Chinese visa photo size?

Hi I've been looking on a few websites as i m about to apply for a Chinese tourist visa (L visa) I'm British Living in Bangkok. Can someone tell me the size of the photo needed as I've been to 2 photo shops and one give me 2x2 , which seems to be for americans?

And the other is Thai size.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah I think I've just looked there requirements seems to be 48mm by 33 now....

But I'm having a hard time finding a photo shop that does UK size.

Does anyone know where I can get these sizes done in bangkok in a photo shop

Does not matter for you really just need to be a recent picture within last 3 months say and on a plain background and thats it.

Here in bkk I find normally 2 sizes on offer small small and big big. Never seem to find euro standard 4.5 x 3.5 and yet nearly all visa applications normally say 4.5cm x 3.5 cm.

But here is the answer as to why it does not matter too much on exact size as long as it is close.

When a picture is digitized on to a document like a passport then the size becomes important not so much the outside dimentions as long as it is close to the required but the dimentions of your face in respect to the size of the picture.

Thats important for the process. So as for the US they confirm that a picture of your face on 2x2" will give the desired results.

If you ever take a look at new passports you will see that the size of your picture is no longer the same. Blah blah......

I wont bore you anymore with the details.

So back to the visa, as a picture will not be included on your L visa the size is no longer so important to be exact. If its was to be included on your visa tgen the size would matter.

Just a question when you ask for your pictures to be taken do you ask for visa picture or passport picture??? Normally if ask for passport picture you end up with small small pics like the thai ones.

Hope this is of some help.

Just a mention I normally get my pics done in a small place in the home pro place near bts phelon chit on the suk road at intersection and there I get 4.5 by 3.5 cm ish..............

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank a lot mate... I live on sukhimvit. So will try and find this shop tomorrow

So I should ask for thai passport size?

Ones I where given 2x2 big.

And 4.5 by 6.5 cm

Thanks a lot for your time very helpful.

Your most welcome. If you still feel uncomfortable then just bring small and big. But you will be fine. Pic is only attached to you application and not digitized in to visa so its ok. Well with tge exception to fulk blown panaramic poster size pictures. Other thing you can do with the 2x2 pics is trim them down if you feel happier.

If you do go to the home pro place the guy speaks english and tell him its for visa and show or tell him the size you want.

Take the pictures and go for a coffee he will shout you over when they are done.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1