Section For Eastern Seaboard?

wilko

How about some honesty on the internet.

The name of the Pattaya Forum should be changed to ----

SIN CITY Forum

:D:D:D I like it.

But if we really want honesty, how about:

LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST WHINGEING, "HOLIER THAN THOU" POST Forum

So very true Mobi. Come on down Mr. Lamphun and join the "BAD BOYS"....you know what the T-Shirts say? "Good Boys Go To Heaven, Bad Boys Go To Pattaya". That's an idea, we can call it the BAD BOY FORUM.........but BKK90210 will have to contribute as a Country Member. :o

I for one would like to have a new board beside Pattaya and got sooo annoyed of others associating expats around Pattaya as being the same as in Pattaya :o

It likes this...

When you talk bad thing about Phuket. The expats there would say "Oh Phuket is not just Patong beach...there're a greater Phuket also"

But when it's their turn to talk about Pattaya.....they think only how bad Pattaya is but not how wonderful the greater Pattaya areas can be.

I'm really confused with this posting and I'm still trying to work out what he actually means. On the face of it, it is a derogatory posting and I would like to hear his explanation also...but I doubt if he'll reply to the challenges given out already by Mobi, Dave and Noel.

Come on BKK90210, enlighten us Pattaya expats (city dwellers and suburb wallahs alike).

Perhaps he has OD'd on Valium in an effort to get over his butterflies, the poor insecure little chap, and is currently unable to respond:

Just a question to help me prepare myself for the evitable up coming journey for the next stage of my life.

How did you all feel.....when you first moved to Thailand?

My gooosh I just can’t believe I’m here!

Or…..Nervous?....

Or…..ever asking yourself…”Did I make the right decision moving here?”

Or…..Well I’m here….now what next?

How did you overcome those butterfly feelings?

Yes, he is clearly the seasoned expat with a wealth of experience to share... :D

Yes... but don't you see Artisan? Everyone wants to feel part of it - makes them feel warm and cosy if they see their little piece of Pattaya up there in the heading. :D

I reckon Pong should be included, or maybe Pong residents (about 6 at last count) could have their own thread and we could talk about events at Wat Pong and the level of water at Lake Mabprachan to our hearts content. :D

Good morning Mobi!!......Wow, now that would be an exclusive Forum. I can see it now "Pong Forum".... and then maybe some sub-forums e.g. Central Pong, Northern Pong, Eastern Pong, Southern Pong and I mustn't forget Western Pong. :D You can have one forum per resident :D

I live at Maprachan, but in Tambol Nongprue....which forum can I address to in the future? Is it further legimate to discuss moderating issues at the Terrace Bar? :o

I allso saw in another thread that the pissups will be localized...does getting sloshed at home count as the inofficial Maprachan/Nongprue pissup?

Thanks for advise....

Noel, Mobi and Dave..Check this out. This guy should start his own Blog.....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=721524

But, the best of luck to him in the end. We all had to start somewhere and with many unknowns and I hope that he and his wife find what they are looking for.

I fully concur with your closing sentiments, Artisan. :o

Having checked out the above link, it is clear that BKK90210 needs our support; there is clearly no place for expressions of floor-pounding mirth in this thread as regards BKK90210's past protestations and of course his recent lemming leap.

That said, having read back some of his pontificating Pattaya put down prose, it is not that easy.

I will. however, try my damnedest to suppress what I really thi… :D:D:D

Oops!

Edit: Go easy boys, that was my post #666... :D

Edited by Noel

Yes... but don't you see Artisan? Everyone wants to feel part of it - makes them feel warm and cosy if they see their little piece of Pattaya up there in the heading. :D

I reckon Pong should be included, or maybe Pong residents (about 6 at last count) could have their own thread and we could talk about events at Wat Pong and the level of water at Lake Mabprachan to our hearts content. :D

Good morning Mobi!!......Wow, now that would be an exclusive Forum. I can see it now "Pong Forum".... and then maybe some sub-forums e.g. Central Pong, Northern Pong, Eastern Pong, Southern Pong and I mustn't forget Western Pong. :D You can have one forum per resident :D

You can almost Smell a Whiff of excitement as each Pong goes into bat and Pings away desperately trying to beat each other to get to the sanity of Bedlam. :o

Might it not be a good idea to change the name of this forum to "Pattaya and the Eastern Seaboard" or something like that?...

That name gets my vote as I live in Sri Racha. :o

I live at Maprachan, but in Tambol Nongprue....which forum can I address to in the future? Is it further legimate to discuss moderating issues at the Terrace Bar? :o

I allso saw in another thread that the pissups will be localized...does getting sloshed at home count as the inofficial Maprachan/Nongprue pissup?

Thanks for advise....

Well I suppose we could make you an honorary member of the Pong, southern area, sub -district 2, incorporating Soi TOA and Soi Banglamung Cable sign (blue one only), forum.

But unfortunately, I regret to advise you that the Terrace bar is out of bounds, infra dig, and alltogether too low-life an establishment (having recently failed the BKK290210 "nobs, toffs or willy wonkers?" test).

Moderating issiues can only be discussed with the over-aged, thick thai'd, belligerent ladies at the Fisherman's Friend, and their decision is always final.

Let me know by return 'lost Baht Bus' if you wish to proceed with your application. (deposit refunds to bar girls only).

:D

I live at Maprachan, but in Tambol Nongprue....which forum can I address to in the future? Is it further legimate to discuss moderating issues at the Terrace Bar? :D

Thanks for advise....

Well I suppose we could make you an honorary member of the Pong, southern area, sub -district 2, incorporating Soi TOA and Soi Banglamung Cable sign (blue one only), forum.

But unfortunately, I regret to advise you that the Terrace bar is out of bounds, infra dig, and alltogether too low-life an establishment (having recently failed the BKK290210 "nobs, toffs or willy wonkers?" test).

Moderating issiues can only be discussed with the over-aged, thick thai'd, belligerent ladies at the Fisherman's Friend, and their decision is always final.

Let me know by return 'lost Baht Bus' if you wish to proceed with your application. (deposit refunds to bar girls only).

:D

Well thank goodness that there`s still some sanity left around the place....I thought for a minute that everybody was going to be allowed into the Terrace Bar :o

Yes, but there are not many farangs who live on the Eastern Seaboard

outside Pattaya/Jomtien, perhaps 1:1000.

Oops, forgot SRJ ... solly John. :o

Naka.

mai pen rai..... I thank goodness there's a 35 Km DMZ......

post-9005-1145545676.gif

But Sri Racha is only 25km from Pattaya?

While you all were chatting away over there I had to eat and sleep too……time zone diff.

Ok I’m back…..and no problem I will enlighten what I had said….

First: It was not meant to be a derogatory posting comments, and I doubt the need to reply to the challenges given out already by Mobi, Dave and Noel or Artisan….

This’s what I said earlier

“I for one would like to have a new board beside Pattaya and got sooo annoyed of others associating expats around Pattaya as being the same as in Pattaya”

If you read it carefully, you will see that I was not comparing the expats around Pattaya VS the expats inside Pattaya as being better.

But I was talking about how others/outsiders’re comparing expats who are making a home around Pattaya being the same type as the farangs inside the Pattaya city itself – which most of them are sex tourists. And I’m too got sick and tired of this perception very much. Because of all those negatives news coming out from the city so often, I guess.

Any more questions?

But I was talking about how others/outsiders’re comparing expats who are making a home around Pattaya being the same type as the farangs inside the Pattaya city itself – which most of them are sex tourists.

:D:D:D

Heaps to still learn I'm afraid lads..... :o

Naka.

post-9005-1145545676.gif

from front door to Blues Factory = 35 Klicks.... :D

I was talking about how others/outsiders’re comparing expats who are making a home around Pattaya being the same type as the farangs inside the Pattaya city itself – which most of them are sex tourists.

Any more questions?

Yes.....

Q1 Why do you refer to those "making a home around Pattaya" as being expats whereas those inside Pattaya City are "farangs".

Q2 Why do you say that most of these latter type are sex tourists?

Q3 Are you familiar with the word "prig"? If not, you should be. Look it up.

BKK90210, I hope that you can climb that learning curve when you eventually get here because it's going to be a very steep one for you. Also, I hope that you'll be able to find some friends who can help you along the way...refer to Q3.

Naka.

post-9005-1145545676.gif

from front door to Blues Factory = 35 Klicks.... :D

from Dolphin roundabout to Pha Daeng 26km....

I reckon that puts most of north and central Pattaya within your DMZ!...and Soutern Sri Racha!

However I still think that the forum does include a large number of people outside Pattaya e.g. between Chonburi and Cambodia.

Can anyone suggest a name? (If you're going to be humourous, try to actually be so)....

I would suggest "Pattaya and the Eastern Seaboard"

....But I was talking about how others/outsiders’re comparing expats who are making a home around Pattaya being the same type as the farangs inside the Pattaya city itself – which most of them are sex tourists. And I’m too got sick and tired of this perception very much....

Hm.... Seems like we might have a problem of communication here. Maybe two nations separated by a common language; or is it a Yank separated from reality by his built in prejudices?...

I've just had a wonderful, brilliant, simply sensational idea :D

Why don't we call the forum......

the.................PATTAYA FORUM

What do you think? Any chance of getting the majority vote? :o

....But I was talking about how others/outsiders’re comparing expats who are making a home around Pattaya being the same type as the farangs inside the Pattaya city itself – which most of them are sex tourists. And I’m too got sick and tired of this perception very much....

Hm.... Seems like we might have a problem of communication here. Maybe two nations separated by a common language; or is it a Yank separated from reality by his built in prejudices?...

I've just had a wonderful, brilliant, simply sensational idea :D

Why don't we call the forum......

the.................PATTAYA FORUM

What do you think? Any chance of getting the majority vote? :o

I'll vote for that......but does that make me a symbol of disgrace and infamy?....a sex tourist maybe?

While you all were chatting away over there I had to eat and sleep too……time zone diff.

Ok I’m back…..and no problem I will enlighten what I had said….

First: It was not meant to be a derogatory posting comments, and I doubt the need to reply to the challenges given out already by Mobi, Dave and Noel or Artisan….

This’s what I said earlier

“I for one would like to have a new board beside Pattaya and got sooo annoyed of others associating expats around Pattaya as being the same as in Pattaya”

If you read it carefully, you will see that I was not comparing the expats around Pattaya VS the expats inside Pattaya as being better.

But I was talking about how others/outsiders’re comparing expats who are making a home around Pattaya being the same type as the farangs inside the Pattaya city itself – which most of them are sex tourists. And I’m too got sick and tired of this perception very much. Because of all those negatives news coming out from the city so often, I guess.

Any more questions?

Indeed yes.

Are you not aware that members can only attempt to understand what you are saying from reading your written words?

If those words differ from what you are actually thinking, then you are bound to be misunderstood (or should that be caught out…?).

However carefully one reads your original words, the only conclusion that can be drawn is that you were comparing expat’s who are in Pattaya to those around Pattaya.

You now refer to “farangs inside the Pattaya city itself” and apply your bigoted broad brush to them with your supercilious sex tourist slur.

As you do not specifically exclude expat’s from your “farangs” category, one can only assume they are included and labelled accordingly.

In an effort to be conciliatory, may I suggest that perhaps it is simply the case that you are not the brightest bulb in the chandelier and are lexically challenged? :o

Naka.

post-9005-1145545676.gif

the way back is usually longer due to impared driving abilities...