2 Teenagers Arrested For Murdering An Elderly American Man

Lite Beer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP to the 70 YO American and also the 21YO Norwegian murdered by the Ladyboys a terrible appalling ending for such a young life

Far too dangerous and violent place to live Pattaya now that is why I moved back up to Bangkok for good I feel much safer walking the streets late at night in Bangkok.

So this happened inside the Americans house ?

Thats why I live in a condo , I feel safe here with 24h security , surveillance cameras and friendly neighbours.

If you live in a house you need to protect yourself , with the best security systems money can buy .

Your saying "I am sure this happens all over the world, I know it is the case in Australia." is not an accurate statement. Certainly these type of crimes occur. But do the police in Australia routinely cover-up those crimes and order reporters to not report those crimes? I don't believe so. This is an important difference.

@ Baloo22 - My line.............. "I am sure this happens all over the world, I know it is the case in Australia." referred to the preceding line -

"Lots and lots of local crims attracted to the cashed up tourists who are ripe for the picking."...... I made no reference in my comment to the Police, in either Australia or Thailand. But I do agree with what you said about the Police forces being so different.

The whole point of my comment was the fact that before tourists made Pattaya and Phukhet what they are today there was probably no more crime there as anywhere else in Thailand. And I hate people forming an opinion on Thailand based on cesspits like P and P.

Hope the people who feel so threatened do leave and keep us posted on how safe they feel "back home".

Your saying "I am sure this happens all over the world, I know it is the case in Australia." is not an accurate statement. Certainly these type of crimes occur. But do the police in Australia routinely cover-up those crimes and order reporters to not report those crimes? I don't believe so. This is an important difference.

@ Baloo22 - My line.............. "I am sure this happens all over the world, I know it is the case in Australia." referred to the preceding line -

"Lots and lots of local crims attracted to the cashed up tourists who are ripe for the picking."...... I made no reference in my comment to the Police, in either Australia or Thailand. But I do agree with what you said about the Police forces being so different.

The whole point of my comment was the fact that before tourists made Pattaya and Phukhet what they are today there was probably no more crime there as anywhere else in Thailand. And I hate people forming an opinion on Thailand based on cesspits like P and P.

Hope the people who feel so threatened do leave and keep us posted on how safe they feel "back home".

Maybe those of us not living in pataya or phucket should just be thankful all the bad guys are thererolleyes.gif

• Like 2

That's why we Farangs are leaving Thailand in our droves, aren't we ?

No, not at all, infact the opposite,one shouldn't judge Thailand by the events in Pattaya and Phuket...coffee1.gif

what about judging it by it's national police force ? ,..... would that be fair ?

• Like 2

No, not at all, infact the opposite,one shouldn't judge Thailand by the events in Pattaya and Phuket...coffee1.gif

what about judging it by it's national police force ? ,..... would that be fair ?

Normally yes, but then thailand could only be judged as a basket case.

Thats why I live in a condo , I feel safe here with 24h security , surveillance cameras and friendly neighbours.

Indeed. One rarely hears of people being murdered in condos except occasionally when the perpetrators are known to, and are invited in by, the victim (girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, hookers, drinking partners etc.).

The likelihood of some unknown thief/murderer getting past security, up to my floor and into my room is minute indeed. In fact anyone in the corridor would be hard put to know if my room amongst all the many others contains anything worth stealing or not, or even if it is occupied at all.

Of course we are, but then others, unaware of how safe and peaceful Pattaya is come to replace them.

I would bet my bottom dollar many who were considering living in Thailand change their minds as a result of articles posted on this forum. These reports are saving countless lives.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Indeed. One rarely hears of people being murdered in condos except occasionally when the perpetrators are known to, and are invited in by, the victim (girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, hookers, drinking partners etc.).

The likelihood of some unknown thief/murderer getting past security, up to my floor and into my room is minute indeed. In fact anyone in the corridor would be hard put to know if my room amongst all the many others contains anything worth stealing or not, or even if it is occupied at all.

indeed, having so many hutches to choose from, there must be safety in numbers for condo dwellers

indeed, having so many hutches to choose from, there must be safety in numbers for condo dwellers

There certainly is. Even when one's hutch is bigger and more expensive than most houses here.

Sometimes I wonder if the people who knock condos on here have ever actually been inside one of the better buildings (ie just about any building that isnt full of 30sqm studios)? I suspect not.

There certainly is. Even when one's hutch is bigger and more expensive than most houses here.

Sometimes I wonder if the people who knock condos on here have ever actually been inside one of the better buildings (ie just about any building that isnt full of 30sqm studios)? I suspect not.

you suspect wrong

i had a one bed 112.5 sq m in Jomtien, i sold it for a much higher price than most houses here

hated condo living and holier than thou neighbours

particularly those who rent and think that they own......

Edited by blackman

Look on the bright side, at least the murderers were caught!

I live in Cornwall UK and there used to be a wealthy retired garage owner who would go drinking in bars (pubs as they are called over here) Someone pointed out the bloke to me one day and made some comments along the lines of "That bloke in the suit used to own a garage and he has always got at least £500 in his wallet!" (this was an open secret all around the town)

One morning the retired garage owner was found dead in the street. Evidently he had been beaten very badly on his walk home from the pub and his wallet was missing. To this day the killer(s) have never been caught.

Presumably the killer(s) are still out there so I'd advise people not to wear a suit and tie whilst carrying a fat wallet.

Well the fact is it didn't get covered up so all you conspiracy theorists can get back to speculating on the non-existent norweigen supposedly killed by a ladyboys spiked heel to the head.

From other accounts I read if this case, it was reported to be a home invasion robbery and they got away with all of about US$ 400-500 in cash and goods. The reenactment doesn't look to be in an internet shop...maybe that's where he met them?

In any case, a terrible way to leave this life and good work by the police in making this arrest.

WOT THE??? the police admitted to ordering the reporters to NOT report on this story, FACT.

so in your world police can manipulate the media and that's OK? again WOT THE???

Well the fact is it didn't get covered up so all you conspiracy theorists can get back to speculating on the non-existent norweigen supposedly killed by a ladyboys spiked heel to the head.

From other accounts I read if this case, it was reported to be a home invasion robbery and they got away with all of about US$ 400-500 in cash and goods. The reenactment doesn't look to be in an internet shop...maybe that's where he met them?

In any case, a terrible way to leave this life and good work by the police in making this arrest.

good work by the police,that's there job.

I will repeat it once again,if you shut up, things won't happen, you can not piss these guys off,even if they are wrong and stepping on your toes, especially if you are old and alone somewhere,..RIP

Or maybe the old man was a mute and the pricks wanted him to speak, or maybe...............

or maybe they were just simply thieving murdering pricks who see old farangs as a soft easy target who can't defend themselves thus make them more heroic.

Two teenager murderers arrested, another hundred thousand or more out there looking for easy target falang to rob and kill, and somebody still think Pattaya is the safest place on earth!! Time to wake up and accept the fact that Thailand getting worse every day as we speak bah.gif

• Like 1

"Now let me ask you this, in the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV) what is being completely void of emotion, empathy, lack of conscience or responsibility for your actions defined as? ANSWER: Sociopath/Psychopaths". A couple of years ago discussing my (now) exwife and her sociopathic behavior with friend who is counselor in USA. She said "Well, isn't the culture there sociopathic? And so it fits as "normal" behavior...."

From the article:

Journalists reported that police officers ordered reporters to not present the news of the arrest, as it was feared that it would cause negativity to Pattaya’s tourism.

When the Police engage in their usual buffoonery by trying to prevent media coverage of crimes of this magnitude you know their mental capacity isn't much greater or different from that of the perpetrators.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Look on the bright side, at least the murderers were caught!

I live in Cornwall UK and there used to be a wealthy retired garage owner who would go drinking in bars (pubs as they are called over here) Someone pointed out the bloke to me one day and made some comments along the lines of "That bloke in the suit used to own a garage and he has always got at least £500 in his wallet!" (this was an open secret all around the town)

One morning the retired garage owner was found dead in the street. Evidently he had been beaten very badly on his walk home from the pub and his wallet was missing. To this day the killer(s) have never been caught.

Presumably the killer(s) are still out there so I'd advise people not to wear a suit and tie whilst carrying a fat wallet.

PATHETIC, as usual from a thai apologist "look on the bright side", also off topic . This is a thai forum, NOT CORNWALL, UK

• Like 1

Dont wish to Blame the Victim , far from it ..But , its certainly true if you want to live here , no matter how much you may think you can " Take Care of Yourself " you just have to Ignore , Shut up .. and look away .

"SHUT UP and LOOK AWAY" , the victim was in his own house. You thai apologists dont know when to stop

• Like 2

Pattaya again? violin.gif Cesspool!

2 teenagers? Correction: 2 ADULT THAIS The 19yo is probably a few days from his 20th birthday as well "19yo -22yo" Almost as accurate as the 7cm knife that turned out to be a 24" sword

The police who ordered the reporters to NOT report it should be charged with Obstruction of Justice is lose their badges.

I am so sorry to the family of the deceased.sorry.gif

Semi-Offtopic: A friend of mine had done research on Thai culture over the last 10 years and found that part of Thai culture is not show affection in public as it is looked down upon, that includes parents to passifier.gif babies/children or even teens/adults in consensual relationships. Now let me ask you this, in the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV) what is being completely void of emotion, empathy, lack of conscience or responsibility for your actions defined as? ANSWER: Sociopath/Psychopaths crazy.gif

Suffice to say we are living in a culture which breeds sociopaths and psychopaths.

I am YeaBiGgiEs and I have spoken on this day.

And thats to Say Western Culture .." Banging Each Other on the Train " etc etc ..As some form of Freedom is the Correct Way ??

I Think not ...The Vast majority of Problems here come from Western Influence .

I like it the way it was ..Especially the Conservative Nature , where its a Big deal to " Hold Hands " ..All this stuff is Magnified by the Bars .

I would never just want to reproduce the " Western Way " here ..Especially USA ideals ..That what I want to be away from ..At a great distance .

I know you have commented in disagreement to my post but I want you to know that I do agree with you 100% that it is the western influence that is certainly ruining this once peaceful culture.

God i hope this is sarcasm.

I certainly Doubt it is ..Western Influence has destroyed the Culture ..and Increased the Violence , Sad but True ..

Power / Money ..and outside influence .

• Like 2

Dont wish to Blame the Victim , far from it ..But , its certainly true if you want to live here , no matter how much you may think you can " Take Care of Yourself " you just have to Ignore , Shut up .. and look away .

"SHUT UP and LOOK AWAY" , the victim was in his own house. You thai apologists dont know when to stop

Exactly when do you wish to Leave ? ...This is a vastly different Culture , if you cant gain a decent understanding of it , its simply best not to participate . Upfront conflict , quite " normal " in the USA , simply does not work in Thailand , Its just not an " In your Face " enviroment .

Conspiracy theorist? I love when that word gets thrown in to the mix.

Oh my personal favorite is right wing..

i had a one bed 112.5 sq m in Jomtien, i sold it for a much higher price than most houses here

hated condo living and holier than thou neighbours

particularly those who rent and think that they own......

Well, that's fine. I imagine your condo neighbours were glad to see the back of you also.

But just because someone lives in rented accommodation here does not necessarily mean that they dont own also, in another place or even another country. I know several people who find it more prudent to own in Europe etc. and still keep all their options open here by renting.

maybe they were, who cares?

its not like they were friends

as to the rest it sounds like the kind of thing someone would say in a bar when trying to justify why they rent rather than buy

when in reality its just that they can't afford to buy and are ashamed that they are renting

heard it many times from barflies....

I will repeat it once again,if you shut up, things won't happen, you can not piss these guys off,even if they are wrong and stepping on your toes, especially if you are old and alone somewhere,..RIP

This may work somewhere else,not here.

why live your life in fear of opening your mouth?

Sometimes it has nothing (at all) to do with fear, simply with wisdom smile.png

• Like 1

If only that we're true...Thailand would be a much better place if most of the foreigners living here didn't!

Perhaps you would like to do the majority a favour by setting a fine example? I can recommend a good travel agency..

So you've met him then?

• Like 1