DIY make your own sausage stuffer!

kikoman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea, will try to make one. I will just have to be careful to make sure that I pick up the right gun when it becomes time to stuff the sausage. Otherwise I will end up with sausage skins stuffed wit acrylic compound!

• Like 1

Thanks to all, if anyone has an Idea how to improve the stuffer, post it.

If one has access to a welder, and can make a better tip, (Probably could be done with a soldering Iron)

That would produce a better end product.

Cheers:wai2.gif

It would be nice to get an alumimium or stainless steel cylinder and nozzle , im thinking grease gun here , or maybe steel plumbing to replace the PVC pipe . This is really going to get them down at the hardware store .

I thought about using the plumbing pipe, the pipe I had on hand was to small and the closes plumbing store is 55-60 kilometers away. If I can find a plumbing pipe of the right size, I could weld on the stuffing tube, I will look into it later this month on my monthly shopping trip to Nakhon Sawan.

post-91962-0-88590500-1378210075_thumb.j

The stuffer attachment is inexpensive and available in most larger towns and cities, at shops that sell street vendors appliances, I do not remember the price but it was not to much. If you download a copy of the picture and take it along with you, also need the model #, mine is a #10.

post-91962-0-67572200-1378211449_thumb.jpost-91962-0-39054500-1378211392_thumb.j

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

^^

The stuffer attachment is inexpensive and available in most larger towns and cities, at shops that sell street vendors appliances

yepp, my wife told me the same.

She will looking around today, so I can make my "German Bratwurst" etc. smile.png

post-158247-0-17270200-1378240456_thumb.

Edited by Turkleton

I have an almost identical meat grinder like this one (700 Baht at Makro)

attachicon.giffleischwolf.jpg

I think, it's time to tinker a sausage stuff adapter.

Shouldn't be rocket science..

The problem with using what is essentially a meat grinder for a sausage stuffer is that the meat then gets ground twice.

It tends to get too warm and becomes a bit of a mush. This then leads to dry sausages.

• Like 1

I have an almost identical meat grinder like this one (700 Baht at Makro)

attachicon.giffleischwolf.jpg

I think, it's time to tinker a sausage stuff adapter.

Shouldn't be rocket science..

The problem with using what is essentially a meat grinder for a sausage stuffer is that the meat then gets ground twice.

It tends to get too warm and becomes a bit of a mush. This then leads to dry sausages.

No brainer. Put the grinder in the freezer prior to grinding.

StefanBKK,

You can take the knife (Blade) out of the grinder, but you can not take out the grinding plate, as the inner shaft of the grinder must rest in the middle hole in the plate to work properly.

I purchased mine at Makro! in another thread Billd766 posted a picture of the casing package, it would be wise to download that picture and take it with you when you go to look for those casing

Cheers:wai2.gif .

Ok...at least I made my first sausages here in Thailand.

My wife, creative as she is, was able to get the "stuffing-adaptor" for my meat grinder..100 Baht biggrin.png

post-158247-0-93862900-1378298076_thumb.

I made two "seals" from an motocy inner tube.

I used the casings from Makro, even I find them a little bit too big in diameter (36mm), but they're selling only this size, so better than nothing

And here we go:

The sausages after stuffing:

post-158247-0-00249000-1378298727_thumb.

preserving them in hot water (with Knorr stock) 30min@75° degree CELSIUS. Don't boil them!

post-158247-0-40240300-1378298803_thumb.

The end product:

post-158247-0-86370200-1378298873_thumb.

• Like 2

Ok...at least I made my first sausages here in Thailand.

My wife, creative as she is, was able to get the "stuffing-adaptor" for my meat grinder..100 Baht biggrin.png

attachicon.gifUnbenannt.JPG

I made two "seals" from an motocy inner tube.

I used the casings from Makro, even I find them a little bit too big in diameter (36mm), but they're selling only this size, so better than nothing

And here we go:

The sausages after stuffing:

attachicon.gifIMG_0721.JPG

preserving them in hot water (with Knorr stock) 30min@75° degree CELSIUS. Don't boil them!

attachicon.gifIMG_0723.JPG

The end product:

attachicon.gifIMG_0726.JPG

They look good.

Can you post the recipe please?

They look good.

Can you post the recipe please?

Homemade German Sausage

1.0 kg pork belly,

1.0 kg of pork shoulder

2 egg whites, (or 100-150ml Soda water)

Spices per kg meat:

18 gram salt,

3 gram white pepper ,

2 gram nutmeg

2 gram Coriander seeds (which I don't like, so I didn't use it)

1-2 garlic clove (which I forgot for some reason..mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gif )

Grind the meat, add all the spices and Soda (or eggs) to it, than knead it thoroughly until it feels slightly sticky

This is very important for the consistency. (the Soda water also results in a better bond and replaces the eggs).

Fill the meat in the casings and than (alternatively) preserve the sausages in 75° CELSIUS hot water (with soup stock) for ~30 minutes. DO NOT BOILING!

If you don't intend to preserve them, you can reach a nice "red color" by replacing a part (or even all) of the salt, with curing salt.

• Like 1

Hello All, can you get spare grinding plates? My moms grinder had

several sizes of plates. If they sell extra plates, you could either drill

out the plate more as you won't be using the blade or you could make

a new plate with large openings so the meat flows throw.

rice555

post-37242-0-76225900-1378392838_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hello All, can you get spare grinding plates? My moms grinder had

several sizes of plates. If they sell extra plates, you could either drill

rice555

Spare blades and plates are £4.99 each for my grinder so I've picked up a couple to bring back with me. Plan is to make a plate with large openings out of stainless as suggested.

It is possible to sharpen the blade a couple of times by placing a sheet of fine grade emery cloth or some such on a flat surface and rubbing the blade back and forth for 10 minutes or so. It's not perfect but it does work.

If they sell extra plates, you could either drill

My thoughts too...

But as always in TH, nobody seems to be interested in selling spare or extension parts for such items...saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif

But I think, a (hard)plastic plate would be sufficient for just sausage stuffing.

Much easier to make. (Especially here )

I removed the steel plate before stuffing, wasn't perfect but worked.

Edited by Turkleton