No signal from CTH Satellite

Dakling

My receiver is getting no signal from the CTH satellite, just curious if anyone else is having the same problem?

Everything was working fine about 2 hrs ago then no signal, no one at CTH seems to be picking up the phone.

Would like to watch the F1 race and football tonight but not sure whats going on.......

I don't think it is a subscription issue as the free channels are also unavailable.

CTH have totally miscalculated the power required to deliver a consistent service in Thailand.

They are newcomers and it is a newbie mistake.

They have huge problems to overcome to deliver a consistent service, a drop of rain and it is gone whether at the subscriber end or at their uplink,

Their bid for the EPL came at the expense of viewer experience and the cost of satellite resources.

Don't expect anything to change for the better soon.

The only way they beat Truevisions in the bidding war was for this reason!

Edited by Satcommlee

CTH service is crap.

I have the mega 100 baht plan, via condo, box from CTH though.

72 channels PLUS....

But they change every week. I dont get fox news/AFC/etc etc now and no reason.

Fox was replaced by CCTV News in English, but its all super Chinese clean and boring crap. Now I know why communism will fail in China too.

Its CRAP!

I think the problem was a faulty coax cable to the set top box. Has a loose connection and must have gotten giggled at some point. I got to see both the F1 and the EPL so crisis averted.

As far as CTH goes I get about what I expected. The programming is not great other than the EPL, F1 and some other sports. Fox channels are not great but not terrible either.

My biggest gripes are things like inaccurate or unavailable scheduling for many channels as well as lots of sound/language issues. For instance the 1st half of the Belgium GP had no English commentary but the second half was fine. The volume levels between channels and during commercials are irritating but that is pretty much industry standard.

My hope is that over time the schedules will improve as well as some of the language glitches but I'm not holding my breath. Considering I pay 1/2 or less than most people on True pay, I feel the service is ok.

CTH service is crap.

72 channels PLUS....

Fox was replaced by CCTV News in English, but its all super Chinese clean and boring crap. Now I know why communism will fail in China too.

Its CRAP!

Is the box in your condo, or do you mean your Condo building has one?

• 6 months later...

CTH service is crap.

72 channels PLUS....

Its CRAP!

Nothing is worse than those idiots on fox news . Nobody with half a brain could miss fox news

I do not have sound when John Dykes and his men are discussing

On my cable you need to select the "Thai" audio to hear the studio stuff. If you select "English" you only get the crowd noise.

Might be worth a try.