English Man Arrested After Allegedly Spraying Songkran Revelers With Harmful Chemicals Instead Of Water

Jai Dee

Well he was english. I heard this was happening on Khao San Road as well, the culprits beings farangs. I very much doubt it's acid, probaley yah hom or curry powder mixed with water. Still a stupid and malicious thing to do.
Chill out people... let's keep the discussion on-topic and leave personal insults out of the thread please.

:D

? :o

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he was english. I heard this was happening on Khao San Road as well, the culprits beings farangs. I very much doubt it's acid, probaley yah hom or curry powder mixed with water. Still a stupid and malicious thing to do.

Chill out people... let's keep the discussion on-topic and leave personal insults out of the thread please.

? :D

Does that emoticon mean you're annoyed because I missed a derogatory remark from someone in this thread and should have used my moderator's powers to delete it redrus? :o

We can't pick them all up all the time... we're spread fairly thin over all the posts on all the forums... that's why there's a report function that members can use if there's no mod about.

Most of the time the forum is self moderating... by the members themselves, and we don't have to get involved. We like it that way... and I'm sure most of the members do too. :D

? :D

Does that emoticon mean you're annoyed because I missed a derogatory remark from someone in this thread and should have used my moderator's powers to delete it redrus? :o

We can't pick them all up all the time... we're spread fairly thin over all the posts on all the forums... that's why there's a report function that members can use if there's no mod about.

Most of the time the forum is self moderating... by the members themselves, and we don't have to get involved. We like it that way... and I'm sure most of the members do too. :D

I was looking for a reply from Lamphun mate, already explianed my MOd feelings on another thread. Just used your quote for a bit more feelin....! :D

Don't think it was worth deleting Jai Dee, I can cope :D:D

redrus

I was looking for a reply from Lamphun mate, already explianed my MOd feelings on another thread. Just used your quote for a bit more feelin....! :D

Ahhh... just trolling huh? :D

Meeee,,, a Troll...! I ask ya....! :D

Baiting, maybe.... :o

redrus

*ps, Lamphun, I was on KSR for 2 days of SK (1st on Ko Tao) and never saw or heard anything about this.

Edited by redrus

Naka, you belong in the whiners thread.

Lets ban songrkan and replace it with a little boring festival where we trickle some water over the hands of a person....bring on another boring thai ceremony.

................................................................................

:o

Not sure if you are suggesting the egg came before the chicken or vice versa but just in case you are for the no brain brigade.........................................................................

Nawtilus. you are indeed spot on with your lattter comments and description of " Songkran "

It is observed many times and rightly so that, We are in Thailand. and TiT ect. ect.

This is a traditional Thai ceremony. not a Farang one.

There is no reference to water fighting on the scale that has become normal to replace this

event in any tourism guide ( on the scale ).

It is indeed referred to as a gentle event to pay respects to the elderly.

The " no brain p**** " who this post was started for is typical of many many others who are the cause of the mayhem that now substitutes this sacred event.

It is this group that consider a Songkran in it,s original form as boring.

Whiners are mostly people who at some time over the years have witnessed/experienced the idiots

who have built up this anti social side of things by unbelievable inconsideration.

If you want to have a new event to allow this interpretation why not talk to the TAT.

I,m sure they will listen to you all especially taking all the megabucks into account they would

generate from doing so.

Then we could arrange to either take part or stay away knowing the implications connected to it.

Along with it lasting a FULL day. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

From the safety aspect alone this must sound reasonable to say the least.

400 plus dead and thousands seriously injured in the name of sanuk/fun, I think not.

These people for the no brains have chipped away at those of us who used to enjoy a bit of fun until it has got completely out of hand.

Consequently it is not a day ( days ) everyone looks forward to any more.

Call me what you like , my backs big enough and i do not care a satang what you think so go ahead/forth and multiply.

I will not take offence of your comments as i can give and take, but let,s make them reasonable and relevant

though or i may get upset Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

marshbags :D:D:D

Edited by marshbags

egads ... even after it is over Marsha is still whining on about Songkran?

Things change hun .... strangely all over the country people in pick-ups throw water ... use squirtguns etc .... (including places that don't have farang cluttering things up ...)

But really ... the Thai people should change things back to a time before plastic and the internal combustion engine so some old farts can stay dry!

• 2 months later...
I just can't believe that someone would do this. A Tourist going to all the trouble of geting a battery, taking out the acid, filling up his gun with it and then spraying it at total strangers.

Just doesn't sound plausible.

:o

johnh101,

Three years ago, in Pattaya, I was sprayed with a watered down bleach solution. It trashed my shirt but didn't burn my skin. Yes, there are some tourists out there who do this.....

Any FACTS on where the offending gun was filled?

Loading up from a plastic container that had strong chemicals..and still held some residue in it...?

...and it's "find anything that will do" time!

All over Thailand you have "Pick up warfare!"

It can be quite competitive.

Any large (10-20 litre) container, with handle will be used.

It does seem a strange case to target two strangers.

When will someone import a water cannon!

Unimog would be a useful bit of kit.

All painted up.

It would certainly promote a bar etc. pretty well.

Might even get on National television.

Any FACTS on where the offending gun was filled?

Loading up from a plastic container that had strong chemicals..and still held some residue in it...?

...and it's "find anything that will do" time!

All over Thailand you have "Pick up warfare!"

It can be quite competitive.

Any large (10-20 litre) container, with handle will be used.

It does seem a strange case to target two strangers.

When will someone import a water cannon!

Unimog would be a useful bit of kit.

All painted up.

It would certainly promote a bar etc. pretty well.

Might even get on National television.

I think the idea of a contaminated tub is a particularly plausible one….lots of people jumping to conclusions but no FACTS!