Aircraft explodes at military airport in Rayong

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally have never understood having the Thai air force. Who are they going to do air strikes on,

Cambodia ???

Don't you think Thailand has the rigth to have an Air Force just like you country does ?

Anyway, during WWII Thailand fought Laos-based Franchs. Apparantely the Thai AF did good that maybe another reason they want the tradition to continue.

i thought it was the japs here in ww2..and whats a franch.....you had a long day....

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

These Thai soldiers were and are doing their duty. I notice nobody has listed the US training military deaths, even in the United States. These soldiers are serving for the Nation. You verbal detractors; shut up, or go back to where you came from. Thank you.

well its a thai forum brains...understand....whistling.gif

Just for the record: the Swedish planes that Thailand has are not called "Grippen" but "Gripen".

For the person who insinuated bribes were involved, I don't know. But Sweden has very strict laws since some scandal years ago regarding Bofors guns to India. I don't think the F-16 supplier is exactly snow-white in this regard.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Thai Air Force was bombing Laos well into the 80's. they might have 12 saab grippen but the main Air force plane is still the American F-16. they are constantly flying from Korat afb which is also the Air Defense center of Thailand.

Retired U.S.A.F. Starting at Ubon afr in 1970.

I personally have never understood having the Thai air force. Who are they going to do air strikes on,

Cambodia ????

Don't forget the JAPS invaded/occupied Thailand during WW Two.

Given that the current Warmongering PM of Japan is building up his Navy and still fails to face upto the War Crimes committed by his ancestors, his Grandfather was one of Tojo's lackeys, Thailand is very correct in building up all areas of the military.

And still majority of americans think Hiroshima and Nagasaki were just acts.

Unneccesary murder of civilians! If that wasn't a war crime what is?

Gulf of Thailand with some very professional Thai pilots who I am proud to fly with and work with!! The operation by the way has an outstanding safety record.

So one assumes your flying choppers then ?

Yes I am

So MR soutpeel what do you have to give to the world apart from comments behind a secretive profile???

I was actually enquiring at to whether it was choppers just to confirm it was It was the outfit I thought it was and I was going to complement you guys on the good job you do and not always under the best conditions, but we can also hurl sarcastic comments at each other as well, if you wish... biggrin.png

The Thai Air Force was bombing Laos well into the 80's. they might have 12 saab grippen but the main Air force plane is still the American F-16. they are constantly flying from Korat afb which is also the Air Defense center of Thailand.

Retired U.S.A.F. Starting at Ubon afr in 1970.

56 F-16 according to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Air_Force#Aircraft_inventory

Looking at the numbers there the Thai air force is significant

I think that the Thai are right that they have a air force and navy.

But i think it was not necessary to buy a aircraft carrier while you don't have flyable harriers to use on it and sell it to the people as a disaster relief vessel.

The same for the submarines, i don't see really a reason for this very expensive equipment

All you people putting down Thai military and its ability. Do you know anything about firstly aviation ?? very easy to post these comments while you live here in Thailand and put everything about the country down.

Well I did 25 years in the RAF. Does that count?

How many years of military service did you complete and in which branch?

Where you a pilot??? I am an active pilot with over 28 years flying. I fly with x Thai Military pilots daily and they are as good as any British/American/Australian pilots I have flown with. I suppose you might live in Thailand now right?? If so with your Military service would be nice to have some mutual respect for the air force of the country you now live in!!

Congatulations on being a pilot.

I suppose that as a pilot you believe that you climb in (after doing your preflight checks), fly around and then land, sign the aircraft over and walk away knowing that it will be ready for your next flight. Do you have any idea how many man hours and people work so that you can fly for an hour or two.

Have you ever worked with the ground crews loading gunpacks, bombs, missles and external tanks and seen the precautions taken? Do you even know who they are?

Thai pilots are not as good as Western pilots generally as they don't get the experience that western pilots do especially as in the west the aircrews are quite often in live fire zones and to my knowledge the RTAF has not fought in a war since Vietnam.

Can you please tell me how many years of military service you have completed and in which branch.

Where did I put the Thail Air Force down

You are quite correct that I live in Thailand and where I came from respect is earned by doing quality work. I did at one time explain to a junior pilot on one Sqdn I served on that whilst I respect the rank that the Queen and the Air Force have given you I don't HAVE to respect you sir. On the other hand I have met many pilots who went up the Ranks to Air Officer rank because they were good and wel respected by the whole Squqdron, both air and ground crews alike. Sadly several of the best pilots I have known are dead, one because of pressonitis.

Edited by billd766

Cambodia ???

Don't you think Thailand has the rigth to have an Air Force just like you country does ?

Anyway, during WWII Thailand fought Laos-based Franchs. Apparantely the Thai AF did good that maybe another reason they want the tradition to continue.

they also surrended to the Japs.

Ask anyone between 15 and 45 about WW2 blink.png No such thing happened

Wonderful schools here, lets not teach the kids anything about the outside world w00t.gif

Thailand is proud to declare that it has never been colonised nor ocupied.

Period!

What about the Japanese, in ww2

All you people putting down Thai military and its ability. Do you know anything about firstly aviation ?? very easy to post these comments while you live here in Thailand and put everything about the country down.

Well I did 25 years in the RAF. Does that count?

How many years of military service did you complete and in which branch?

Where you a pilot??? I am an active pilot with over 28 years flying. I fly with x Thai Military pilots daily and they are as good as any British/American/Australian pilots I have flown with. I suppose you might live in Thailand now right?? If so with your Military service would be nice to have some mutule respect for the air force of the country you now live in!!

You must have an exciting job Sir flying with x Thai Military pilots daily. Where do you fly to? This is not a baiting post I would just like to know.

Gulf of Thailand with some very professional Thai pilots who I am proud to fly with and work with!! The operation by the way has an outstanding safety record. That is why I can read all these posts by people blanket bashing anything in Thailand. I like being here and live here by personal choice and do respect the people here. Seems many ex pat guys live here but hate everything about the place apart from bars and girls and cheap beer. My advise is to them is to go home.

Maybe your correct in what you say about the Thai AF, and maybe you are not, I don't know. What I have observed on TV on many occasions, is that when someone is losing the argument, they tell others to go home.

• Like 1