could use them.

Aside from plantar fascitis, they would be useful in preventing
foot drop in someone comatose, paraplegic or otherwise
bed-ridden.

Size small. If you could use them or know someone who could, let
me know and they're yours.

post-14639-0-07569700-1378380986.jpg

• 3 months later...
This Plantar Fasciitis just came up a couple weeks ago, went down to Vibhavadi Hospital, saw an ortho, who prescribed a couple meds:
-- UNIREN Spray
-- Celebrex 200 mg, for muscle pain
-- and for some reason, Miracid 20mg, omeprazole, not sure why.
All are surely cheaper at a local pharmacy!! The doc's fee was just baht 500.

Seems like a foot splint might be what I need, too, but not small size.

Mr Google tells me that there's lots of foot splints available on the www, here's just two:

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sheryl, you said "A couple of years back," back to normal now? The www sites seem to indicate could take some time....
Mac

Yes, mine resolved after about a year. However I have found that I need constant arch support on that foot or else it recurs. Since I don't wear shoes indoors, I wear a simple round elastic thing-y that gives arch support ($10 on amazon for a pair of them). And for outside, I have gotten a variety of ortho flip flops.

The omeprazole is a precaution as the NSAID (Celebrtex) can cause stomach irritation especially when taken long term.

Exercises which stretch the achilles tendon work for a lot of people. For me, the secret turned out to be arch support.

The night splints do a lot of good IF you can tolerate them, I never could.

I had the same trouble a couple of years ago and it seems to be coming back again. Last time, about 6 months of the night splint and stretches for the arch is what "cured" it. This time, I want to get into a night splint before the issue gets any worse. As such, I went ahead and ordered from Amazon. Undoubtedly, not the most comfortable thing to sleep in!

I'm not too sure if the NSAIDs and topical painkillers will actually help too much beyond temporarily reducing pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Malathione

Well, NSAIDs and topical pain killers are nice if they work, even tho they may not help cure the underlying problem.

FYI, I bought a pair of Scholls sandals with a pretty high arch, baht 1,955, at Robinsons. This has helped a lot with my left foot. I'm not real happy about wearing them in the house but continue to do so.

Mac

Mac, do try the arch stretches. They were, and, continue to be, quite effective for me. Youtube has a few videos. Essentially, you just lay your foot in your lap and pull your toes gently upwards while massaging your arch. Additionally, you can use a cold bottle (I like to use the 250 ml's) as a roller for the arch.

Good Luck.

• 1 year later...

post-32650-0-61751200-1424216612_thumb.jIt's a year plus on now and still no more problem with my left foot. The semi high arches on the sandals seem to have worked well. Oh, yeah, I also used the "foot band" I got from the U.S., via a traveler. for several months, then retired it.

Speaking of the foot bands, saw the attached at a local P&F pharmacy, believe the gal said baht 800 or so, costly but handy if needed.

FYI, I also have a foot split size M, only used for three nights. Available for loan if anyone needs it. Be nice to circulate within the TV community.

Mac

Foot splints like those "cured" my plantar fasciitis. I had immediate relief after just one night and ended up using them for about a month. Yes, it was difficult to sleep and downright dangerous to get up and try to walk to the loo wearing 'em. What kept me cured was to stop going barefoot around the house. Now I wear exercise shoes. I know that people who visit think I'm a real pig because I wear shoes in the house, but they're "house shoes".

Now if I feel the plantar fascitis coming back, I just tie my foot with a scarf to hold it in position before I go to bed. Only takes a night or two of this routine and the feeling goes away. I got rid of the foot splints in a garage sale before we moved to Thailand. It was money well spent in my opinion. Much better than drugs.

Oh, they work OK..if you can tolerate them. I never could. I'd wake up and find I'd pulled them off and thrown them off the bed in my sleep.

The arch supports work a treat for me, though. Whenever I feel a twinge I resume wearing them and it quickly resolves. (Having learned the hard way that once the fasicitis fully sets in, it takes a long time to resolve...)