Et Tu Firefox?

Tywais

Just to remind users to keep their Firefox up to date, hope it doesn't get as bad as IE regarding security issues. :o

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6062713.html?tag=nl.e589

my firefox is calling home and update itself, thats a nice feature to make it more safe :D

As well my Opera is calling home and complaining if there is a newer version :-)

Yep, just got a message a few days ago that a new version has downloaded and to restart Firefox. :D Just want to let other users be aware and to be sure that their auto-update is enabled, under "Options - Advanced - Update".

Just to remind users to keep their Firefox up to date, hope it doesn't get as bad as IE regarding security issues. :o

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6062713.html?tag=nl.e589

my firefox is calling home and update itself, thats a nice feature to make it more safe :D

As well my Opera is calling home and complaining if there is a newer version :-)

Yep, just got a message a few days ago that a new version has downloaded and to restart Firefox. :D Just want to let other users be aware and to be sure that their auto-update is enabled, under "Options - Advanced - Update".

Did that and since then can't access several websites including Yahoo mail.

IE5 does not work neither (nor Opera)

I did also update Zone Alarm at the same time. I thought it could be that but after uninstalling ZA, the problem persist. I have tried reinstalling FF but nothing, I also tried the 1.0.8 and 1.5.0.1 version no luck. I can check my Yahoo mail on the WAP server and have no problem with the messenger.

Am I the only one having this issue?

Several people report a similar problem on Mozillazine forums...

~R

hi'

FF install and update problems ... :o

if the auto update doesn't work or doesn't work after install :

2 steps ; 1-uninstall FF, delete the folder in Program Files

2- re-install FF in the latest version downloaded from mozilla site

reboot and enjoy :D

I'll second cndvic, FF is not a fence for any user! it's slightly better in security than IE, but stay careful, a bad script makes the same effect to the OS coming in with either IE or FF ...

your own behavior makes yourself vulverable sometimes ...

some sites are clean, some not .. :D

francois

your own behavior makes yourself vulverable sometimes ...

some sites are clean, some not .. :o

francois

Very true. The problem is with all the publicity regarding Firefoxs' security that people get complacent and don't think about their operational behaviour and let their guard down.