Thai govt spokesman denies '200,000 Baht per day' food budget

webfact

Since all Parliamentarians' allowances come from the public purse, there is presumably a list somewhere of exactly what they are. Why doesn't the government simply publish it and dispel all these nasty rumours?

Dusit Thani catering is not cheap!

I seem to remember some time ago, that Yingluks daily food cost was reported to be in the vicinity of Thb 20K..

20K a day, good to see she is now dieting or has already had her fill from the troth.

He further explained that the Government House does have a special budget for the meals served in events that the government welcomed its dignitaries. However, he stressed that the special set of menu is not as extravagant as the ant-government critics have alleged.

That's right! ... It's only 100,000 Baht per day!

You people will be happy if she spend only 100 Baht per day eating somtum with the locals by the road, and save 20 Baht drinking the free complimentary water.

You should not compare her with your local wives.

You people will be happy if she spend only 100 Baht per day eating somtum with the locals by the road, and save 20 Baht drinking the free complimentary water.

I've always like that expression "you people".

• Like 2

I agree that a THB 100/day food budget is not appropriate for a lady of her status. But THB 200,000 is a bit too much don't you think so?

I give my local wife THB 150/day. I should add that she is vegetarian. Uh I mean, recently became vegetarian. She says that meat is very expensive nowadays.

You think that's enough?

200,000 thousand baht per day is virtually impossible to spend on food here in Thailand. For 5,000 baht a day you can eat very well already. I personally cook myself, buy Thai food once a day and I spend about 250 baht a day in total, and that includes meat (Beef)

She would get more respect that way if she could relate to the locals.

Never had a single humble/challenging/difficult day in her life.

I don't know if this is fact of fiction but look at the government house canteen its quite nice:

Geez the Queen of England would be envious on how Thai politicians dine.

Not when you throw in the cost of inviting the world's ambassadors,Commonwealth knobs, as well as the rest of Great Britain and Northern Island's great and good at her soirees!

Probably no change from £200,000 & that's just the booze!!

The real problem is that PT have told so many lies in the past that its impossible to know what is the truth.

There seems to be a culture among them of a denial as an automatic response to anything they are caught out on.

A case in point was the speaker of the house denying the there were riot police outside and calling them traffic cops when it was easily proved he was telling a lie.

Its not really as serious a criticism as being the sister of an on-the-run criminal who killed thousands of poor people in a fake war on drugs, and plundered billions from the national coffers. Or the fact that she and her cabinet take orders from him while he hides from justice overseas. Which is treason by the way. But yeah, big dinners etc. blah blah blah.

• Like 1