2 Teenagers Arrested For Murdering An Elderly American Man

Lite Beer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the American's fault. He shouldn't have been 70 years old. I am not sure, but I think maybe I know the taller of the two. As far as the "old west" goes, it wasn't like the movies. Lots of those guys were civil war vets, and some punk come to town and get out of line, they just shoot him. No gunfight, just nail the bastard. End of story.

• Like 1

Your Forum?????? oops sorry thought Thai Visa was for all, sorry for gate crashing your Freemasons Meeting it was an honest mistake. Now I know why I couldn't understand a word you Pattaya folk were going on about it was all in codes and gestures so only the little exclusive group could understand. Oh well please carry onsmile.png

Yea, I didn't understand the Chiang Mai reference either. American's Die stabbed in their homes up there too. (been there, saw that). What Gives with that comment?

Thailand is larger than where you can go for 10 baht.

I will repeat it once again,if you shut up, things won't happen, you can not piss these guys off,even if they are wrong and stepping on your toes, especially if you are old and alone somewhere,..RIP

That's just plain idiotic. You speak as though we are in the middle of the jungle and it's kill or be killed. If your life is in such a precarious state here you would be better off elsewhere.

For those of us who choose not to live in fear a good rule of thumb is to let the small stuff slide but stand up for yourself. No one should go through life as you suggest. Is that why you really came here? Do you really kowtow to Thais at every turn? There are lots of us here who live our lives just fine and don't live in fear -- nor would we suggest anyone else do the same. Pathetic.

Well you cant prove me wrong, because the opposite is happening every day, just giving friendly advice to people who chose to take it, pathetic, are the would be heroes laying like a lump of meat beaten like a dog, as you will probably end up one day,with your stand up for yourself attitude, I've seen them stand and i have seen them fall in my past profession, i know what it means to walk away, there is no honour lost by walking away and avoiding trouble.

• Like 2

Dont wish to Blame the Victim , far from it ..But , its certainly true if you want to live here , no matter how much you may think you can " Take Care of Yourself " you just have to Ignore , Shut up .. and look away . It shouldn't be like this ..There are 1000s of reasons why it shouldn't be ..But this is how it is . Just go about your Business ..keep your Nose Clean ..But forget the Western View , Took me time also , But avoid all Conflict and " What will be ..will be " ..No matter how strong , you will Never Win . Simple rules , but just how it is ..and It "aint " going to Change , not in the next 50 years anyhow ..You are here for a reason , Take your mind back to That reason .

• Like 1

Pattaya again? violin.gif Cesspool!

2 teenagers? Correction: 2 ADULT THAIS The 19yo is probably a few days from his 20th birthday as well "19yo -22yo" Almost as accurate as the 7cm knife that turned out to be a 24" sword

The police who ordered the reporters to NOT report it should be charged with Obstruction of Justice is lose their badges.

I am so sorry to the family of the deceased.sorry.gif

Semi-Offtopic: A friend of mine had done research on Thai culture over the last 10 years and found that part of Thai culture is not show affection in public as it is looked down upon, that includes parents to passifier.gif babies/children or even teens/adults in consensual relationships. Now let me ask you this, in the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV) what is being completely void of emotion, empathy, lack of conscience or responsibility for your actions defined as? ANSWER: Sociopath/Psychopaths crazy.gif

Suffice to say we are living in a culture which breeds sociopaths and psychopaths.

I am YeaBiGgiEs and I have spoken on this day.

And thats to Say Western Culture .." Banging Each Other on the Train " etc etc ..As some form of Freedom is the Correct Way ??

I Think not ...The Vast majority of Problems here come from Western Influence .

I like it the way it was ..Especially the Conservative Nature , where its a Big deal to " Hold Hands " ..All this stuff is Magnified by the Bars .

I would never just want to reproduce the " Western Way " here ..Especially USA ideals ..That what I want to be away from ..At a great distance .

• Like 2

On the note weather they should be called teenagers or not. I think this is a "lost in translation" problem.

"Wai run" is commonly translated as Teenager. Wai run, however, means something like "adolescent, "age young" etc. Where "Wai" is a word referring to someones age. And "run" means young. Similarly there are words like "Wai glang", "wai gae", "wai dek" (middle age, old age & childhood).

In Sweden we use the word teenagers for people from 13 to 19, as most of the world. However we also have a word (which isn't really an accepted word as far as I know), called "Fjortis" (something like "fourteenish"). This word is not used for people who are fourteen, but people who are trapped in some mentally ignorant, immature bimbo-stupidity..

The word Wai-run is used somewhat similar (although not as negatively). But it shouldn't be translated as teenager, since most people who are actually teenagers (at least 13 to 16) in Thailand will be referred to as Children, not Wai runs.

Edited by banglassie
  • Like 1

Dont wish to Blame the Victim , far from it ..But , its certainly true if you want to live here , no matter how much you may think you can " Take Care of Yourself " you just have to Ignore , Shut up .. and look away . It shouldn't be like this ..There are 1000s of reasons why it shouldn't be ..But this is how it is . Just go about your Business ..keep your Nose Clean ..But forget the Western View , Took me time also , But avoid all Conflict and " What will be ..will be " ..No matter how strong , you will Never Win . Simple rules , but just how it is ..and It "aint " going to Change , not in the next 50 years anyhow ..You are here for a reason , Take your mind back to That reason .

I wonder how "Ignore , Shut up .. and look away" would have helped this 70's year old being blugened to death in his bed?

I'm sure we can all think of something.

Certainly Not Justifing ...But thats Not what happened . You will never beat Punks like this ..No matter how strong you think you are .

I wonder how "Ignore , Shut up .. and look away" would have helped this 70's year old being blugened to death in his bed?

I'm sure we can all think of something.

Certainly Not Justifing ...But thats Not what happened . You will never beat Punks like this ..No matter how strong you think you are .

"The reconstruction was held at a building site close to the scene of the crime as the family of the deceased asked Police not to re-enact the crime in the victim’s home.

As the victim slept, the two assailants, Khun Anuchai aged Khun Siriwat, broke-into the house in search of valuable items.

At the time, Mr. Morfella was asleep and as the two men entered the 2nd floor bedroom, they saw him in the bed and used a stick to repeatedly strike him. The victim screamed for help as one of the suspects placed a pillow over his head while the other continued to beat him until he died"

What do you know about this crime your not saying? If your saying one should learn not to scream for help as your being beaten to death... how does one practice this skill?

• Like 1

Are you referring to when he was asleep in his bed (probably talking in his sleep) when they started bashing him or when he screamed for help during the murder?

I think sleeping is definitely just going about his business and keeping quite so as not to antagonise his killers.

Also remembering the original post saying internet cafe, regardless,sound advice given by sandhurst....

No, not at all, infact the opposite,one shouldn't judge Thailand by the events in Pattaya and Phuket...coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Exactly, but a lot do. And call for everyone, no matter where they live in Thailand to pack up and flee before their farang throats are slit.

Luckily for us in the north, most of the crime is confined to Pattaya and Phukhet, and I think we all know why.

Lots and lots of foreign tourists, mostly males, attracted to the girls, bars, booze and sex, like moths to a flame.

Lots and lots of local crims attracted to the cashed up tourists who are ripe for the picking.

I am sure this happens all over the world, I know it is the case in Australia. The foreigners who complain about the high rate of crime in these seedy places are the ones who caused it in the first place.

When they call for a mass exodus, it falls on deaf ears to the people who live in the "real" Thailand, and get on well with the locals, and are not here to exploit the cheap and constant sex and booze supply.

Edited by mikemac
  • Like 1

2 teenagers? Correction: 2 ADULT THAIS The 19yo is probably a few days from his 20th birthday as well "19yo -22yo" Almost as accurate as the 7cm knife that turned out to be a 24" sword

The police who ordered the reporters to NOT report it should be charged with Obstruction of Justice is lose their badges.

Semi-Offtopic: A friend of mine had done research on Thai culture over the last 10 years and found that part of Thai culture is not show affection in public as it is looked down upon, that includes parents to passifier.gif babies/children or even teens/adults in consensual relationships. Now let me ask you this, in the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV) what is being completely void of emotion, empathy, lack of conscience or responsibility for your actions defined as? ANSWER: Sociopath/Psychopaths crazy.gif

Suffice to say we are living in a culture which breeds sociopaths and psychopaths.

And thats to Say Western Culture .." Banging Each Other on the Train " etc etc ..As some form of Freedom is the Correct Way ??

I like it the way it was ..Especially the Conservative Nature , where its a Big deal to " Hold Hands " ..All this stuff is Magnified by the Bars .

I would never just want to reproduce the " Western Way " here ..Especially USA ideals ..That what I want to be away from ..At a great distance .

I know you have commented in disagreement to my post but I want you to know that I do agree with you 100% that it is the western influence that is certainly ruining this once peaceful culture.

No, not at all, infact the opposite,one shouldn't judge Thailand by the events in Pattaya and Phuket...coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Exactly, but a lot do. And call for everyone, no matter where they live in Thailand to pack up and flee before their farang throats are slit.

Luckily for us in the north, most of the crime is confined to Pattaya and Phukhet, and I think we all know why.

Lots and lots of foreign tourists, mostly males, attracted to the girls, bars, booze and sex, like moths to a flame.

Lots and lots of local crims attracted to the cashed up tourists who are ripe for the picking.

I am sure this happens all over the world, I know it is the case in Australia. The foreigners who complain about the high rate of crime in these seedy places are the ones who caused it in the first place.

When they call for a mass exodus, it falls on deaf ears to the people who live in the "real" Thailand, and get on well with the locals, and are not here to exploit the cheap and constant sex and booze supply.

Your saying "Lots and lots of local crims attracted to the cashed up tourists who are ripe for the picking." is accurate. I agree. That's why advice to stay the heck away from Pattaya and Phuket is great advice.

Your saying "I am sure this happens all over the world, I know it is the case in Australia." is not an accurate statement. Certainly these type of crimes occur. But do the police in Australia routinely cover-up those crimes and order reporters to not report those crimes? I don't believe so. This is an important difference.

I know that in the U.S., crimes committed against tourists get MORE press coverage and usually get MORE police resources to investigate and solve those crimes. I suspect that it is the same in Australia. Also, I do not believe that police in Australia form the largest criminal gang in the country. Like police in Thailand do!

I know you have commented in disagreement to my post but I want you to know that I do agree with you 100% that it is the western influence that is certainly ruining this once peaceful culture.

God i hope this is sarcasm.

• Like 2