Bangkok condo prices jump 21 percent

webfact

So can I buy a used condo in bkk not more than 500 mtrs from mass transit for 2-2.5 million?

What type of property are you looking for? No. of BR? Sq. M.?

Assuming you are familiar with the areas served by the BTS and MRT, you could scan local forums like prakard to get a feel for what's out there.

http://www.prakard.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=417

thanks. What is BR ? And can you give me some info about buying such as contracts , lease times .visa requirement(if any) management fees , thanks

BR = bedroom...

I'm thinking as Thailand is far more capitalists then the US and Britain it won't.

you must be joking sir.............you should be carful with what you write, silly people might belive your an expert on such matters.

Edited by soundman
Quote tags fixed.

I'm thinking as Thailand is far more capitalists then the US and Britain it won't.

you must be joking sir.............you should be carful with what you write, silly people might belive your an expert on such matters.

Thailand is far more of capitalist society then the UK, im not from the US so i don't know its nuances. After the financial collapse in Thailand the govt. didn't bail out the land owning and banking so called elites.

And its "you're".

We are renting for 50K per month. The people who used to live where we are now (friends of ours) were paying 65K before they moved out a year before we moved in.

I guess stats like these weren't included in the calculations.

After living in Thailand for 34 years..... I find it really interesting that "ferang" would ever consider buying property here.

I wish you all the best, and know that it will all end in tears.

One of my mentors, a Canadian gentleman who has been based in Bangkok on and off since the 1980s offered me sage advice on Bangkok property... "Don't buy here unless you're prepared to walk away at some point." Meaning, if you can't afford to take a total loss, don't do it... he does own multiple properties here, but then again he's a millionaire and can afford to walk away if the going gets rough.

After living in Thailand for 34 years..... I find it really interesting that "ferang" would ever consider buying property here.

why so ?if your intention is property as investment to make money ok., but just as a place to live then surely its ok

We are renting for 50K per month. The people who used to live where we are now (friends of ours) were paying 65K before they moved out a year before we moved in.

50 K a month ?That bit expensive !!! Maybe it is a Mansion you are residing !!! I rented out 80sqm condo in Pattaya for 15,000 bt a month plus 8,000 bt for another 40sqm Condo.

50 K a month ?That bit expensive !!! Maybe it is a Mansion you are residing !!! I rented out 80sqm condo in Pattaya for 15,000 bt a month plus 8,000 bt for another 40sqm Condo.

400 square metres. Not expensive for the space, gardens and pool I get.

so how much have you paid in rent in those 34 years, with nothing to show for it?

• Like 2

so how much have you paid in rent in those 34 years, with nothing to show for it?

Exactly! I do not have anything against renting but if you would have bought some prime condos 20 years ago you would be doing alright.

A few posters here on TV have shown there is some money to be made...looks mostly in buying the less than a million baht places and renting them out and catering to the Thai market.

Real Estate is tricky here and this is a major bubble but I think Bangkok is still cheap and in 20 years things will be much more expensive.

The article mentions price drop for condos "more than 200 meters from mass transit". You didn't say where you are. Either way, I don't really buy the figures either. If true it certainly would be rather astounding.