Lao khao content !

kirstymelb101

Hey, guys !

I'll keep this post short and sweet.

Since starting my diet a few weeks ago, I've been checking the nutrition content of everything I consume.

I did some research and couldn't find the content of what's in 'Lao Khao' (Thai white whiskey).

I barely drink it ever, but had a few shots with my uncle on the weekend.

I'm just curious that's all smile.png

Edited by kirstymelb101

It contains absolutly everything you need - for the rest of your life - if you prefere a short life.

Bottoms up - chock dee

My uncle loves the stuff . He has a 1 shot every morning before work, and has been for years. Surprisingly he looks quite young for his age. I tell him everyday to cut down on his alcohol consumption. I guess 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks'.

Edited by kirstymelb101
  • Like 1

I used to drink a lot of yaa dong...I know with that, you have to be careful, and it's better if you know (and trust) the person who produces it...since some unscrupulous producers will "cut it" with things like insecticide (yes, you read that right) to give it more of a "kick" (get you drunk faster)...I would imagine that's a danger with lao khao as well.

Granted, this is much more of a danger in countries like India and Cambodia, where hundreds of people go blind and die each year due to insecticide and other things being added to home-brewed alcohol...but it does happen in Thailand as well. Once I had two shots of yaa dong that had something "not good" added to it, and I had a horrible headache and couldn't get out of bed for over a day...and this from someone who would regularly drink an entire baeng of yaa dong (the good stuff) in the course of an evening...

I used to drink a lot of yaa dong...I know with that, you have to be careful, and it's better if you know (and trust) the person who produces it...since some unscrupulous producers will "cut it" with things like insecticide (yes, you read that right) to give it more of a "kick" (get you drunk faster)...I would imagine that's a danger with lao khao as well.

Granted, this is much more of a danger in countries like India and Cambodia, where hundreds of people go blind and die each year due to insecticide and other things being added to home-brewed alcohol...but it does happen in Thailand as well. Once I had two shots of yaa dong that had something "not good" added to it, and I had a horrible headache and couldn't get out of bed for over a day...and this from someone who would regularly drink an entire baeng of yaa dong (the good stuff) in the course of an evening...

At least Lao Khao is bottled so reliable in that respect.

The latest trend, at least in my village, is to mix it with red Fanta.

I would say neither of them are part of any diet to lose weight.

Edited by Bpuumike

At least Lao Khao is bottled so reliable in that respect.

The latest trend, at least in my village, is to mix it with red Fanta.

I would say neither of them are part of any diet to lose weight.

Red Fanta! That sounds delicious. I'll have to try it sometime!

Well, a better substitute than beer at least (I think).