Non O multiple from New Zealand

I normally get my Non-O multiple visa (based on marriage) from Hull on my annual UK visits. (I am Brit citizen)

But this year I am in New Zealand (Christchurch) on a long work project.

My visa will expire in the middle of this month, before I can get back to Thailand, and thence to UK.

Before I email a Thai Embassy here with my query, can anyone advise if an Embassy here will issue a non-O multiple to a Brit, and which would be the best Embassy to approach - Wellington or Auckland?

Thanks for any advice,

There is no embassy in Auckland there is however a honorary consulate there that might be the best choice.

Contact info: http://www.guidetothailand.com/thailand-travel-information/honcon-asiapac.php

You could also contact the embassy to see what they will do. Website is no help.

Contact info: http://www.thaiembassy.org/wellington/en/org-chart

Edited by ubonjoe

Many thanks for the replies.

Sceptic, that link was great, more info than I found on the Embassy site.

Yes, I shall contact Wellington first before wasting a journey, but that looks the best option as it is a short 'plane hop from here.

I have copies of my marriage cert and wife's ID and Passport on my laptop, so hope copies, not originals, will be OK.

I can always go in to Thailand on a 30 day visa free entry, but that is a hassle if I stay longer before onward to UK.

Also my sincere thoughts for all residents of Christchurch who suffered from the earthquake a couple of years ago. The rebuild process is an enormous task, and the flattened empty lots and boarded up broken buildings are a sobering sight. A great city, warm and friendly people - and the Running Bull pub aint bad either.

• Like 1