G/f Getting A Visa To Oz

Hi All,

Heading back home for a couple weeks for the fathers 50th in September, and would like the g/f to join me for the 2 weeks. she's not working and does not come from a bar, we've lived togeather for the last 8 months here and have known each other for over a year. My father has offered to be a sponsor if thats whats needed as he has quite a large company back there, and can provide all financial info and supporting documents that may be needed.

What are the chances of this going smoothly as what i have read thus far it sounds like it could be an up hill battle :o:D .

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, also any web sites with the actual info i need would be great also.

Thanks in advance, :D

Ling Noi

Edited by Mr Ling Noi

OK so you have read the posts, the thing that is needed is a compelling reason to return to LOS (assuming you want a tourist visa), the no job situation is a real problem, forget that your Father has money, but ask the question does he have influence.

If he does then get him to speak to an influential politician, they can work wonders.

There are plenty of links at the top of this section, a DIMA link is good.

best of luck mate.

Click on the link and read about "Visiting Australia."

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/visiting_info.htm

If you need a tourist visa for only two weeks you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

As Bronco said, you will need to provide a good reason for her to return to Thailand, but I assume you live and work in Thailand so if she lives with you that should be enough reason.

The Immigration link will also lead you to the forms that you will need. You can access them and download them from your computer at home.

You need to give assurances that your g/f will have all of her financial needs covered, will not seek employment whilst in Australia, will abide by the conditions of the tourist visa and will return to Thailand on or before the date of expiry.

Do some reading first then, if you need further information, post your question/s here.

If you need a tourist visa for only two weeks you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

As Bronco said, you will need to provide a good reason for her to return to Thailand, but I assume you live and work in Thailand so if she lives with you that should be enough reason.

The Immigration link will also lead you to the forms that you will need. You can access them and download them from your computer at home.

You need to give assurances that your g/f will have all of her financial needs covered, will not seek employment whilst in Australia, will abide by the conditions of the tourist visa and will return to Thailand on or before the date of expiry.

Do some reading first then, if you need further information, post your question/s here.

I concur with MM....

:o

I concur with MM....

:o

Thanx mate,

we are going to the embassy this week to find out what is needed and expected.

it's a short stay, in OZ, but to convince them may be the problem, I would like to open a company but i need a trustworthy thai to sign the papers as i am led to beleive. she will be it if all goes well back home.

If you or anyone can advise me on what to expect from the embassy that would be appreciated. i have read that they need job info, that can't happen as i support her, she owns no land here and her father only runs a van throughout bangkok. i need some ideas of what documents that mean she wants to come back here will be needed. the only english she knew before we me met was limited?next to nothing, I have taught her enough over the last 10 months (living together) to the point where she has no probs basic talking with the family on the phone, she's trying hard to learn.

I would like to offically open my company when we get back from OZ if all goes well. I have been here for almost 3 years learning the language and culture (i have still so much to learn, Ha Ha)

No it's time to open a business, i just would like the person that i sign the papers with to understand our way and also i would like to know there way. I am learning.

Cheers guys for all the help that you provide and have provided, any help on this situation would be appreciated, Please ask questions as i am sure i have been vague so far, i will answer everything.

Cheers

Ling Noi

it's a short stay, in OZ, but to convince them may be the problem, I would like to open a company but i need a trustworthy thai to sign the papers as i am led to beleive. she will be it if all goes well back home.

If you or anyone can advise me on what to expect from the embassy that would be appreciated.

You've confused me now. You initially asked about a tourist visa. You don't need to attend the embassy to submit a TV application.

If you write anything on her tourist visa application about opening a company whilst in Australia, I believe the application will fail.

A tourist visa is issued for the purposes of touring Australia only. It's a simple thing, don't complicate it.

You stated in your first post that your father has a business in Australia. Surely he would be the best person to advise you on starting your own business.

If you or anyone can advise me on what to expect from the embassy that would be appreciated.

You've confused me now. You initially asked about a tourist visa. You don't need to attend the embassy to submit a TV application.

If you write anything on her tourist visa application about opening a company whilst in Australia, I believe the application will fail.

A tourist visa is issued for the purposes of touring Australia only. It's a simple thing, don't complicate it.

You stated in your first post that your father has a business in Australia. Surely he would be the best person to advise you on starting your own business.

Soryy MM,

I meant that i would be opening a company here in thailand if all goes well with her and the family back home, i have been here a while now and it's time to settle in with a business, i just want to get the trip to Oz over and done with first. i didn't mean opening a company there in Oz.

I am looking to get a TV for the 2 weeks for her and then we are to return here after that. i looked at applying in the internet for a tv and it stated that thailand was not one of the accepted passport countrys or what ever, and i would need to inquire at the emmbasy. am i looking at the wrong site?

I hope this has cleared things up on what i meant, it was a long day yesterday and i didn't look at what i wrote.

Soryy MM,

I meant that i would be opening a company here in thailand if all goes well with her and the family back home, i have been here a while now and it's time to settle in with a business, i just want to get the trip to Oz over and done with first. i didn't mean opening a company there in Oz.

I am looking to get a TV for the 2 weeks for her and then we are to return here after that. i looked at applying in the internet for a tv and it stated that thailand was not one of the accepted passport countrys or what ever, and i would need to inquire at the emmbasy. am i looking at the wrong site?

I hope this has cleared things up on what i meant, it was a long day yesterday and i didn't look at what i wrote.

ok here goes!!

1. no need to go to the embassy.

2 provide evidence of your relationship ... bills, photo's etc

3.tell them why you are returning (ur dad's bday)... and why she wants a tourist visa (as she has been invited to your dads birthday and also to meet your family)

4. provide an outline of what u intend to do during her stay in australia

5. provide relevant declarations as to who will be supporting her (even if u need to get ur dad to do a stat dec and send it over to you before you submit the application)

6. as evidence that she will be returning, supply a stat dec written by yourself that you live together, on return to thailand you wish to start a business together and that she has a family in thailand that she wouldnt leave(so get photo's of her with her family and possibly with you in the pictures too)

umm if you think alittle bit more deeply you may think of more things in your personal lives that can be used in the application... one thing that i have taken away from preparing documentation for the embassy is that it doesnt hurt (as far as i know) to provide evidence that leaves them with no doubt of your good intensions .... 55555 for those of you that know ... or for those that dont ... hahahahaha

:D:D:o

Thanks Mr Ling Noi, I now understand you.

Markww has given you some good advice on what to include in your TV application.

Opening a business in Thailand with your wife is a compelling reason for her to return to Thailand.

You can explain this in the TV application.

I think what you read on the Immigration site was about applying for an electronic tourist visa (e676) and Thailand is not included on the list of nominated countries.

As far as opening a company in Thailand, I suggest that you start another thread, in the appropriate section, posing your questions.

You only need to go to the Vfs office which is at the CC towers next to Surasak BTS station....you can download the 48R form from the net or fill it out at the office. The forms from the Office are in Thai and English, so you can download from the website and do a dummy copy then copy it out at the office, so your girl understands the questions.

As well as supporting docs as mentioned here already, she will need a couple of passport size pics and the visa fee and service charge will need to be paid there when you lodge the form.

It will take about 5-6 days for the application to be processed.

Graham

...you can download the 48R form from the net or fill it out at the office. The forms from the Office are in Thai and English, so you can download from the website and do a dummy copy then copy it out at the office, so your girl understands the questions.

The 48R forms are available for download in many different languages from the Forms Section of the Immigration site, including the Thai version.

You can find them here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/forms_num1.htm

It will take about 5-6 days for the application to be processed.

Graham

Keep in mind that's business days and it can take quite a bit longer during peak times. My gf's first tourist visa took 9 days and , the second time 6 days.