Where's Best Buy For Dvd's In Bangkok

bang

I have never tested a dvd before purchase. Out of the hundreds I have purchased ive had only a few that dont work properly.

I usually pick out about 10 at a time and then offer 80 baht a piece to the seller. They rarely refuse when you have a stack of 10 infront of you.

Otherwise the standard price is 90 or mostly 100 baht anywhere else. Even if you are just buying 1 dvd, it should never be more then 100.

I've found that pantip are selling worse and worse quality dvds. I've been buying dvds here for about 3yrs and at the moment the best place is probably MBK for reliability. It will be hard to get them for less then 80 baht each unless you are buying huge quantities. Obviously this is because rents are higher in MBK then they are in Pantip. Good luck! If all else fails.... get a high speed internet connection, download and burn your own. :o

There is this place near the Sala Daeng BTS station, on Silom road and opposite of Patpong. The DVDs are THB100 each but the quality is very good. Its is very popular with locals too. You can easily find it looking at the crowd crowding around the vendor.

:D-->

QUOTE(Andy B @ 2006-04-26 10:48:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is this place near the Sala Daeng BTS station, on Silom road and opposite of Patpong. The DVDs are THB100 each but the quality is very good. Its is very popular with locals too. You can easily find it looking at the crowd crowding around the vendor.

Yep, the two stalls outside the entrance to subway sandwiches silom are good.. They'll give u sh1t cam versions sayin there original the first time u buy from them, once u have been back once to kick off and swap them they stop fvckin u about and will show u all the master copy new releases each time u visit! :D

The last 50+ i've had from them have all been 100% DVD quality :o

:D--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Andy B @ 2006-04-26 10:48:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Yep, the two stalls outside the entrance to subway sandwiches silom are good.. They'll give u sh1t cam versions sayin there original the first time u buy from them, once u have been back once to kick off and swap them they stop fvckin u about and will show u all the master copy new releases each time u visit! :D

The last 50+ i've had from them have all been 100% DVD quality :o

yes i do verily concur that the silom stall is pretty good. i think the good quality ones are called DVD 9, there's really no mystery, just ask if its DVD 9 quality. if the disc doesnt have a DVD 9 sticker on the cover, dont bother buying it.

Do you guys have any remorse for stealing someone elses intellectual property? Why dont you purchase the DVD in a store instead of stealing it?

Please dont complain when the waitress short changes you or your gf steals money from your wallet.

Do you guys have any remorse for stealing someone elses intellectual property? Why dont you purchase the DVD in a store instead of stealing it?

Please dont complain when the waitress short changes you or your gf steals money from your wallet.

I pass them on for others to watch after i've seen em once, as im not one to watch a movie twice.. So I see it as helpin the needy, helpin out people less fortunate than myself and all that..

PS You must have had some classy gf's :o

Here we go again!

You have already made your point very clear in another current thread .........

Yes, I am a thief!

No, I have no remorse!

Yes, What I am doing is harming an industry that must be incredibly important to you.

No, I don't really care!

Take your revival show to another road, I doubt if you will find much sympathy or converts here in TV, based upon the responses to your last thread.

Now, let's let people tell the OP where he can get some CD's and Software.

I try before pantip and silom dvd , not good to me ..

one place for difficult movies to find , european / gay is LOOK-Maew 3 floor MBK ( 250 baht from them)

All my other movies i get them from sapanlek

dvd 5 ( 80baht ) dvd 9 ( 150baht)

silom told me i was buying a dvd 9 , for 100 baht .

copy not good and not a dvd 9

I've found that pantip are selling worse and worse quality dvds. I've been buying dvds here for about 3yrs and at the moment the best place is probably MBK for reliability. It will be hard to get them for less then 80 baht each unless you are buying huge quantities. Obviously this is because rents are higher in MBK then they are in Pantip. Good luck! If all else fails.... get a high speed internet connection, download and burn your own. :o

How does one do this? Where on the internet can you download movies?...I would be interested in 'classic cinema' type stuff...

Reading your postings about ''intellectual property'', DVDs, etc. makes me want to puke.

You call people ''hypocrites'' and ''thieves''.

Ooohh!! Looking at your profile it's clear that you read the News Clippings.

Thief!

Hypocrite!

Do you believe that Thai Visa pays for these news stories? You are part of a massive conspiracy to infringe copyright.

Personally, I don't care.

For you, given how important the subject is to you, I expect you to do something about it.

How does one do this? Where on the internet can you download movies?...I would be interested in 'classic cinema' type stuff...

As already mentioned the best websites to download movies from are:

www.torrentspy.com

www.mininova.org

Not only can you download movies, but also music, tv series, special broadcasts, sports (formula 1 being a favourite).

There are many programs available to download the before mentioned. Azuerus is the program that I personally use, but others prefer ABC (Another Bit torrent Client). It doesn't make a great deal of difference in the end.

If your a hitchcock fan then PM me and I can certainly point you in the right direction...

As for intellectual property... I don't see any relevance to the original question.

Re buying off the street - why pay more for a dvd when you might not be able to play it where you want, with the stupid region restrictions. The fakes can be played anywhere on anything. No contest.

And don't tell me you can just buy a region-free machine. If I buy a dvd I want it to play, period. Not search around for a machine that has been fixed to overcome the problem.

Re buying off the street - why pay more for a dvd when you might not be able to play it where you want, with the stupid region restrictions. The fakes can be played anywhere on anything. No contest.

And don't tell me you can just buy a region-free machine. If I buy a dvd I want it to play, period. Not search around for a machine that has been fixed to overcome the problem.

As has been pointed put elsewhere, entering the make and model number of your DVD player along with words like ''region free'' into a search engine such as Google will produce a list of web sites that will almost certainly tell you how to render your DVD player ''region free''. Almost all DVD players are ''region free'', they are simply programmed not to be before you buy them. It is a trivial matter to reverse this.

Edited by MarkBKK

Little update : DVD 5 = 100 THB at Fortune Town (Ratchada).

And DVD 9 = 180 THB.

Reminder : the difference is usually bull xxxx.

This number refers to the storage capacity of the disk 4.7 GB or 9.6.

On a DVD 9 you can store more, like bonus, or more audio tracks etc.

But we are speaking about copies of movies (they stripped out all the bonuses).

So... little difference at the end (at least for the new movies).

So the prices are going down, as the market becomes larger (more and more thai customers, who switch from VCD to DVD).

But we still have some "margin" for further decrease. because in Vietnam for instance : the same DVD costs 50 THB (18 000 Dong = 1 euro) !

:o

They used to have two movies on one DVD9 disk.

A lot of movies are actually in SVCD (Chinese "DVD") format, they look ok to your average Thai customer but are just marginally better than "zoom" copies filmed in movie theaters. I stopped going to Sapanlek because of this.

They used to have two movies on one DVD9 disk.

A lot of movies are actually in SVCD (Chinese "DVD") format, they look ok to your average Thai customer but are just marginally better than "zoom" copies filmed in movie theaters. I stopped going to Sapanlek because of this.

SVCD=Super VCD, i.e. MPEG-2 on CD rather than DVD. Almost all DVDs use MPEG-2 as well, but at higher bit-rates. Some SVCDs can be very good (but you have to change disks half way through the movie).

PS Out of a large number of ''DVD9''-marked knock-off DVDs I found only a few that were actually ''DVD9''. The rest were ''DVD5'' with ''DVD9'' written on them. The trouble is many vendors in Thailand are sold these ''DVD9'' disks (most come from China) at a higher price than the ''DVD5'' disks, and pass on the increased costs to the customer. Some places do sell ''DVD9''-marked disks with two or more movies on them, again, some are ''DVD9'' and some are very badly encoded ''DVD5'' disks.

(cclub75: Prices going down? Where?)

Do I have any remorse "stealing" a few dollars from someone demanding US$100,000,000 for a few months work ?

Not really, I rather help someone without a job make a few bath by bying a "local" DVD.