Where is everyone going around 11pm Sunday night?

RaysFan

My first football season in Thailand. Usually as an expat Ive just streamed all the football games every season. But for the season openers I kind of feel like going out. Is there like an NFL package here like in the states? Will any bar be showing EVERY game? I would like to watch the Tampa game but I highly doubt anyone will show it if they only offer 1 game.

Side note....

Who will be showing the Bronco/Ravens game at 7am (correct?) Friday morning?

Oh my goodness! I thought I was missing something important.

I assume from the strange names and the use of the word 'football' that this must have something to do with a minority happening revolving around a thing occassionally referred to as 'American Football'. Would that be correct?

giggle.gif

you are correct, the op is not asking about soccer matches.

• Like 1

I assume from the strange names and the use of the word 'football' that this must have something to do with a minority happening revolving around a thing occassionally referred to as 'American Football'. Would that be correct?

giggle.gif

Once again the veiled ant-Americans raise their ugly heads, The name of the game you refer to is not football, it is Association Football, from which the word Soccer comes from made by an Englishman not an American. So your sarcasm is offensive and well just wrong and uneducated.

• Like 1

giggle.gif

Once again the veiled ant-Americans raise their ugly heads, The name of the game you refer to is not football, it is Association Football, from which the word Soccer comes from made by an Englishman not an American. So your sarcasm is offensive and well just wrong and uneducated.

Oh dear, there could only be one nationality that would take offence to the above post. What is it with some of you guys, are you really that devoid of humour? Very strange.

Anyway, op, suggest heading to the Saloon II on Thanon Ratwithi, which has a yanky owner and lots of screens for sports.

• Like 1

another totally bull shit kenny thread, he really has the touch

I get confused on here sometime. I guess I don't know the full history of this Kenny. But it seems to me a guy is asking about where to see American football games. Am I missing something? Why the harshness?

• Like 2

As I found out last year, most of the NFL games happen when everyone is still asleep in Thailand. The Mad Dog bar and restaurant opens about 8 AM and sometimes have the evening NFL games on television. Other than that you would have to sign up with your own television contract.

• Like 1

Saan - Scots 'wear' haggis?? Really?! Where ?

But on the subject of 'two countries divided by a common language' anyone else need english sub-titles to understand american movies-or should I get my hearing checked??

Edited by beau thai

But on the subject of 'two countries divided by a common language' anyone else need english sub-titles to understand american movies-or should I get my hearing checked??

They probably do wear haggis for all I know. They might tell their wives it wasn't cooked properly and then they would certainly 'wear' it.

But for all you pedants out there I dropped the word eat in reference to the haggis.

P.S. I quite like haggis. I don't suppose you can get one in Thailand as it would go well on a Robbie Burns' night.

I think this topic is pretty legit. Anyways first game is tomorrow at 7am. Is there anyplace opening up to show this game?

Sent from my GT-I9500

Years ago when I rented an apartment in Chiang mai and wanted to get my "gridiron" fix on I would just ask a proprietor of a bar I liked (farang run) if he would mind opening up early for me and a couple of friends to watch the game, they were always happy to do so if they had the correct satellite feed, maybe worth a try.

giggle.gif

Lighten up mjsansai no one is having a go at Americans it is just called banter. I will tease a pommy mate, and my missus as it happens, about their game (soccer) where they can run around all afternoon and the score is zero-zero. Then it's his turn to give buggery about the performance of the Australian cricket team. Then we might discuss the fact that American football, or should I call it gridiron, takes 3 hours to play 1 hour of football. There is nothing anti-British, anti-Australian or most particularly anti-American about the exercise. It is just a bit of fun. Oh, and the Scots. I would never mention that they wear skirts and haggis. Like blood hell I wouldn't.

I was not directly getting at Soccer v Football et al but at the heading which I thought was somewhat OTT and cast it's own ridicule on the subject!

I'll be watching the Michigan, Notre Dame game Sunday morning live stream on my computer in the comfort of my man cave out in the sticks of Lampang province. GO IRISH!!!!!!!!

I was going to poke fun at Notre Dame losing, but my beloved Longhorns gave up 550 yards of RUSHING, while getting blown out by un-ranked BYU. sad.png

Anyway, back on topic, I believe the owner of CM Saloon 2 is actually Canadian?

Ron, a fellow Texan, will sometimes have the games on at CM Saloon on Loi Kroh, but they stay open late, so you'd likely see the first half of the game at most.

-Mestizo

giggle.gif

Lighten up mjsansai no one is having a go at Americans it is just called banter. I will tease a pommy mate, and my missus as it happens, about their game (soccer) where they can run around all afternoon and the score is zero-zero. Then it's his turn to give buggery about the performance of the Australian cricket team. Then we might discuss the fact that American football, or should I call it gridiron, takes 3 hours to play 1 hour of football. There is nothing anti-British, anti-Australian or most particularly anti-American about the exercise. It is just a bit of fun. Oh, and the Scots. I would never mention that they wear skirts and haggis. Like blood hell I wouldn't.

I am a Scot, just leave the Americans alone also the Aussies call Association Football Soccer, Up Hearts

They probably do wear haggis for all I know. They might tell their wives it wasn't cooked properly and then they would certainly 'wear' it.

But for all you pedants out there I dropped the word eat in reference to the haggis.

P.S. I quite like haggis. I don't suppose you can get one in Thailand as it would go well on a Robbie Burns' night.

Don't like the haggis (not a meat eater) - but love the tatties and neeps! licklips.gif

Used to watch a lot of American Football back in the UK when I worked nights (shifts) - used to be on all night on Channel 4 - got quite into it for a few years - then moved on to days. Went to watch the London Monarchs as well on their first ever London game - didn't understand anything, but fun to watch (and drink beer out of plastic bottles).

giggle.gif

I am a Scot, just leave the Americans alone also the Aussies call Association Football Soccer, Up Hearts

Just top be pedantic, it was called "football" before it was called "Association Football" - and was banned in Scotland under the Football Act 1424 (repealed 1906) :) - FIFA has evidence that it comes from ancient Roman and Greek forms of the game (closer to RFU though - perhaps you could say therefore closer to American Football - but that was NOT called "football") - the name "football" probably comes from Medieval times as a type of stickless polo played on foot (by squires - only their Knight masters had horses).

Oh, and the Scots. I would never mention that they wear skirts and haggis. Like blood hell I wouldn't.

It's only a skirt, if pants (or other underwear ?), are worn under it, otherwise it's a kilt ... but perhaps that might leave one open to mosquito-attack, tough decision ? whistling.gif