How is your electric bill?

Manassas

Staying in the village with the in-laws. So we are using an extra fridge, TV, and running more fans. My mother-in-law was surprised when the electric bill shot up from B150 to B350.

That got me curious. After we are done remodeling we will have more appliances etc running more of the time. And of course running A/C in at least the bedroom on those warmer nights. So I'm wondering how high the electric bill can go when you are running TVs, computers, appliances and the dreaded A/C?

Cheers

If villagers can stay under 90 units per month on a five amp meter, then they don’t pay anything at all, is my understanding. So for them a couple hundred baht seems like a big deal.

Our monthly bill is in the four to five thousand range, but that is unusual where we live. Early on they sent some people around to see if there was something wrong with our wiring.laugh.png

mine is very high. but i won't tell you as you might have a heart attack.

p.s. use the search function. a dozen threads on "electricty bills/cost/consumption" exist.

We all know you have recreated your home planet and the energy used to recreate this is enourmous.

from wikipaedea.

Qo'noS is depicted as green when viewed from space. It includes a lone huge land mass with a vast ocean, a severely tilted axis that causes wild seasonal changes, a turbulent atmosphere and extremes of both warm and frigid weather.

how is the ocean going Naam.

Edited by harrry

Mine is 3000 with washing every day..electric cooking hot water, one small airconditioner running all the time, fridge and freezer, HEPA airfilter running constantly and oxygen concentrator running constantly.

I have 3 houses on one block with a total of 6 Aircons( at least one running most of the time) all have electric hot water,Big TV,s, washing machines, heaps of fans etc etc. The biggest bill I have ever recieved for all houses was 3600 baht. I average around 3000 baht a month per year. I think that is quite reasonable.

Mine is 3000 with washing every day..electric cooking hot water, one small airconditioner running all the time, fridge and freezer, HEPA airfilter running constantly and oxygen concentrator running constantly.

I have 3 houses on one block with a total of 6 Aircons( at least one running most of the time) all have electric hot water,Big TV,s, washing machines, heaps of fans etc etc. The biggest bill I have ever recieved for all houses was 3600 baht. I average around 3000 baht a month per year. I think that is quite reasonable.

that is cheap BG. We have 6 air cons which 2 are running every from 6.00pm till 10.00pm and only one from 10.00pm till 8.00am.We have larger tv's spa bath electric hot water storage unit, washing machine home theatre . We pay 7000 or more a month .

maybe it is more expensive down here.

If villagers can stay under 90 units per month on a five amp meter, then they don’t pay anything at all, is my understanding. So for them a couple hundred baht seems like a big deal.
Our monthly bill is in the four to five thousand range, but that is unusual where we live. Early on they sent some people around to see if there was something wrong with our wiring.laugh.png

As I understand it, as seniors the in-laws pay nothing if they stay under a certain kilowatt usage. They are shocked when they get any bill at all. So I will have to hide the bill from them once we get all the appliances running.

I'm a bit surprised at how many said they use hot water heaters. At this point I am only considering hot water for the showers and was leaning towards installing on-demand heaters (gas or electric) for the cool months. Cold water works the rest of the year.

We're having a bungalow in the Isaan, running: 1 large and one smaller refrigerator, 2 freezers, one chest and one with drawers. 5 ceiling fans (always one or 2 on), other fans, an electric oven, lots of down lights all over the place, 1 computer on 24/7/365. water heaters in the 2 bathrooms, 2 x 50" flat TVs and my last bill was about 3'200 Baht. Quite fair compared to Europe.

I must say that we used Ytong stones as building materials and the whole ceiling is insulated with a 15 cm layer.

My bill is 1500 to 2000 with little to no air con.

That makes me feel very good. My Thai lady sleeps with the aircon on all night and sometimes during the day. We run an electric heated shower, a fridge, a CRT tv that always seems to be on in my granddaughter's room and cook with electric half the time too. And we get away with around 1000 - 1300 baht/month. I thought that was rather a lot. I clearly don't now!

• Like 1

Smaller house, one small Aircon, 2 fridge, hot shower, water pump, light some places overnight on, hot month, 1.200 - 1.800 Baht p month.

Bigger house, one big Aircon, 2 fridge, hot shower, water pump, some places light overnight on, hot month, 1.800 - 2.800 Baht p month.

• 2 weeks later...

Living with a village next near Chiang Khong.

฿230 for the rustic raised 'garden house' where Thai Father lives (Sat TV, lighted chicken pens, pumped well water)
฿1,000 for our cement-floor 3-bedroom house (2 Sat TVs, a few Internet connected gadgets, 18 fluorescents, 3 fans (mine running constantly), 2 instant-on water heated showers, washing machine, well water pump, 3 refrigerators, rice warmer... oh, almost forgot the frog pens

and I swear the bill went up when we rewired the house and I made them bond the neutral to ground,

Interestingly, when I rented a two-story house along the Mekong in Chiang Khong, the electric was ฿300 for two people.

-- and after posting this, I may have to acquire theft insurance

Edited by RichCor

2 months ago our electric bill was 730 baht, wife yak yak yak , why you waste electric? What i only use the same every month. Now she sees a light on , she closes it, me in the bathroom she closes the light , !!you not need light!!

Bought a washing machine , she still washes by hand save electric she says.When you in england electric 2/300 baht now 700 yak yak yak.

• Like 1

2 months ago our electric bill was 730 baht, wife yak yak yak , why you waste electric? What i only use the same every month. Now she sees a light on , she closes it, me in the bathroom she closes the light , !!you not need light!!

Bought a washing machine , she still washes by hand save electric she says.When you in england electric 2/300 baht now 700 yak yak yak.

why you comprain? good wife safe money you too mutt!

• Like 1

New house (about 94 square meters): refer on all the time, as is an aerator pump for the septic system...at least one ceiling fan on in at least one room throughout the day...the one over the bed in the MBR, on all night (with the exception of about a week or two in January)...3 gate lights on a timer (4 hours per night)...well pump usage...shower heater as needed....exhaust fans on in the morning for an hour or so....washing machine used a couple of times per week....electric water pot for coffee....electric oven that gets used once or twice a week for an hour or two (sometimes, not at all)...TV, sat box and occasional VCR movie...and all the night time lighting that is needed...comes to around....less than 800 Baht per month. I had two rooms wired for AC, but have yet to install any, seems as though the fans are more than adequate (okay...there is a week to a week and a half I wished I had the AC installed, but other than that....). Compared to anywhere from $50 USD (the very cheapest I ever got) to well over $300/month back stateside. But then...everything there, is a racket. pg

We recently had the main connection rewired and I'm waiting to see what the next bill will be.

I was told that there had been considerable loss of power and the new bill would reflect this.

I'm just so excited I can hardly wait.... thumbsup.gif

The bill just arrived, it's 700B lower than the monthly average before the connection was fixed.

I worked out they owe me nearly 70,000 over the last 8 or 9 years.

Ordered the Mrs to go down and collect it off them.

She said she'll think about it.... whistling.gif

• Like 1

300 sqm condo, 1 big fridge/freezer, washing, running almost daily, dryer, lots of downlights, evenso some changed to led, home theater, 6 AC, 2 running all night, 1 other running a few hours in the evening, 2 living room AC 1h a day, huge AC's, much too big, several laptops, FANs used during the day, electricity usually 1800 kwh to ca. 2,100 kwh, cost mostly 9,000 to 11,000 Baht/month, even when we are away 3 weeks it never drops below 4-5,000 Baht, something must be wrong, right?

300 sqm condo, 1 big fridge/freezer, washing, running almost daily, dryer, lots of downlights, evenso some changed to led, home theater, 6 AC, 2 running all night, 1 other running a few hours in the evening, 2 living room AC 1h a day, huge AC's, much too big, several laptops, FANs used during the day, electricity usually 1800 kwh to ca. 2,100 kwh, cost mostly 9,000 to 11,000 Baht/month, even when we are away 3 weeks it never drops below 4-5,000 Baht, something must be wrong, right?

I doubt anything is wrong. We have a 350 sq/m house with a pool and similar to you with A/C and other things. Our bill is usually around 8500 - 9500 a Month. Higher if someone is staying in the guest house.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you are away for three weeks and turn off everything except maybe the fridge/freezer I can't imagine why your bill would still be 4 to 5 k baht....something doesn't sound right.

• Like 2