Easter And Alcohol

Donz

I know that alcohol is not allowed to be sold on easter friday, but i had no idea that it was for Sunday too, I went to the bottle shop yesterday and was so shitty that it was closed.

But whats the point of banning alcohol sales??

didnt that Jesus fella drink wine?

It bloody spoiled my Sunday

at woolworths.

The whole woolworths was closed.

Ahhh... not in Thailand... I should have read where you come from under your avatar... :D

Was this your first Easter in Sydney?

Just to keep the thread open, seeing it is currently not Thailand related and should be closed, maybe we should go with the flow of jdinasia's attempt at thread-jacking and discuss why alcohol is not allowed to be sold from 6PM before an election (house of reps, senate, local) here in Thailand? :o

No ive lived in sydney all my life, just usually stocked up for the whole weekend before easter friday.

But I just wonder why do they ban alcohol sales on a long weekend when everyone is partying?

jesus i got drunk unlimited this weekend, and the liqour store was open in its magical hours.

the tropics is the best with just 24 hours unlimited liqour although some times family / 7-11 the till person really loves to play by all the rules and shut the liqour supply down.

I don't think Christ drank wine - I think there was a mistranslation somewhere.

Jesus did drink wine - no mistranslation anywhere. He certainly drank it at the last supper. At other times he drank it enough to be called, in Luke 7:34 "The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!" (see also Mat 11:19)

So, in answer to the OP, as a bible reader, I can see no reason why alcohol is limited at certain times of year!

Edited by suegha

Jesus did drink wine - no mistranslation anywhere. He certainly drank it at the last supper. At other times he drank it enough to be called, in Luke 7:34 "The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!" (see also Mat 11:19)

Didn't I read somewhere that he had 3 loaves, 5 fish and a bunch of grapes, and he started the Hovis, Harry Ramsdens and Threshers chains?

Isn't because Sunday is the day os rest, as in no one should be working anyway, so on Easter Sunday you really should be in church so close everything down and go. That's what I thought it was based on, but I am not Chirstian and don't understand all that is done in the name of.

Isn't because Sunday is the day os rest, as in no one should be working anyway, so on Easter Sunday you really should be in church so close everything down and go. That's what I thought it was based on, but I am not Chirstian and don't understand all that is done in the name of.

No, it's just based on pure superstition.

BTW Bops, did you post the above drunk??? :o

He supposely turned water into wine. So he did encourage people to drink.

Im no Christian, why cant they sell me alcohol?

No, it's just based on pure superstition.

Well, in the states that is the reason why many places are closed everyweek. They say Sunday is the day of rest and the day to go to church. In the state of Kansas they just within the last year allowed the sale of alchol on Sundays. I am speaking of every week here.

BTW Bops, did you post the above drunk??? :D

No, why? :o

Not only can you buy as much booze as you like over "er... but the pubs were open passed midnight all weekend...err...awfully civilized wot :o ....and dont shut on election days...or on any others...

Not only can you buy as much booze as you like over "er... but the pubs were open passed midnight all weekend...err...awfully civilized wot :o ....and dont shut on election days...or on any others...

I cant wait to go to the UK next year, atleast I can get rat faced at the pub on easter

No ive lived in sydney all my life, just usually stocked up for the whole weekend before easter friday.

But I just wonder why do they ban alcohol sales on a long weekend when everyone is partying?

Everything is closed in Sydney at Easter.

I visited once without knowing this and it was a big bore.

Pretty city though!