Citibank account remote opening !

Hi Guys. Is it possible to remotely open an account with Citibank US from Citibank thailand? I know HSBC has this service where we can open an account with any HSBC entity in the world, but since HSBC doesn't operate in thailand anymore, so Citibank seems to be the only option. If someone knows about it, let me know. thanks

I can give you some indication based on my experiences as customer of Citibank Australia .

I would say it would be unlikely because they regard Citibank in other parts of the world as entirely different entities to Citibank Thailand. If ever I have had any kind of problem or matter that needed to be dealt with in Citibank Australia, the most they have ever done for me in the Bangkok office is to allow me to use their phone to contact Citibank Australia. blink.png And even then you don't end up talking to somebody in Australia itself! You end up talking to the call centre based in the Philippines.giggle.gif

Let me ask you this question why would get Citibank Thailand to open the account for you in the US ?....why dont you just open the account directly with Citi US ?

however I will concurr with "Midas" however on his comments on Citi Thailand, I hold a Citigold account in Singapore, and under the advertising splurb..they say use a citigold lounge any where world and you will get the same level of service...while this is true in other parts of the world, they are good....Citi Thailand.....pigs ar*e

Let me ask you this question why would get Citibank Thailand to open the account for you in the US ?....why dont you just open the account directly with Citi US ?

however I will concurr with "Midas" however on his comments on Citi Thailand, I hold a Citigold account in Singapore, and under the advertising splurb..they say use a citigold lounge any where world and you will get the same level of service...while this is true in other parts of the world, they are good....Citi Thailand.....pigs ar*e

This is because, if citi thai helps to open, I will no longer need to visit the US. I don't think Citibank US will be willing to open an account without personal appearance. Anyways, today I called citibank bangkok and had the answer, it's not possible to do.

This is because, if citi thai helps to open, I will no longer need to visit the US. I don't think Citibank US will be willing to open an account without personal appearance. Anyways, today I called citibank bangkok and had the answer, it's not possible to do.

Why dont you look at citi singapore, they will do it directly for you without going to Singapore, or at least they did up to 6 months ago, as collegue did it, but seeing as we are talking about the US...one assumes your US citizen ?

If you are pretty sure they will be reluctant to open one in Sing for you...

As regards Citibank Bangkok...are your sure you just havent got the stock Thai response "cannot" if possible or not ?....biggrin.png

See:

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/pands/detail.do?ID=OnlineBankingOverview

I opened an account with them on this site (from Bangkok); I am US citizen and have a US mailing address (as I recall, both are possibly required). Singapore was also willing to remotely open an account for me.

I have a Citi Gold account in Bangkok, after having lost HSBC service here; in comparison to HSBC, their service is deplorable.