Indian

overherebc

As with all of the Indian stories do not hold your breath on this one either. A friend of mine was on the first Indian restart project years ago, early 90s, that didn't end well as there was a dispute over who actually owned the rights to the name. But maybe the present owners can do a better job.

I would be surprised if Polaris cannot make this work , big company with lots of experience in this field .

The first batch are being delivered to their owners next week. In fact a TV member gets his on Monday.

Any idea of the model and price ?

I would be surprised if Polaris cannot make this work , big company with lots of experience in this field .

The first batch are being delivered to their owners next week. In fact a TV member gets his on Monday.

Any idea of the model and price ?

Limited Edition Bagger List Price was about $23,000 plus options, of which there are many.

Polaris, the current and to date the most professional of owner Indian Motorcycle, has not long ago introduced Victory Motorcycles into the Thai market. Victory is one of the biggest competitors on the American home market for Harley-Davidson, one of the marketing spins is that “Victory is 100% American made... H-D absolutely not...”

With Victory Motorcycles being in the Thai market for little under a year, I would not expect that Polaris will also launch the Indian Motorcycle line-up in Thailand. But on the other hand, in India, a market often compared to Thailand, Polaris is planning to launch the Indian line-up while the Victory Motorcycle introduction is not much older than it happened in Thailand...

The thing is Polaris has the technology, money and surely the motivation to get much more market share in the cruiser market, and while in the past people bought Harleys because of tradition, they now-a-days start to look for real American alternatives....

• Like 1

Sorry , thought you meant the thaivisa member was getting one here in Thailand .

For 23K$, hell I would be ordering one tomorrow, 740K baht, you can X with +2 and you have the Thai price, about 2 mill in Thailand I think.

Very nice looking cruiser indeed, and engine size 111", he-he, HD's CVO's are 110" I bet they done that on purpose. wink.png

How much is the import tax from India? HD will open a factory there soon for the Indian market.

Sorry , thought you meant the thaivisa member was getting one here in Thailand .

For 23K$, hell I would be ordering one tomorrow, 740K baht, you can X with +2 and you have the Thai price, about 2 mill in Thailand I think.

Very nice looking cruiser indeed, and engine size 111", he-he, HD's CVO's are 110" I bet they done that on purpose. wink.png

How much is the import tax from India? HD will open a factory there soon for the Indian market.

The Harley-Davidson models produced, what is mainly assemble in India, will not qualify for any Free Trade Agreements between Thailand and India. As most engine parts are made in China, and many other parts parts are a amazing bundle of worldwide sourcing....

Chinese motorcycle manufacturer Zongshen makes most of the Harley-Davidson engine parts.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zongshen (with exception of the V-Rod)

Edited by Richard-BKK

The Victory Motorcycles have been marketed in Oz for a few years now and they seem a lot cheaper than the equivalent Harley models . Nice looking bikes the Victorys . Don't see a lot around tho.

Yes they are nice looking all right.

Just over a mill baht for the cheapest model here in Thailand but still the same 106" engine as the top model, that's way cheaper than a big twin Harley.

I haven't yet seen one in Thailand, I wonder how many they have sold here? 20 - 50 - 100?

The Thais are riding Harleys now big time, 5 years ago only a few hi-so had them.

The Victory Motorcycles have been marketed in Oz for a few years now and they seem a lot cheaper than the equivalent Harley models . Nice looking bikes the Victorys . Don't see a lot around tho.

Yes they are nice looking all right.

Just over a mill baht for the cheapest model here in Thailand but still the same 106" engine as the top model, that's way cheaper than a big twin Harley.

I haven't yet seen one in Thailand, I wonder how many they have sold here? 20 - 50 - 100?

The Thais are riding Harleys now big time, 5 years ago only a few hi-so had them.

A Harley is a Harley . I think Victorys will find it a struggle to establish themselves in Thailand . Brand name is important for the Thais, and to us falungs too .

When they remake Easy Rider and Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper are riding Victorys then perhaps the market penetration will begin.

"When they remake Easy Rider and Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper...." That maybe a bit tricky. Both of them got shot at the end of the movie!

Well make it with Brad Pitt and Mark Walberg . This is the movie that made me aware of harleys,hippies & bikers and the whole damn meaning of life ! Send another generation of youth into damnation.

Edited by xen

"When they remake Easy Rider and Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper...." That maybe a bit tricky. Both of them got shot at the end of the movie!

Well make it with Brad Pitt and Mark Walberg . This is the movie that made me aware of harleys,hippies & bikers and the whole dam_n meaning of life ! Send another generation of youth into damnation.

What I meant was you can't have a sequel if both the main characters are killed off in the original movie! Plus sequels suck big time 9 times out of 10.