Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueng at around 0930

wellred

I arrive at Bkk in high season at 0800. I have a flight to Phuket from Dmk leaving 1245. Do I have enough time to get a taxi from Bkk to dmk?

Is 0800 generally busy at Bkk during high season? I have the option to change my Phuket flight to later but don't really want to unless I really have to.

If you can make a quick exit from BKK and take the tolls you should have enough time.

My wife and I landed at BKK last February at 1600h and had domestic flight at 1835h. Our luggage took at least half an hour to appear. The traffic was horrendous but made it with twenty minutes to spare.

After exiting Immigration take elevator/escalator to bottom floor of terminal... Take Airport Rail Link City Line to Phaya Thai BST Stop then BTS to Mo Chit BTS Stop... Then cab from there

PS - The Airport link "express train Phaya Thai" is faster but only leaves every 30-45 minutes so the "City Line" local train that leaves every ~15 minutes may get you to Phaya Thai faster facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

bts-map1.png

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

Go to the ground floor and head to the far left. There is a staff mini bus outside cafe. (rot mee) It is about 100 baht to Dong Muang. Takes 45 mins 1hr depending on traffic.

I assume airport staff? Do you think they will allow a single traveller with 25kg luggage? 2 bags? If yes, where would I find the minibus in the opposite direction please? Thanks in anticipation.

You should have loads of time ....

If you hit the stand at 8.00 .... allow 30 minutes to walk to Immigration .... 8.30

Allow 30 minutes to clear immigration .... 9.00

Allow 30 minutes to get your luggage 9.30

It takes 5 minutes to walk to taxi level .... lets give you 15 minutes .... 9.45

Allow 1 hour to get to Don Mueng ..... 10.45 ..... giving you 2 hours by my very conservative estimate.

You therefore have plenty of time and no stress. If this was me, I would look for earlier flight !!

My record from plane to hotel in Lower Sukhumvit, stands at 52 minutes. Before I get flamed, this was a unique set of events .... First Class meaning buggy to Immigration. No queue at immigration, bag first off belt, no queue at taxi and minimum traffic with racing driver taxi. My usual time is between 1hr 15 minutes and 1hr 30 minutes from plane to City Centre.

The best answer you got from sfokevin avoid any road except from Mon Chit, Van, Bus and Taxi will stand in traffic jam but not BTS and beside it is a cheap way as sfokevin say!!! I did many times also opposite way DMK - BKK, Taxi or Bus to Mon Chit and BTS direct in the Suvarnabhumi airport. wai2.gif

Edited by challenger99

Free bus takes fourty five minutes, uses expressway, leaves every thirty minutes.

Never had a problem, used it many times.

Level 2, between Gates 2 & 3, for departure, just show your flight itinerary.

• Like 1

Free bus takes fourty five minutes, uses expressway, leaves every thirty minutes.

Thanks for posting this oz. can you tell me where to get this free bus at Dom Muang for opposite direction. Thanks

Thanks I think I will go with either this or a taxi.

Thanks for posting this oz. can you tell me where to get this free bus at Dom Muang for opposite direction. Thanks
You can't miss seeing it when you come out of arrivals, there is normally a lady there checking your itinerary.

If going to the city, there is another bus for 30baht/person, takes you to Mo Chit BTS.

• Like 1

You don't say whether it's a weekend or not.

i.e. If you take the expressway (rather than the outer ring road), you're probably fine regardless.

If your driver does the outer ring road, then Ram Indra road to get to Vibhavadi Rangsit, the traffic on Ram Indra can be pretty bad in the morning (although is usually reasonably clear by lunchtime) - At the best of times, it's not the fastest road, and 7-10am is definitely not the best of times...

But I think you've got plenty time anyway, unless you're flight's seriously delayed. (and assuming it's a weekday - the later you get out of the airport, the less traffic there will be...)

• 3 weeks later...

There's an express shuttle bus making the rounds between Mo Chit and DMK, 30 baht each way. Right outside the MRT exit, also easy access from the BTS. Don't remember how often it leaves. Used it last week and there were only two of us on the bus headed for DMK.

The best answer you got from sfokevin avoid any road except from Mon Chit, Van, Bus and Taxi will stand in traffic jam but not BTS and beside it is a cheap way as sfokevin say!!! I did many times also opposite way DMK - BKK, Taxi or Bus to Mon Chit and BTS direct in the Suvarnabhumi airport. wai2.gif