Q-Con 7.5 Do they keep the heat out?

12.5 aac blocks are cool to the touch on the inside when in direct sunlight. Color of paint might have a tad to do with it. Also on very cold nights my observation is not the cold coming through the 12.5 aac blocks as when I lived in a red brick walled rental. The noise reduction factor of 7.5 aac block INTERIOR walls is decent in my experience. Plenty of ways to waste money building a house in my experience, but the 12.5 exterior aac blocks and the 7.5 interior aac blocks was baht well spent. NO PROBLEM with cabinets being attached to the walls. All our bathrooms have tile to the ceiling and never a "seepage" of water from any exterior wall or any bathroom wall. Super Block, CPAC Block, Thai-Con, Smart Block, Q-Con and other brands are easy to compare price wise and not ALL aac blocks are made to the same standard in my observation. Some retail stores OUTSIDE the store, will have pallet loads in the rain exposed, and you can see how the un-rendered aac blocks can vary after a few months in the rain. You can arrange to have "direct shipment' from the regional plant that actually makes the aac blocks direct to your building site so less breakage. ALL the "broken" aac blocks can be used as they have to saw NUMEROUS aac blocks to a "shorter" size due to windows and doors. They also can be laid VERTICAL to create a nice "curve" on a wall. They do NOT have to only be installed horizontal. Really very little "waste" when building with AAC blocks. The price can vary greatly from store to store.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they do make a difference, my first house was rendered red brick, there was not a choice at the time.

My second is made entirely of Q block. There is no question about internal heat reduction.

Maybe look at window positioning + glass, also, create shade with trees + shrubs............

all helps with that lekky bill.

• Like 1

Yes they do make a difference, my first house was rendered red brick, there was not a choice at the time.

My second is made entirely of Q block. There is no question about internal heat reduction.

Maybe look at window positioning + glass, also, create shade with trees + shrubs............

all helps with that lekky bill.

Glad to hear that the 7.5. Q-Con have helped keep your walls cool. Thats exactly what i was hoping to hear.

I'm getting a quote for Windsor Vinyl Windows and doors for the house.

While I haven't actually seen what the Windsor products are like, I am in the situation of not being in country, I am going by the recommendations of others that have seen and compared them.