Advice\help:orphaned Puppies

Hi

Just been down my neighbourhood shop for my annual(hem!) bottle of Sang Som and found their beautiful black lab had died giving birth to 5 pups last night. In a moment of folly I have volunteered to try to save them.

What I know: Dogs cannot drink cows milk (pity-got lots) otherwise something called 'scowpers' happens so got formula off Internet leersomething.com - evap milk + water + egg yolk + mayonnaise! + yoghourt at 101F in babies bottle. Must be kept good warm and induced to crap by Application of warm damp cloth to backend! Any Further tips or advice would be most welcome!

Incidentally, I'm in Sarapee area Chiang Mai so if anyone nearby feels like sharing the responsibilities of canine parenthood PM me. 1 OK but FIVE!

Fosa

Edited by Fosa

- some dogs(and also cats) are lactose intolerant , hence when u feed with cow milk it induces those groups get diarrhea ,

if you cant find milk(dog formula) you can use infant milk powder fomula (for infant and child intolerant to cow's milk protien 'n lactose) but obviously dog's milk has higher level of protien than that fomula, u need to mixed it more concentrate

the position for feed pups and kitties is "sitting position" (different from baby)

Thanks Bambina!

They've been drinking well with that formula. I'll feed every 3 hours or when they start squeaking. Correct? Will post photo later. 2 grey 3 black 3male 2 female! Fosa

correct , atleast 5 times a day

heheh ..me and my soi dogs

post-19740-1145401637_thumb.jpg

post-19740-1145401674_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the tips and support elfe, Bambina and udon! Just given them a feed-yes it is nearly 3am- and 'massage' to 'poo' Success! Unfortunately the weakest one died yesterday evening- never was very strong and I'm worried about one of the others but 3 of them are pretty lusty and feeding well. If there's no improvement I will visit the vet this morning.

No photos yet yet as digital camera is on the blink- Miss Hi- Tech and I never did sleep in the same bed...!

Fosa

sorry to hear that one of them died, bringing up new borns is not easy and succeeds rarely...

best use an oily cloth to rub their bellies (baby oil), feed them slowly in the sitting position as bambina showed, so no liquid can get into their lungs - very dangerous because of lung infection. if some of the milk gets the wrong way, hold the puppy at their backlegs and head down and slap their sides gently so the lugs can get free of the water. keep them in a warm place, if necessary use a covered bulb to warm them. feed them every 3 hours at least. if one is weak try to rub its body gently between your hands to stir circulation and warm it.

it's hard work - good luck again :o