Any car tents or places to sell a car in Pattaya?

pattayadingo

this advert text is from a Honda Jazz i recently sold

'''I said to my Thai wife, if you want a new car then you have to sell this one
so yesterday she went up and down Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya and called at the many car dealers on there asking if they would buy the car
they examined it and she had many offers in writing on their business cards which can be viewed by potential buyers
their offers ranged from many at 270,000-280,000, some at 290,000 to a few at 300,000 baht
so a car dealer will give 300,000 as it is on 18th June 2013''

i sold it privately to a guy from BKK two days later for 335,000 in cash

at risk of repeating myself:

she went up and down Sukhumvit with the car and book and asked the dealers how much they would give for it

most made an offer, some low, some higher, but a;l were happy to look

she collected business cards with the name and offer on the back

it gave me an idea of what it was worth in the trade

she started at Boy Air and sound and went as far as the floating market on SUk

then back into town as far as BPH

you might just get what you want for it from a dealer

if not you will know what its worth in the trade and how much to offer it for privately

good luck

• Like 1

Always try sell your car privately, check one/two cars for the price of your car and take it from there.

The tents and 2hand car dealers obviously have to earn money too so that is not the way to go unless you are desperate.

I also got some 45k baht more for my car when I sold it privately compared to the offers I got from the dealers, even at the Ford dealer where I bought a new truck.

Yamaha Fino sold privately recently for 18.5k baht, offer from 2 dealers (buying a new bike as well) 15k baht and 13k baht.

Out of curiosity ... what are you selling?

I'm sure it's been maintained to the Service manual specs?

Price ... ?

I'm selling the 5 door LPG / Petrol Seat cordoba (basically a VW car) because I have to go to the UK for 6 months or longer. I'll have nowhere to keep the car for that length of time as I am giving up the house lease that is due for renewal soon.

Had it advertised on Thai Visa originally at 90K (30 less than I paid last year) but have decided I'm willing to let it go for 50K.

Have to admit if I do not get that, I'll give it to a friend. Rather that5 than take any less.

Tidy car. Runs great too but little interest. If I had more time I'd be patient and hold out. But now I do not have the time.

I have stacks of paperwork for it, mostly in Thai so hard to read :P

Always try sell your car privately, check one/two cars for the price of your car and take it from there.

The tents and 2hand car dealers obviously have to earn money too so that is not the way to go unless you are desperate.

I also got some 45k baht more for my car when I sold it privately compared to the offers I got from the dealers, even at the Ford dealer where I bought a new truck.

Yamaha Fino sold privately recently for 18.5k baht, offer from 2 dealers (buying a new bike as well) 15k baht and 13k baht.

As I said to David's post.

I no longer have the time to wait. Add to that, if I was staying (or not going for so long) I'd not part with it.

As I said to David's post.

I no longer have the time to wait. Add to that, if I was staying (or not going for so long) I'd not part with it.

Well it quite an old car and you are in a hurry, good luck with the sale.

Sad to hear you are leaving, hope you come back one day and (re)join our forumwai2.gif

• Like 2