Authorities plan turning Bangkok's Klong Prem prison into transport hub

webfact

So BKK is to get another 45 billion spent on it.

Seems the rural areas have enough already, plenty of good schools and access to health care.

Doesn't really matter because they will vote PT anyway, well possibly not for long, what with the rubber farmers unhappy and I see the palm oil farmers have joined in and just today that rice farmers saying they are not happy with the latest cuts.

Just a thought, how far would 45 billion go to preventing the trains from falling off the tracks?

• Like 1

I could have sworn this was going to be a 'Not The Nation' article. Seems that once again reality is stranger than fiction,

I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I saw how little of the area was going to be transportation. Not that it matters the politicians will call it any thing they want as they grab their 30%.

just get on with it and build the station and depot instead of wasting public money on more shopping malls, serviced apartments etc.bloody scandalous.

facepalm.gif I didnt know Governments built Department stores and Shopping malls

They do here! Its more fun than building universities and schools.

Or training teachers.

Don't want the general population to get to smart. Not enough red shirts to control that many people. Who knows some of them might learn something also.

• Like 1

And the prisoners................?

Good old Kittirat - hub of half-cocked schemes.

I thought for a moment that he was suggesting moving Morchit bus station to Klong Prem. They haven't yet come up with a new location for Morchit but I'm sure it will be just as inaccessible to overhead or underground trains.

People who have nothing to say except insults should crawl under the slimy rock from whence they came.

Nobody force you to read it, by the way, where is your slimy rock?

It's better to moved out existing location example the government office in Cheng Wattana was very disaster as the way to go only Vipahwadi road where the traffic cannot handle thousands of cars daily not talking about after rain you can stuck in hours.

National lottery building moved from Rajadamri to Sanambin Nam where other disaster where cars are parking on the road side cause only one lane and now another new project the place will be haunted as death penalty in the prison. hte main problems is the shopping mall nearby where cars moving in and out causing the Namwong wan road jammed.

Edited by Bkungbank

It is expected that within one year of opening there will be more hub caps here than anywhere else in the world which is bound to attract thousands of "hub" afficienados who will want to see the museum and walk lazily down Hub Street which will be based on Walking Street with lots of Michelin girls scantily glad in tyres who stroll past offering to give you 30 psi for a considerationgiggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif alt=giggle.gif width=20 height=25>

And they can have a Huburger while they are admiring the hub caps. And they are now officially the "ris" capital as in "hubris."

It's better to moved out existing location example the government office in Cheng Wattana was very disaster as the way to go only Vipahwadi road where the traffic cannot handle thousands of cars daily not talking about after rain you can stuck in hours.

National lottery building moved from Rajadamri to Sanambin Nam where other disaster where cars are parking on the road side cause only one lane and now another new project the place will be haunted as death penalty in the prison. hte main problems is the shopping mall nearby where cars moving in and out causing the Namwong wan road jammed.

Glad you mentioned that. I had another look at the map and there is no provision for parking in this so called transportation hub which is in reality just another part of Bangkok. Homes, business, shopping mall and hotel.

Just what every efficient transportation Hub needs.

• Like 1

First, thanks for the fix; 'hub' I was withdrawing for 'hub' so bad I thought I might need some anti-hub methadone!

You all remember Chalerm's son is an advisor for the transport dept? Just say his name and you can't help but imagine every 'project' transport-related must reek of graft and theft.

• Like 1

And the prisoners................?

Good old Kittirat - hub of half-cocked schemes.

I thought for a moment that he was suggesting moving Morchit bus station to Klong Prem. They haven't yet come up with a new location for Morchit but I'm sure it will be just as inaccessible to overhead or underground trains.

People who have nothing to say except insults should crawl under the slimy rock from whence they came.

You should be embarrassed defending this nonsense.