Sending an International fax

cerbera

I use this Internet faxing service - Free to the USA for three pages or less daily - reasonable rates for International.

http://www.gotfreefax.com/

I had never heard of this service! Many thanks for sharing...

Just a word of caution.

If you are sending sensitive documents that can contribute to identity theft, I would research this company carefully since you are choosing to upload your documents to their site. If they want, they could easily store and read them.

The copy shop in the basement blue food court area of Kad Suan Kaew mall can send international faxes. Charge is 50 baht/min and believe me, the machine is slow. It takes about 1 minute to send a page of something like an IRS or VA form.

The copy shop is in the corner next to a restaurant, facing the beer dispensing area in the food court. At least there's always something interesting to watch in the crowd while you wait for the fax to be sent and you can hover over the machine to insure that every page is sent in the proper order.

I've always had problems with Buddy internet sending faxes. They don't seem to be received and the staff is uncooperative about giving you a receipt from the fax machine that shows the fax was received. Plus, they don't let me get close to the machine to see that they're sending everything properly. Perhaps it's because I seem to send faxes in the evening when Buddy's A-team has gone home and the night crew is clueless. The evening staff at the blue food court copy shop seems to know what they're doing, but they close at 9 pm.

I'd never upload free software to do this sensitive task. Too much risk about the information contained in the faxes and also risk in uploading a virus into my computer.

• Like 1

The copy shop in the basement blue food court area of Kad Suan Kaew mall can send international faxes. Charge is 50 baht/min and believe me, the machine is slow. It takes about 1 minute to send a page of something like an IRS or VA form.

The copy shop is in the corner next to a restaurant, facing the beer dispensing area in the food court. At least there's always something interesting to watch in the crowd while you wait for the fax to be sent and you can hover over the machine to insure that every page is sent in the proper order.

I've always had problems with Buddy internet sending faxes. They don't seem to be received and the staff is uncooperative about giving you a receipt from the fax machine that shows the fax was received. Plus, they don't let me get close to the machine to see that they're sending everything properly. Perhaps it's because I seem to send faxes in the evening when Buddy's A-team has gone home and the night crew is clueless. The evening staff at the blue food court copy shop seems to know what they're doing, but they close at 9 pm.

I'd never upload free software to do this sensitive task. Too much risk about the information contained in the faxes and also risk in uploading a virus into my computer.

Sent a FAX from Buddy's to Scotiabank, Toronto, last week. Two pages 100 Baht and I got a receipt with the OK result on. This was in the morning when the friendly and helpful guy was there.

It was convenient, only because I went to my Bangkok bank branch in KSK.

The Professional Internet Fax Service Popfax.com provides:
- local fax numbers in most of European countries and USA
- send and receive faxes from various internet-connected devices
- registered fax
- fax to email and email to fax
- mobile fax website and application
- online fax storage

- free fax reception and 0.05 Eur per page sent by fax, free trial
- fax tool integration, etc.