Rome total War 2

ExpatJ

this was released yesterday- anyone tried it yet? got pretty poor reviews- which seems to be standard for this game , they always release early and then patch it to greatness.

Im excited anyway - just waiting for a new gaming computer and i have been reading up on roman history in the mean time. I'm having a bit of a Geekgasm.

Where are the bad reviews? All I've seen is people rave about it.

And for good reason, it's epic on so many levels! From the banter between soldiers when idle to the catapult battle cam, I love it, love it, love it!

The AI is better too.

I've got about 20 hours in it already.

Where are the bad reviews? All I've seen is people rave about it.

And for good reason, it's epic on so many levels! From the banter between soldiers when idle to the catapult battle cam, I love it, love it, love it!

The AI is better too.

I've got about 20 hours in it already.

Thats good to hear. What difficulty are u playing at? Normally im 'normal' but for this i heard you have to play 'hard' or above to get a challenge on the campaign map?

I play on Legendary, and the challenge is good.

I like the AI: it actually sets up to block streets, choke points etc. Yes, it's still AI and feel dirty losing, but much improvement IMO. It doesn't feel like say Deity in Civ, where you are penalised, but I haven't read up on the difficulties.

The new line of sight engine is the stand-out for me. Great opportunities for baiting, setting up hammer and anvil moves etc.

Hi All,

I've been getting every Total War game since the original Shogun. After reading the first reviews I though I might finally skip Rome 2, but I've got an inkling I'm going to give in and get it sometime next week. I'll definitely be in for some multiplayer once I'm done with the main campaign.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice.

I didn't know II was out. I was playing rome total war, shogun II and medieval II in the last 2 months. i'm not sure which one I like the best.

I have so many indie games to work though. Steam can be a pain in the butt. smile.png

I've yet to buy civ 5. I'm still having fun with IV.

Edited by itsadryheat

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I've taken a break from civ 5 and have been going hard on Rome2 for the past couple of weeks. Awesome game!! A couple of minor bugs which are annoying (although the patch yesterday seems to have fixed most of them *touchwood* although rain during a battle still slows my PC to a crawl).

The improvements to the AI in the latest patch make it a bit more challenging too, although the AI still bugs out occasionally and gets confused about what they're doing. The AI still has no idea how to effectively assault a capital city's gate though lol, coming up only 3 units at a time to get torn up by the towers lol.

Still so much fun though! :)

• 2 months later...