Kanchanabury

swissie

Every time I visit Kanchanabury I like it better than the last time. Thinking of establishing some sort of home away from home there. Renting on a monthly basis. No 5-star hotel, despite my age, I prefer a "Backpacker"-Environment, a good place to meet people from all over the world.

Was told "Mae-Nam Kwae Road" is the place to look. Was there a few times, staying in Guest-Houses. Got an address from Motorbike-Taxi driver last time, but not even Thais can read it.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks & cheers.

I'm having difficulty understanding exactly what your request is. The road you mention is certainly where all the farangs home into and where there are indeed many guest houses. But you say you have been there before and know all this. So what exactly are you asking?

BTW - you can rent a room in a guest house there on a monthly basis for around 3000 baht.

either after a GH recomendation or to read his moto note. perhaps its in burmese?

this is the road Mae-Nam Kwai Road

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mae-Nam+Kwai+Road&hl=en&ll=14.043795,99.513474&spn=0.016487,0.025921&hq=Mae-Nam+Kwai+Road&t=m&z=15&iwloc=A

just cruise along and find something that suits you taste.

Edited by Tony Rabbott

I'm having difficulty understanding exactly what your request is. The road you mention is certainly where all the farangs home into and where there are indeed many guest houses. But you say you have been there before and know all this. So what exactly are you asking?

BTW - you can rent a room in a guest house there on a monthly basis for around 3000 baht.

3000 is fine. The guest-House I usually stay leaves the "Electric and Water" out of the equation on monthly rentals.. As we know, the "electric-bill" is somewhat of a creative act in Thailand. Not want a home away from home for 3000 and the electric is another 2000 !? Looking for an "all included" deal.

Cheers.