TV options with English football on Samui

I don't watch TV if I can help it but, because UBC aren't showing English football any more, I have been asked by a tenant to see if I can get him an alternative satellite option. I have heard on some grapevine or another that there is an option using a satellite or "smart box" or something.

Questions:

1) What is it?

2) What is needed for it?

3) How much does it cost?

4) Where can I find it?

5) Is it legal?

6) Does it work?

7) Are there any other alternatives besides Samui Cable? The English Premiership is what the guy really wants but if it has movies and news channels, all the better.

I appreciate your responses and relating of your experiences of this service. Thanks.

A friend of mine just got the new HTC box in Bangkok and had to pay 20,000.-THB for 3 years. This will give you the next 3 seasons EPL, no idea if any and what other channels are included.

The alternative is to stream the games on your computer, providing you have a fast enough internet connection.

A friend of mine just got the new HTC box in Bangkok and had to pay 20,000.-THB for 3 years. This will give you the next 3 seasons EPL, no idea if any and what other channels are included.

The alternative is to stream the games on your computer, providing you have a fast enough internet connection.

He's not PC-minded enough to watch on the Internet... but the HTC box is interesting? Can I find it on Samui or do you have to go to BKK?

And where is CTH in Lamai?

I found this.

Gulf of Thailand cable. 093-7610997. Koh Samui. Surat Thani.

I just tried this number, was answered by a Thai lady who confirmed that it was the CTH shop in Lamai. It's very near to the Kodak shop/Pensit & Laws offices, across the road. I'll go in this afternoon and post what I find.

Thanks to all for the info.

• Like 2

you can get this with iptv box from Spain about 200€ a year

ENTERTAINMENT CHANNELS
BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, CHANNEL 4, E4, MORE 4, CHANNEL 5, FIVE USA, FIVE*, RTE1, RTE2, TV3, TG4, UTV, SKY 1, SKY LIVING, FOX, SKY ATLANTIC, WATCH, GOLD, DAVE, COMEDY CENTRAL, PICK TV, NAT GEO, DISCOVERY, DISCOVERY SCIENCE, ANIMAL PLANET, EDEN, HISTORY CHANNEL

MOVIE CHANNELS
FILM 4, SKY PREMIER, SKY ACTION, SKY FAMILY, SKY THRILLER, SKY DISNEY

NEWS CHANNELS
SKY NEWS, BBC NEWS

SPORTS CHANNELS
SKY SPORTS 1, SKY SPORTS 2, SKY SPORTS 3, SKY SPORTS 4, SKY SPORTS F1, SKY SPORTS NEWS, BT SPORTS 1, BT SPORTS 2, PREMIER SPORTS, SETANTA IRELAND, REDBULL TV, ESPN, RACING UK, AT THE RACES, EUROSPORT INT 1, EUROSPORT INT 2

INTERNATIONAL CHANNELS
NRK1, NRK2 Norwegian channels

ADULT CHANNELS
ADULT 1, ADULT 2,
MUSIC CHANNELS
HEART, CAPITAL

They installed it this afternoon. An externally-hired team (by them) of 2 guys with a dish, a box, a drill and a ladder. It took about an hour to fix & mount the satellite dish and set the box. They were polite and quick.