another door?

If you have the time please first call the land department to find out if it is possible and what to do if you want to separate an apartment into two apartments. Maybe you can find out if that happened already to an apartment in our building.?

And in several floors I already found several apartments where they put the new door.

But we should not tell them because that would probably cause problems to the owners. And I don't see why we should make a problem to anyone.

I am interested to buy an apartment in floor D. Then I want to build in another door to the floor on position two, same as in floor A, B and C.

400door1.jpg

I asked the management if this is allowed and as I hate a surprise in the future I asked for a written permission.

First the answer was that to build in a new door is no problem. For of written permission I would have to wait until the next manager meeting.

After the manager meeting the buildings manager changed his opinion and said first I have to get at least 50% of the condo owners of the building to agree.

So the owner of the condo in floor A who is living overseas and is not interested in anything related to the building need to agree.

In the general meeting of all owners of the building less than 5% of the owners do show up.

They say it's not their problem how I get these 50%.

For me it's only worth to buy the condo if I can make this second door to the floor. It does not disturb the buildings structure and the neighbors don't care or even agree. And it would be on the same position as already many doors are on other floors.

Actually on many apartments owners simply built in a new door to the floor. I guess without asking anyone. Just do it.

So finally was it a wrong to ask for permission?

Western mindset: Ask permission, get it in writing

Thai mindset: just do it. Deal with the consequences later.

Often the Thai style works better. But a mix of the two mindsets is probably best.

If your direct neighbors are not inconvenienced by it then the opinion from people on floor A,B and C should not be important.

The best way to get things like these done is to ask management how much it costs to place a new door.

Pay the price, done. You have the door, and moved the responsibility of placing that door to management. Management happy because they have some extra money. win,win,win.

• Like 1

For me it's only worth to buy the condo if I can make this second door to the floor.

The door layouts of the different floors suggest to me varying sizes of condo units on the different floors. Why do you need an extra main entrance door?

Hi.

Question, is there 1 title deed or 2 to the condo you wish to buy? it is common for each "room" to be on it's own title deed, if there are 2 title deeds I don't think anyone can stop you inserting a door to that unit. But I would advise the Management of your intentions.

Good luck BW.