Suggestion for a reliable Property Management Company

The condo where I stay is being managed by a local property firm starting with a "Q", and they have been pretty mediocre in terms of service standard. Imagine we do not even have a qualified technician in our condo despite our entitlement to three technicians as per terms of agreement. And maids are treating the condo like their moo baans and personal resort.

Does anyone have any reliable property management company in mind ? I plan to bring this matter up during our AGM.

Avoid Saville's/ They have just left our building to avoid potential legal complications from being involved with an unscrupulous owner. I won't go into detials, but the entire fiasco was a complete disgrace. The building is looking into replacements as well.

I have been told that the whole of Bangkok is running short of technicians. I guess these property managers have been expanding too fast, so much so that they undertake projects without sufficient workforce to cope with the additional workload.

And most of them, after having access to various projects will make good use of their "network" and spin off into property agents, cleaning companies, security firms etc.

I've searched for a reliable Mgmt. co for years to no avail. The closest I've gotten is people who are still in the "honeymoon" phase of the arrangement. Committees, JPMs ,etc need to monitor Mgmt carefully and consistently - not allow themselves to be lulled into the dreamworld of shrugging off the problems onto "professionals". Have to ask yourselves what they are professional at doing!

What seem inevitable is that eventually malpractice is discovered. And the depressing thing is that hiring an independent manager supervised by the committee seems inevitably to go sour as well. Rocks and Hard Places...

It's important to complain when the work isn't being performed - verbally and in writing with copies to the committee and the jpm. And you don't have to wait for an AGM to get rid of a management company.

• Like 1