PM Yingluck leaves on European trips

Lite Beer

Has anyone yet actually stated how many trips she HAS taken ??? and another 56 (business reps) are traveling with her BUT who are they-would be interesting to know. Anymore hangers on going that are not mentioned ??? some more cabinet travelers also ??

Is the foreign minister only traveling out of BKK to foreign provinces in Thailand ??

He then is the internal foreign minister.

The last count was 52 trips to 42 countries if my memory is correct.

Only George W bush 7 years and Obama 4 years have out travelled her as ruling politicians.

So much for helping the poor in this country whistling.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought, since we are not told what aircraft is transporting her to Europe, I wondered if they will pull one of the A380s off the Hong Kong -BKK route, for the trip, That would be a hell of a cost, or is it Singapore 1st class, and business class for the cronies.

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

She is scheduled to attend the 24th regular session of the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva where she will deliver Thailand's stance on dealing with human rights violations including human trafficking and the protection of children and women.

I feel confident Ms. Yingluck will include how her government takes care of the Rohingya people by pushing their boats out to sea and also the fate of the Karen girl and speedy prosecution of her torturers.

Yes, the PM is on the hot seat for this. Unfortunately, the government policy is consistent with the sentiments of the Thai people. The current policy, while somewhat less draconian is a carryover from the previous governments. Thailand has a long history of dealing roughly with refugees.

Had she not attended the session, the implications would have been serious as Thailand needs to stake out its position. Thailand will most likely draw support from its neighbors which will come as a shock to TVF's western finger wavers.

I will now continue to read the snide comments from other foreigners arguing the PM should not be going on this trade mission that was planned almost a year ago.

Just a thought, since we are not told what aircraft is transporting her to Europe, I wondered if they will pull one of the A380s off the Hong Kong -BKK route, for the trip, That would be a hell of a cost, or is it Singapore 1st class, and business class for the cronies.

Not the A380. Only 1.

Keep in mind that 56 companies are part of the trade delegation. Many of these people will join the PM on her charter.. The PM will have multiple trade department and other officials traveling with her. As such, I would expect one of the jets already configured for the transport of VIPs (e.g. ,military or lower ranking Royals).

Hoping to pick up some handbags, the odd pair of shoes and you never know what you might find on the sale rails, Thailand has much to learn in this department and when I get back I will be able to hold a seminar to tell them, now how much shal I charge for that?

A little mistake in the news.....italian prime minister is not Mario Monti anymore (was a year ago....) but Enrico Letta.

Even the propagandist government media can't get it right from the likely erroneous press release sent out by Yingluck's crack public relations team.

She is scheduled to attend the 24th regular session of the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva where she will deliver Thailand's stance on dealing with human rights violations including human trafficking and the protection of children and women.

I feel confident Ms. Yingluck will include how her government takes care of the Rohingya people by pushing their boats out to sea and also the fate of the Karen girl and speedy prosecution of her torturers.

Yes, the PM is on the hot seat for this. Unfortunately, the government policy is consistent with the sentiments of the Thai people. The current policy, while somewhat less draconian is a carryover from the previous governments. Thailand has a long history of dealing roughly with refugees.

Had she not attended the session, the implications would have been serious as Thailand needs to stake out its position. Thailand will most likely draw support from its neighbors which will come as a shock to TVF's western finger wavers.

I will now continue to read the snide comments from other foreigners arguing the PM should not be going on this trade mission that was planned almost a year ago.

'Snide comments" or truth that hurts when one is obsessed with the ruling party.

You made it sound like she couldn't pull out of the trip and it was a one off. I suppose you think all the trips abroad are warranted??? and is normal. I suppose all the 50+ trips were planned a year or so back and couldn't be avoided.

Normally a country would send the appropriate minister in trade related business, so my question is why does Yingluck HAVE to be on near all of them.

State/PM to PM as in Obama/Yingluck to me are essential, some are not VIP places to visit, and the Thai P.M. need not have to go.

Charity begins at home.

That's right. And after all she should be at home boning up on running the country's defenses. From what I recall she took the Defense Ministry post so that she could "learn" more about how the armed forces function, which is always a great reason to head up a ministry (because practical experience is so passe). After all, it's a free education. So shouldn't she be here in Thailand boning up on the dastardly backroom dealing that goes on the country's military every year, lining up generals for the most senior positions so they too can suckle off the spillage from the Defense Ministry teat in their golden years.

• Like 1

"She is scheduled to attend the 24th regular session of the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva where she will deliver Thailand's stance on dealing with human rights violations including human trafficking and the protection of children and women."

Now that's pretty brave! Even dead drunk I would not have the Cojones to raise that issue in a pub. She got balls!

• Like 1

Hopefully some one in her group will have enough smarts to learn some thing to help eliminate human trafficking.

Hopefully some one in her group will have enough smarts to learn some thing to help eliminate human trafficking.

Eliminating human trafficking would be good - but what chance given the amount going on in many countries. Goes right up there with eliminating poverty,hunger, third world debt and global warming. All pie in the sky talk from an inept and ineffective UN. No doubt Yingluck will tell them of the amazing efforts her government has achieved in these areas, as well as returning the country to democracy and reconciliation during her 2 very productive years in office.

Six months before the general election.

Thaksin: Yingluck, I need you to be PM in my new government!

Yingluck: But I don't know the first thing about being in government.

Thaksin: No worries. I will surround you with advisors and I will tell you what to say and do.

Yingluck: It sounds like a lot of work and I will have to be busy. I think I don't want the job.

Thaksin: You can travel the globe shopping in all the best shops whenever you want. If you are good, I will let you have your own airplane.

Yingluck: OK biggrin.png

• Like 1

Guys give her a break!!! Part of the job.

Only Obama travels more than Ms. Yingluck as head of state. It's her job as PM to shepherd the government bills to passage into law... except she is not qualified to do that. 300 Million Baht travel in two years; she needs to give Thailand a break.

Montenegro! well lots of mafia, human trafficking, need we say more!

Maybe she is going there to meet brother Thaksin as he is a Montenegrian with a Montenegrian passport?

Maybe she is going to collect her passport? Why would a Thai PM visit such a small and insignificant country? Taksin has a house there, but apart from that?

• Like 1

where she will deliver Thailand's stance on dealing with human rights violations including human trafficking and the protection of children and women.

And the extra-judicial murders of 2500 "drug dealers" who were never tried or convicted, but were executed infront of their families on the orders of Yingluck's brother. I hope she remembers to include that in her "human rights speech." She could also mention the impact her PTP red horde had on the civilians in Bangkok, the deaths of soldiers, police, civilians and reporters, all resulting from her desperate power-grab. And why not show her audience the photos of her brother Thaksin hugging Hun-Sen (the mass-murdering mass-torturing warlord) who Thaksin visits for bestbuddy cuddle sessions and photo-ops!

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1