Hotel close to Suvarnabhumi for 1 night

irishken

I'll be flying into Don Mueang at about 3 in the afternoon for 1 night stay in BKK before flying out of Suvarnabhumi the next day. Is there any nice inexpensive hotels around Suvarnabhumi and is there much in the way of markets or places to eat out.

Would i be best just to stay in the middle of BKK for the night as its pretty much in the middle of both airports ?

Cheers

Edited by Lite Beer

This spring I stayed at the Silver Gold Garden Suvarnabhumi Airport. It was a good clean room with good aircon. There was a restaurant next door, a market right across the street, and a 7-11 less than 100m away. Paid 790baht (total) for a Superior room with airport transfer and ABF. I would stay there again.

I've stayed at Silver Gold Garden many times, as well, and can recommend it. In addition to the mentioned 7-11 and night market, there is also a Tesco Lotus Express on the front street.

I can usually get a rate of B650 without breakfast using sawadee.com. Occasionally if it's a busy period and/or almost full, then a little higher.

Whatever hotel you choose, make sure they offer the free van in both directions. As mentioned Silver Gold Garden does. It's about a 5-10 minute drive.