Baby’s body found in Phuket garbage dump

webfact

Baby’s body found in Phuket garbage dump
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Staff of Karon Municipality were horrified yesterday (September 1), while sorting out trash, to find the tiny corpse of a baby.

In the early hours of the morning Pol Capt Channarong Prakhonggue of Karon Police received a report that the baby’s body had been found in the black plastic bag at Karon Municipality’s garbage separation centre.

The baby, a girl, is believed to have been dead about 24 hours. The baby was newborn; the umbilical cord was still attached. There were also signs of bruising on the body, which was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital for autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Police say they know who the mother of the baby is, but have revealed no details.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/baby%E2%80%99s-body-found-in-phuket-garbage-dump-41680.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-02

Baby’s body found at Phuket garbage depot
Phuket Gazette

ga.jpg
The baby’s body was found by municipality workers at the trash depot in Karon. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- The body of a dead baby girl was found yesterday at the Karon trash-separating facility.

Capt Channarong Prakongkua of the Karon Police told the Phuket Gazette, “One of the trash collectors said he was separating trash at the garbage depot at around 5:30pm, when he opened a plastic bag and found the tiny corpse.

“It was a baby girl with the umbilical cord still attached. It appears she had been dead for about 24 hours before her body – which weighed about 3 kilograms – was discovered.”

The body was sent to Vachira Phuket Hospital for a more thorough examination.

“We have yet to learn who the mother is. However, police are now searching for her,” Capt Channarong said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Baby-s-body-found-at-Phuket-garbage-depot-22139.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-09-02

Makes you wonder what mental problems the mother has. What an awful news report

Maybe some people doesn't have the means to support a child, or it could be because having a child is socially unacceptable - maybe a teenager.

No excuse to kill a new born child, though.

Edited by Zumteufel

Touche' A babies body was also found in a black plastic garbage bag with the umbilical cord still attached in Jersey City, New Jersey USA yesterday.

Unfortunately I don't see any escape or relief from this no matter how strong armed, controlling, threatening and manipulative a government is. The human animal instincts eventually find their way out.

What kind of life would these babies have had?

In Syria there are children as young as 5-6yo + being trained with automatic machine guns right as we speak. I'd gladly post a horrifying video but I think outside links are against "netiquette".

A program that allowed unwanted babies to be dropped off with no questions asked at Police Stations, Fire Station, Hospitals, and then put up for adoption, including international adoption would help.

RIP little one.

• Like 2

A program that allowed unwanted babies to be dropped off with no questions asked at Police Stations, Fire Station, Hospitals, and then put up for adoption, including international adoption would help.

That one as well as education, morning after pills, legalize abortion, free abortion clinics..

That one as well as education, morning after pills, legalize abortion, free abortion clinics..

Add child support laws and more kids would have a better chance. Although as we all know laws don't seem to work very well here, as they are rarely enforced.

Edited by Jimi007

Very very sad, my 6 month old daughter is the most amazing beautiful think that's ever happened to my wife and I. With respect to the mother I hope she gets the support she needs, in a better world she would have had that support from the father when her daughter was born.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Makes you wonder what mental problems the mother has. What an awful news report

Maybe some people doesn't have the means to support a child, or it could be because having a child is socially unacceptable - maybe a teenager.

No excuse to kill a new born child, though.

If alive and healthy, this is inexcusable - no baby is disposable. My wife and I would be happy to have another. I am certain there are many who want another child and cannot.

• Like 1