CO2 cartridge source in Thailand

notcloned

Do you know where I can mail order CO2 cartridges for emergency filling of bicycle tires. Chiang Mai? Bangkok?

I very frequently mail order my bicycle gear from Amazon.com in USA. However, cartridges can't be shipped via airplane! It' s a shame, as the prices for boxes of twelve CO2 16-gram cartridges is only about USD $10 to $20 (approx 300 to 600 Baht).

I already have a very nice inflator tool/gun which I ordered from Amazon.com, 2 years ago: Genuine Innovations Ultraflate Plus Tire Inflater

Ye, would love to know also where in Thailand I could buy these, I asked at my local bike shop in Nakhon Phanom but just got 'no have'.

Anybody know if some of the bigger bike shops in Bangkok have them ?

Regards

Ye, would love to know also where in Thailand I could buy these, I asked at my local bike shop in Nakhon Phanom but just got 'no have'.

Anybody know if some of the bigger bike shops in Bangkok have them ?

Regards

I wasn't looking for them, so I have no idea whether they were threaded or non-threaded, 12 or 16 gms, but I saw them in Jacky Bike in Chiang Mai the last time I was in there a few months ago. Pretty sure other shops in CM have them too. I bet they're not cheap though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this topic.

I just spent a few days in Khon Kaen and visited for the second time Carbontex Intertrade Co bike shop. The shop caters for very high end road bikes, Greg the owner is very very knowledgeable about road bikes and road scene he also speaks excellent English. He is willing to mail order around Thailand, and will use EMS for delivery for any purchases.

First time I visited a few years ago I wasn't looking for a co2 inflator and cartridges, this visit I was. I purchased from Greg a Lezyne twin co2 kit, which consists of the inflator, two co2 cartridges and two resin tyre levers, price was 500 baht. He also had spare co2 cartridges in the shop (birzman brand) for 60 baht each.

The shop is located at 88/6 Srijan Road, Muang, Khon Kaen. It is really close to the rear entrance to Tukcom if anybody knows Khon Kaen at all. If anybody requires his email or phone number PM myself and I will provide it.

I have no commercial interest in his business at all, just trying to pass on some hopefully usefull information.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...