People talking in cinemas during movies - what to do?

Jayroo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch at home. You can hit the pause button when you need another beer or pee or both.....

Right ok, so your advice is to watch bad quality, cinema copied, pirated DVDs, great advice. lol This should go down as quote of the month.

acutally good quality dvd rips from torrents work nicely.

right, and how do you get around including the Thai subtitles? clap2.gif

• Like 1

seriously I would thank the person. cinemas went out with drive in movies. i cant belive they still exist. people really still go to movies? I cant believe it. with big screen tvs, computers and 10 million ways to watch any movie you could ever want to who on earth still goes to these relics called movie theaters. I'm baffled

Are you joking ? Huge difference watching something on the big screen and with the dolby sound. You will never duplicate that at home - big screen tv and home theater included. Not the same.

yeah that's too hard for Mr nana plaza, soi cowboy, Agogo lover to comprehend, since his idea of a normal night out is going bar hopping at Agogo bars.

People talking and checking their phones in cinemas drives me nuts.

As I think somebody mentioned previously this seems to be less of a problem with daytime showings. I always ask people politely to stop talking / playing with their phones (the lights distract me) and they always do.

Never needed to be rude / abusive or to ask more than once.

Exactly, I didn't even touch on this other very annoying habit that happens during screenings.

Watch at home. You can hit the pause button when you need another beer or pee or both.....

Right ok, so your advice is to watch bad quality, cinema copied, pirated DVDs, great advice. lol This should go down as quote of the month.

acutally good quality dvd rips from torrents work nicely.

a dvd rip is low quality by definition

a good 720 or 1080 bluray on the other hand....

my god so much pussyfooting ..people who talk during movies r just selfish cxxts i have a mate who can fart on command ...i kid u not ...in a situation where such bad manners r being displayed he just starts performing ..he clears the place ....unfortunately not the air in minutes

seriously I would thank the person. cinemas went out with drive in movies. i cant belive they still exist. people really still go to movies? I cant believe it. with big screen tvs, computers and 10 million ways to watch any movie you could ever want to who on earth still goes to these relics called movie theaters. I'm baffled

Are you joking ? Huge difference watching something on the big screen and with the dolby sound. You will never duplicate that at home - big screen tv and home theater included. Not the same.

yeah that's too hard for Mr nana plaza, soi cowboy, Agogo lover to comprehend, since his idea of a normal night out is going bar hopping at Agogo bars.

And usually much more enjoyable than watching the latest Hollywood blow everything up fiasco. Transformers anyone? Pity Thai cinemas tend to only put on low class explosive filled tat.

• Like 1

As a non-hermit, I'm not baffled. While the home-theatre setup has its benefits, one cannot beat the atmosphere of a decent cinema, minus the odd bogun in the crowd of course (which you just tell to be quiet). Never forget the time the missus told an arguing couple to be quiet or leave. They went quiet and left. wink.png

Edited by jackr

If I were in your situation I would .......... make up better stories ........ most everyone here has been to Thai movies a number of times

I've had similar experiences with both adult Thai films and farang ones. Some of the Thais just DO NOT understand to <deleted> during movies. The phone thing is also an issue, despite the adverts asking them not to.

If I see that stupid bengal tiger entering the elevator skit one more time it will be too many. Perhaps the Thais don't understand the meaning or purpose of that stupid skit that basically says "Theres a time to use your mobile and not". Maybe simple instruction in Thai before the movie, immediately before and after the Thai Anthem "Turn your F'n Mobile OFF" should suffice.

Also I know several torrent websites to download 720-1080 blueray high quality... ahh I love torrents.. and no Thai subs unless I want to go find them elsewhere