Thai Man arrested in South Pattaya accused of providing minors to foreigners

webfact

Thai Man arrested in South Pattaya accused of providing minors to foreigners

cwd-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Over the weekend officers from the Child and Women Protection Unit which is a division of Region 2 Police, detained a 51 year old Thai man on the strength of an arrest warrant detailing allegations he provided minors to foreigners for sex.

Khun Rachan aged 51 was arrested in front of a house in Soi 10 off the South Pattaya Road on Saturday afternoon. Arrest Warrant number 436/2556 dated 25 June 2013 detailed allegations he provided children, mostly boys, under the age of 15, to foreigners patronizing bars in the Sunee Plaza area in South Pattaya.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/101131/thai-man-arrested-south-pattaya-accused-providing-minors-foreigners/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-02

and how is this news?

that it happens ( we all know it does)

or that he was arrested?

I hope you are joking!!

Even the Romans did it way back then, no joke. Nothing new here.

I'm no expert on archaic Roman law, but maybe it wasn't illegal at that place and time. In present day Thailand, such conduct is a crime and to most, immoral as well.

good catch ... hope he will remain in jail for long time .

Read this;

After investigation it has been found that Mr. Rachan had been arrested in the past on February 2, 2013 by the same police for charges on human trafficking he was later bailed. He is now again accused of providing boys, under the age of 15 to foreign patrons for the purpose of sexual services, in exchange for money. The suspect denied all allegations against himself.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/02/gay-king-providing-minor-boys-as-sex-workers/

TiT

good catch ... hope he will remain in jail for long time .

Read this;

After investigation it has been found that Mr. Rachan had been arrested in the past on February 2, 2013 by the same police for charges on human trafficking he was later bailed. He is now again accused of providing boys, under the age of 15 to foreign patrons for the purpose of sexual services, in exchange for money. The suspect denied all allegations against himself.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/02/gay-king-providing-minor-boys-as-sex-workers/

TiT

Bail is provided for under many national criminal justice systems. Unfortunately, some defendants re-offend while out on bail. There is no way to know beforehand who these people might be. Hopefully with such a record now established, bail will now be denied to this person.

still be interested to know why the Child and Women Protection Unit think it is ok for that crazy lady op soi 12 to give birth and bring up a baby on the beach footpath?

She gave birth on the footpath???????
she went into labor on the footpath, someone got her an ambulance, shes actually one of the biggest ladies on the beach so nobody realized she was pregnant, but the baby has lived its whole life on the beach so far apart from those first few days in the hospital

and how is this news?

or that he was arrested?

I hope you are joking!!

I'm no expert on archaic Roman law, but maybe it wasn't illegal at that place and time. In present day Thailand, such conduct is a crime and to most, immoral as well.

Please dont stop there concerning what is illegal and moral. Last I heard, prostitution in Thailand is also illegal. Picking illegal issues for public scrutiny is akin to scratching a mosquito bite. It feels good but doesn't address the root cause.

The moral issue question rests with what an individual and society thinks about a particular subject. I've not taken a poll, so I can't comment on what "most" think.

This man was arrested on a warrant and deserves a trial with representation by a lawyer. No more or less than you would want if accussed of any crime. It amazes me that posters call for various punishments on nothing more than a news article.

Think, think, think.

and how is this news?

or that he was arrested?

I hope you are joking!!

I think he is right, its known that Pattaya is a pedophile haven for the sick <deleted>**cks that do this sort of thing, it is probably "News" that he wqas arrested since most of the big boys are protected by the BIB............if they really want to report the "News" then report the trial .............and put the bastid in prison for a loong time, along with the [parents, brothers & sisters that provided their sone, daughters, siblings etc etc etc. I was approached in a 7/11 by a 25'ish guy, "hey, you wanna puk my sister?? 3,000 baht" I pulled out my phone and he ran away.facepalm.gif There's nothing wrong with Thailand, just 25% of the occupants are sicko's............and 30% of the visitors............

and how is this news?

or that he was arrested?

I hope you are joking!!

Please dont stop there concerning what is illegal and moral. Last I heard, prostitution in Thailand is also illegal. Picking illegal issues for public scrutiny is akin to scratching a mosquito bite. It feels good but doesn't address the root cause.

The moral issue question rests with what an individual and society thinks about a particular subject. I've not taken a poll, so I can't comment on what "most" think.

This man was arrested on a warrant and deserves a trial with representation by a lawyer. No more or less than you would want if accussed of any crime. It amazes me that posters call for various punishments on nothing more than a news article.

Think, think, think.

Re prostitution, it's a little more complicated. Pimping/pandering is illegal. However, voluntarily offering a payment/gratuity or some other gift of monetary value to someone for performance of a sex act is not. It is, however, illegal for anyone to demand a monetary payment for engaging in a sex act. So in hetero-normative commercial sex work, it's illegal for the girl to demand payment for sex but not for a man to pay her for it. Gotta love Thailand.

I find it interesting that you feel it necessary to poll before opining on the question of whether having sex with minors is a moral act...to each his own I guess.

Arresting this man is a positive step. It would be nice to arrest others as well who do this, as well as those that go to the other countries from Thailand and tell people they will provide their child a good life, but then put them in forced prostitution. There should be some legal consequence for parents who sell their children within Thailand too. . Horrible. Another problem with this is that not just in Thailand, but in other countries as well, people lure young people somewhere with false pretense such as fame and fortune, but then kidnap. This isn't always a result of parents selling their children. There really needs to be a crackdown on this.

• Like 1