Healthy, natural , organic paint / wall covering for my new house

CaptainS

Hi,

I am building a new small house right now.

As I have a lot of strong allergies I cannot use any usual paint available in the local stores (something like "low VOCs" is not good enough for me).

I thought about Lanko 102, but after my research it seems its not very close to gypsum but rather a very artifical product.

So far it seems mineral paint would be my best option in terms of health. Unfortunately there seems to be only one company (KEIM) importing it to Thailand, and they even have to get it for me from Singapore, the price for my 80sqm seems to add up to at least 40,000 which is a bit much for me.

So I am wondering if any of you got any ideas what else I can use which is affordable and as less chemical and even more important less smelly as possible. It doesnt have to be the most beautiful, as long as it looks better than just grey cement I would be ok.

Is there anything quite natural, i.e. stone, mineral or sandbased which you can recommend?

As this is a big issue for me I would be very happy if anyone can help me.

you might look into Crocidile ( spelling check) cement paint. If it's a small house, because the stuff is expensive. I use some in our bathroom, and when I looked at how much it was going to take to do the whole house and the cost, I went with regular paint. They have samples you can test, lots of colors, if I remember Homemart carries it, maybe it will fit the bill. I don't remember any odor, not sure about the organic part though.

• 2 weeks later...