True Visions-channel re-shuffle details

blackman

i did cancel x5 seperate contracts 6 months ago when i moved house

i cancelled at the office on pattaya thai

i then signed up for the x4 receiver family platinum package for 2900 baht a month at my new house also at the office on pattaya Thai

(the only office in pattaya thats got any idea )

booked an install date

when i was ready to move, i loaded the equipment up, took them to True office upstairs in the electric retailer on sukhumvit as in my opinion she is the only one who knows how to do that

got receipts for everything

then i moved house

the next day , they installed all 4 new units, cabling and dish

i paid 8000 deposit for the new system to them

i bought one true lite receiver unit outright for 1900 baht

they laid cable for me for that add on unit for a small fee

about six weeks later i got a cheque from True in my name, at my new house address for the residue of my original 10,000 baht deposit for the units at the old house

they took out the viewing fees up to the day i returned the equipment and charged me for a dish, LNB and bracket which i left at the house for the incoming buyers

i knew this would happen and agreed it with the lady at the return office

thats it, very simple no problems

one night without service and now 1600 baht a month cheaper than x5 separate units/contracts

Hi Blackman - you sound like a real expert on this subject. So if you'll excuse my rather less than expert knowledge on the subject; can you explain all of the above again in simple terms? I'm presently paying True 1586 baht a month for their Gold package [note not Gold A]. I only have one receiver [HD] and have been told that I would have to pay the same amount again to have another receiver in bedroom. Seems like you're getting a pretty good deal.

A couple of points to bear in mind - I live in Ubon with no cable - only satellite. The channel listings, for some reason, are different in Ubon from BKK

If it's too complicated for the forum, or judged to be off-topic, I'd be more than grateful for a PM.

Thanks in anticipation

ok

yes mine is an HD satellite system same as you

so the listings should be in the same order as yours and the published list

so i would unplug the power from your receiver leave it for 5 minutes, the reattach and let it re-boot it

or

call out an engineer from true to reset it to factory settings to make it the same as everyone else

that aside,you could add a second receiver to your current package, for another 2000 baht deposit for the box and an extra payment of 282.48 a month

whoever is saying you need another full package is wrong

you can see it here on this page on the true website

http://www.truevisionstv.com/package.aspx?id=38

select English language and scroll all the way down to the bottom to see the picture below:

i hope that helps

Thanks for the reply man. I'll have a look at their site and see if I can get a deal on their Platinum package

Cheers

i did cancel x5 seperate contracts 6 months ago when i moved house

i cancelled at the office on pattaya thai

i then signed up for the x4 receiver family platinum package for 2900 baht a month at my new house also at the office on pattaya Thai

(the only office in pattaya thats got any idea )

booked an install date

when i was ready to move, i loaded the equipment up, took them to True office upstairs in the electric retailer on sukhumvit as in my opinion she is the only one who knows how to do that

got receipts for everything

then i moved house

the next day , they installed all 4 new units, cabling and dish

i paid 8000 deposit for the new system to them

i bought one true lite receiver unit outright for 1900 baht

they laid cable for me for that add on unit for a small fee

about six weeks later i got a cheque from True in my name, at my new house address for the residue of my original 10,000 baht deposit for the units at the old house

they took out the viewing fees up to the day i returned the equipment and charged me for a dish, LNB and bracket which i left at the house for the incoming buyers

i knew this would happen and agreed it with the lady at the return office

thats it, very simple no problems

one night without service and now 1600 baht a month cheaper than x5 separate units/contracts

Hi Blackman - you sound like a real expert on this subject. So if you'll excuse my rather less than expert knowledge on the subject; can you explain all of the above again in simple terms? I'm presently paying True 1586 baht a month for their Gold package [note not Gold A]. I only have one receiver [HD] and have been told that I would have to pay the same amount again to have another receiver in bedroom. Seems like you're getting a pretty good deal.

A couple of points to bear in mind - I live in Ubon with no cable - only satellite. The channel listings, for some reason, are different in Ubon from BKK

If it's too complicated for the forum, or judged to be off-topic, I'd be more than grateful for a PM.

Thanks in anticipation

ok

yes mine is an HD satellite system same as you

so the listings should be in the same order as yours and the published list

so i would unplug the power from your receiver leave it for 5 minutes, the reattach and let it re-boot it

or

call out an engineer from true to reset it to factory settings to make it the same as everyone else

that aside,you could add a second receiver to your current package, for another 2000 baht deposit for the box and an extra payment of 282.48 a month

whoever is saying you need another full package is wrong

you can see it here on this page on the true website

http://www.truevisionstv.com/package.aspx?id=38

select English language and scroll all the way down to the bottom to see the picture below:

i hope that helps

Thanks for the reply man. I'll have a look at their site and see if I can get a deal on their Platinum package

Cheers

http://www.truevisionstv.com/package.aspx?id=39

Just seams like a couple of months ago I had to re organize all my channels on True..

Thankfully doing a Sat re-scan, can still get all the Knowledge channels free, just took time moving them all to the beginning of list, like I always do.......... 1 x Skybox + 2x dreambox, so took over 1 hour..

mostly watch LIVE TV from the internet, connection HDMI from PC Graphics card to TV is a very good picture.......... yesterday could not get well, constant buffeting, but better then Sat box where it said No Signal... thunderstorms most of the day..

The new HD channels are great and, to the best of my knowledge, no channels have been stopped, they just might have changed position.

But what is frustrating me is the poor audio quality on CNN HD (channel 164). The picture is great but the audio keeps cutting out intermittently, making it almost impossible to listen to. This has also been happening for a while on the radio channel 230 (BBC World Service).

(Mods - does this thread really belong in the Pattaya forum?)

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

I've got CTH and True Gold package and despite its warts and all still think True better than CTH so wont be cancelling subscription just yet.

I've got them both as well to trial for a few months. I can't justify paying 2,700 a month so one will have to go. I agree that True is better than CTH, unless you are a big EPL fan. My hope is to get a deal from True to bring the joint payment below 2,000. One thing i would miss with True would be the PVR and it's much better programme listing (CTH's is none existent).