7-11 stamps: do they expire?

CarthagoDelendaEst

I have given away hundreds of these stamps to people walking into 7-11, as I was walking out, and they were always super happy. I act like I don't know they are worth a few baht, smile, and hope karma is increased. smile.png this is my gift to the world. haha.

• Like 1

Its all a con. It will take 5 yrs of collecting to cash in on one of the promotions..

Why would you want to use the promo offers? They are not desirable really. Every stamp can be used as 1 baht in the store. I think they are more just examples of what you could buy, since 100 stamps = 100 baht (you can buy ANYTHING you want), but I think the umbrella example was the same 100 baht so it's more an example than a requirement to use it on those.

There is a tremendous lack of knowledge on this in English at least most of my farang friends. I speak Chinese and luckily the Chinese in Thailand all knew about being able to buy stuff with each counting as 1baht. I find it surprising since there are more long-term farangs in Thailand and the Chinese here often have huge language barriers (I've often had to step in and translate at least to english, and I always find it surprising they are never shocked by a westerner in thailand being able to speak chinese and rarely get so much as a thanks...typical mainlanders I guess). Maybe a sticky on ThaiVisa detailing 7-11 promotions/offers/facts like these (expiration dates, usage, the fact they don't speak english, how to say microwave, etc.) since it is the biggest shop in Thailand after all. Woulda been a help to me when I first came. Anyways since they expire purpose of the thread is closed. Thanks for the help (just wanted to let the guy know he can use the stamps as cash).

Edited by CarthagoDelendaEst

Yes exactly 1x stamp = 1 baht one stamp given for every 50 baht spent.

I dont think anyone will want to save 100 thb for the umbrella or 1000 thb for the plastic table but you are correct these are just examples of promotional stuff. But you can just use the stamps as cash for any items. Probably with the exception of cigarettes.

The better promotions in 7 11 are always hidden and in thai but try to look out for them.

Although finished for the time being 7 11 normally run promotions where by if you spend more than 50 baht then you can by sellect items very very cheap. For example just recently for about 1 month if you spend more than 50 baht you can buy coke can at 10 baht each. So spend 100 baht you can buy 2 coke can for 10 baht etc.... coke can just an example but theres many more items normally on offer.

I know it sounds thrifty but why not use these promotions????? They are open to all ppl.

To many ppl here always complaining about being cheated out of there money complaining about dual price charging and heres a straight up offer giving you money back and the same ppl just want to throw money away???

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

currently have over 150 stamps plus 4x50 baht discount vouchers.

current stamps expire sometime in december.

bought two pckets of tasto chips and a tin of tuna the other day gives about 20 stamps currently. perhaps something else in there but cant remember.

nothing i want to buy on promotion. sell my current stamps to you for 2.50 baht each if you are interested coffee1.gifblink.png

• 2 months later...

TiT,

you can use your stamps as money ( 1 stamp= 1 Baht= loso ) or you can collect them to get one of the high shelf items ( = hiso )

Seven staff trying to cheat you on your stamps are the lowest of the low and will be reborn as soi dogs ( but they still will try...)