Honda big wing

dogpoo

i think honda bigwing only insure the bikes they sell.

insurance also went up this year a lot.

the dealer you bought the bike dot do one?

Can't believe this country, you want insurance but you get the same answer time and time again, no have, only insure big bike 400cc. up, only sell if you buy from us, crazy!! The place I bought my bike does not know about insurance they don't even know if bikes have an oil filter for fecks sake!! Big wing Phuket says can not get insurance for Forza even in Bangkok! These people know nothing about there product!

you have been told the answer. But refuse to listen.

but ok. Once more. You can get insurance from some/most of the Honda Wing centers.. they re the Aircon / nice looking Honda Shops. OR you can contact Brian At Sumet (and i mean contact. not just leaving a post on TV)

or if all else fails . contact Siam Cosmos (the broker) 02 257 4100 (they are unlikely to speak much English) Your insurance will be slightly more expensive now because your bike is 2nd hand.

iT TAKES ABOUT 1-2 WEEKS. because they send someone out to photograph the bike and take number rubbings. personally i would go through someone that speaks English , unless you speak thai Have fun

but ok. Once more. You can get insurance from some/most of the Honda Wing centers.. they re the Aircon / nice looking Honda Shops. OR you can contact Brian At Sumet (and i mean contact. not just leaving a post on TV)

or if all else fails . contact Siam Cosmos (the broker) 02 257 4100 (they are unlikely to speak much English) Your insurance will be slightly more expensive now because your bike is 2nd hand.

iT TAKES ABOUT 1-2 WEEKS. because they send someone out to photograph the bike and take number rubbings. personally i would go through someone that speaks English , unless you speak thai Have fun

No problem now, I have received a quote from AA Insurance for 1st class, approx 9000฿ I will be taking this out shortly!

I have not been able to find anyone in Phuket that insures big bikes. Falcon has no office here but Kawasaki big bike shop act as agents for them but I believe it's only if you buy a bike there. Since I have been owning N650's in Phuket, about 4 years now, the price has gone from 7400B to 16000B.

I have not been able to find anyone in Phuket that insures big bikes. Falcon has no office here but Kawasaki big bike shop act as agents for them but I believe it's only if you buy a bike there. Since I have been owning N650's in Phuket, about 4 years now, the price has gone from 7400B to 16000B.

It's no wonder there are so many people riding without insurance, it's difficult to get, many can not be bothered with the hassle!!

How many Thais ride big bikes. I would think Honda Big Wing sells motorbikes not insurance? There is a reason for their rules on offering insurance, the staff don't make them up.

Have you ever tried going into a motorcycle dealer in US/EU from which you did not buy the bike and asking them if they sell insurance. They might not laugh but...

If AA does then problem solved.

How many Thais ride big bikes. I would think Honda Big Wing sells motorbikes not insurance? There is a reason for their rules on offering insurance, the staff don't make them up.

Have you ever tried going into a motorcycle dealer in US/EU from which you did not buy the bike and asking them if they sell insurance. They might not laugh but...

If AA does then problem solved.

There are many Thai's driving big bikes here, in the UK Insurance is easy to get, not sure if the bike shops sell it but there are hundreds of companies to obtain it from, anyway problem solved!

No problem now, I have received a quote from AA Insurance for 1st class, approx 9000฿ I will be taking this out shortly!

So you just going with one quote?

my insurance was 7k in the 1st year and 5.5k in the second.. but the Forza 300 is slightly more expensive than the Cbr250 (dunno why)

Who is the AA insurance with?

So you just going with one quote?

my insurance was 7k in the 1st year and 5.5k in the second.. but the Forza 300 is slightly more expensive than the Cbr250 (dunno why)

Who is the AA insurance with?

No idea who it is with, yes the one quote is fine, it's actually close to 10000฿ with postage from Bangkok, to me that is reasonable and I can't be asked to find other insurance which might be slightly cheaper!

Yep, would be nice you give us some details. How much bail bond? How much third party damage? How much medical expenses for rider? What insurance company? Etc.

Thanks

I need new insurance soon too. 9k sounds a lot, but if conditions are right its of course OK...

• Like 1

Yep, would be nice you give us some details. How much bail bond? How much third party damage? How much medical expenses for rider? What insurance company? Etc.

Thanks

I need new insurance soon too. 9k sounds a lot, but if conditions are right its of course OK...

565/62 Moo 10

Next to Big C South Pattaya,

T. Nongprue, A. Banglamung, Chonburi 20260

Tel. 038-415795-6 Fax: 038-374251

E-mail: [email protected]

Broker License ว00023/2550

MOTOR QUOTATION

Attention: Kenneth Yates ​ ​Tel: ​​ Date: 06/09/2013

Vehicle: Honda Forza 250cc​​Year Registered: 2013 ​ ​ Quotation No.

Coverage

NSI Insurance

1st class

SAGI Insurance

1st class

SCI Insurance

1st class

Third Party Liability Cover:

1.Bodily Injury or death over

CTPL Limit to

2. Property Damage

2.1 Amount of Deductible

Own Damage Cover:

1.Own Damage

1.1 Amount of Deductible

2.Fire & Theft

Driver & Passenger Cover:

1.Personal accident benefit for

1 Driver

1 Passengers

2. Accident Med Expense (2)

3. Bail bond

500,000 Baht/Each person

10,000,000 Baht/Each accident

1,000,000 Baht/Each accident

0 Baht/ Each accident

120,000 Baht/ Each accident

10,000 Baht/ Each accident

120,000 Baht/Each accident

100,000 Baht/Each person

100,000 Baht/Each person

100,000 Baht/Each person

900,000 Baht/ Each accident

300,000 Baht/Each person

10,000,000Baht/Each accident

600,000 Baht/Each accident

0 Baht/ Each accident

100,000 Baht/ Each accident

2,000 Baht/ Each accident

100,000 Baht/Each accident

50,000 Baht/Each person

50,000 Baht/Each person

50,000 Baht/Each person

1,500,000 Baht/ Each accident

300,000 Baht/Each person

10,000,000Baht/Each accident

600,000 Baht/Each accident

2,000 Baht/ Each accident

140,000 Baht/ Each accident

5,000 Baht/ Each accident

140,000 Baht/ Each accident

50,000 Baht/Each person

50,000 Baht/Each person

50,000 Baht/Each person

1,500,000 Baht/ Each accident

Use of Motor Vehicle

Driver

Private

Any Driver

Private

Any Driver

Private

Any Driver

Premium Total

12,635 Baht

9,898 Baht

10,801 Baht

** This quotation is valid for 30 days.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CONSIDERING AA INSURANCE BROKERS

WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.

• Like 1

Thanks

9k sounds a lot, in the UK it would be so much more!!

"Who is the AA insurance with?" Their brokers. I contacted them for a quote twice and found the Thai staff to be incompetent. I went there on another occasion and happened to speak to Kenneth (???) whose main task in life is to try and sell up the insurance you didn't ask about. I wanted a minimum cover health insurance (20k+) and he couldn't stop talking about plans up to 65k!

I for one won't be going back there!

You reckon? My insurance for my BMW 1200cc bike in the UK is 7,900 baht (at 50 baht/£). And it's insured with BMW's own insurance scheme. Fully comp cover for the whole of Europe.

I get my Thai BMW insurance at the same time as I pay my road tax. It's very cheap but I can't remember the actual figure. I get my car insurance at the Thai MOT station. That's cheap too.

You reckon? My insurance for my BMW 1200cc bike in the UK is 7,900 baht (at 50 baht/£). And it's insured with BMW's own insurance scheme. Fully comp cover for the whole of Europe.

I get my Thai BMW insurance at the same time as I pay my road tax. It's very cheap but I can't remember the actual figure. I get my car insurance at the Thai MOT station. That's cheap too.

It depends how long you have been riding bikes in the UK and your level of experience, I was only an occasional rider so the insurance was very expensive! You get government Insurance at the same time as the road tax and yes that is cheap, same with the car government insurance is also cheap! the insurance here is cheap, you do not need any experience to get insured here unlike the UK!!