More than 10,000 diagnosed with dengue across the province

ChiangMaiMail

10,000 with Chiang Mai dengue fever

06N-Aug-29.jpg

More than 10,000 patients in the northern province of Chiang Mai have suffered dengue fever this year with eight fatalities from the virus, according to a top Public Health Ministry official.

Chiang Mai Public Health Office deputy director Dr Surasingha Wisarutrat said 10,017 persons have been diagnosed with dengue fever since January, with 9,320 of the afflicted being Thais while 697 were migrant workers from neighbouring countries.

Eight have died from the disease, he said, adding that the most affected was Mae Ai district, followed by Mae Taeng and Doi Tao districts.

Continued here:

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/Update2013-News/news_Aug6.shtml#hd8

[chiangmaimail][/chiangmaimail]

Edited by ChiangMaiMail

Had a few of the symptoms of Dengue although relatively mild so went for blood test just to check it out.

Fortunately turned out to be a standard viral infection.

The doctor that I saw said that in many of the hospitals around Chiangmai province up to 90 per cent of patients were suffering from Dengue!

Be careful.

Haven't been to a doctor but think I've got it. First thought it was food poisoning but soon realised something else was going on. Nasty stuff. Day 4

Go to the Dr.

Nasty stuff can kill you.

Take care.

I looked this up on the CDC website. It looks like all you can do is ride it out and get medical attention if there are any signs of bleeding ( gums, nose, GI ) so

treatment consists of the paliative - Tylenol instead of ASA or Ibuprofen, plenty of hydration, and bed rest. First time usually resolves without problems but it's a second infection that becomes problematic. I live down the street from Ram, and used to work as a Registered Nurse so I think I'll be OK.

Thanks for your concern.

With your background I would think you would like to know if you have it or not?

Particularly as recurrences tend to be much more serious.