Exchange Thai Baht to Dollars in CNX - Best Rates

realthaideal

This upcoming trip to the US will be the first one I've taken where I only have baht available and need to take some cash with me to the US. I hear Super Rich on Loy Kroh may be the best. In another thread someone referred to SK, but I don't know who they are. Who do you guys use?

Doing the exchange here is the way to go right? It's been years since I've had to do this, but it seems to me that exchanging on US soil gives a crappy return, right?

I know there are some similar threads out there, so just soliciting best updated strategies.

Never never if you can avoid it change money in the airport. I agree the one just off Loi Kroh by the iron bridge is the best one I have heard of but a friend told me there was one by Thai Pa Gate that had good rates. I don't think it will make a lot oif difference in between the two of them.

Super Rich accepted my Thai drivers license

Recently? SK used to accept a photocopy of the passport but about a year ago they began to demand the original. The girl told me that there was a crackdown all over Thailand because of anti-money laundering legislation. A few months ago the g/f tried to exchange some currency when we were in Bangkok. She only had her driver's license on her and the bank or wherever she went denied her. They said they required her Thai ID card or her passport.

Never never if you can avoid it change money in the airport. I agree the one just off Loi Kroh by the iron bridge is the best one I have heard of but a friend told me there was one by Thai Pa Gate that had good rates. I don't think it will make a lot oif difference in between the two of them.

bit of a far fetched statement,if there was no difference between various exchange agents we would only have to go to one,the office by the gate,gives the worse rate of them all,and you would be out of pocket changing your currency there,especially if you are changing a large sum of money,

Recently? SK used to accept a photocopy of the passport but about a year ago they began to demand the original. The girl told me that there was a crackdown all over Thailand because of anti-money laundering legislation. A few months ago the g/f tried to exchange some currency when we were in Bangkok. She only had her driver's license on her and the bank or wherever she went denied her. They said they required her Thai ID card or her passport.

Yes about 4 months ago on Loy K road. I normally take my passport but 1 time I tried using the dl and they accepted. I would bring both just to be sure.

Yes about 4 months ago on Loy K road. I normally take my passport but 1 time I tried using the dl and they accepted. I would bring both just to be sure.

that exchange office is very relaxed,and would take anything,as long as they got the business,