Pawn Shops Etc

booma

a friend of mine was in similar situation in '04. I took him to a shop in Pantip plaza to see what kind of price we could get on his notebook. I was surprised when the guy offered him 26K for it. We left the store at which time I requested the guy to sell it to me for 1000 baht more, which he did. That notebook serves as my #2 computer to this day although the screen doesn't work, and hasn't since 2 months after I bought; nevertheless it serves me well with a monitor attatched

Edited by monochaser

a friend of mine was in similar situation in '04. I took him to a shop in Pantip plaza to see what kind of price we could get on his notebook. I was surprised when the guy offered him 26K for it. We left the store at which time I requested the guy to sell it to me for 1000 baht more, which he did. That notebook serves as my #2 computer to this day although the screen doesn't work, and hasn't since 2 months after I bought; nevertheless it serves me well with a monitor attatched

Why on earth didn't you give your "friend" the 27K to start with after a valuation? Seems a little strange to go to all that trouble :D He would have been a thousand baht better off too :o