On your Bike......

rai57000

I got my last Bike from Big C about 7 years ago it was 7000Bht and has lasted very well but been back there and not much to look at or good value..

It is time for a change but where to get mountain Bike for around 7 to 8000Bht??? Anywhere in or around Chiang rai is ok.. Thanks..

I would guess that seven years on, prices may have gone up. Normally I would recommend Northern Bike, which is my favorite, but I’m pretty sure all their bikes are out of your price range.

That leaves something local, like LA Bikes, which can be found in dozens of small Thai shops scattered around Chiang Rai. I see them everywhere but don’t have a specific location for you.

Northern Bikes is over the bridge on the road out of town heading toward Makro or the Airport. There is a big Esso station on the left at the point were the road from the new town bridge meets the highway. NB is located just before that road and before the service station. It is also directly across from a U-turn on the highway. There are Trek signs outside.

Try this on Google Earth 19.935635, 99.844856 (Northern Bike). In street view you can see what the shop looks like from the road.

If that one doesn't work, try this 19°56'8.29"N 99°50'41.48"E.

Edited by villagefarang

I would have to agree that Northern Biike is the place to go. I have bought two new bikes

from them and also for service and repairs. They stock a comprehesive range of accessories

for both mountain and road bikes.

You may well be interested in the Trek 3900 Disc I have just listed on the Thai Visa classifieds.

It was purchased new from Northern Bikes on 7/6 /2013 and is in perfect condition.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/hobbies/sport-and-leisure/trek-3900-disc-mountain-bike-2013-model-less-than-3-months-old-239133.html

• 3 months later...