True Visions-channel re-shuffle details

blackman

I've now reshuffled Truevision right off my TV screen (poor choice and quality and value for money).I now watch all my TV via the internet it took a bit of research and the finding of the right proxy server but I now watch most of the major UK & USA channels for free.

• Like 1

at risk of repeating myself, i cannot understand why there is so much hostility to TRUE

more than 10 years in, i have more channels, better programming, better equipment, cheaper costs and HD

i think its a great deal

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 2

at risk of repeating myself, i cannot understand why there is so much hostility to TRUE

more than 10 years in, i have more channels, better programming, better equipment, cheaper costs and HD

i think its a great deal

Hostility is due to continual re-shuffling of channels.

Why do they keep doing it ?

!0 years ago the channels were better than they are now. Where is Star World ?

Watched the F1 HD channel on Sunday. 1/2 way thru the race a game of football was visable on top of the F1.

6 months ago watching the F1 HD channel, the F1 commentary changed to a live Tennis commentary.

When I have a service problem they promise to come to repair fault, yet never turn up.

Only reason i keep the poor service is because I get 75% discount off the Platinum package.

i think its a great deal

Yes, I wish they wouldn't change the channel numbers quite so often, but it's hardly a reason to throw a hissy fit and this morning I got a letter from them with the new channel listings (as shown in the first post), so I guess it's not that painful an experience. Sometimes when learning the channels anew I discover something I hadn't realized was there before. I agree that the HD channels are impressive.

I really doubt that many people are dropping their subscriptions, but as is true with most things on Thai Visa, a noisy minority makes it seem like it's more significant than it really is.

• Like 2

I've now reshuffled Truevision right off my TV screen (poor choice and quality and value for money).I now watch all my TV via the internet it took a bit of research and the finding of the right proxy server but I now watch most of the major UK & USA channels for free.

Please tell us how you did this. I have been researching for a few weeks now, with no clear result.

Recently cancelled my Truevisions subscription. Poor channels and content. Some of the movies are 20 years + old.

Please tell us how you did this. I have been researching for a few weeks now, with no clear result.

Recently cancelled my Truevisions subscription. Poor channels and content. Some of the movies are 20 years + old.

jombom said:

Recently cancelled my Truevisions subscription. Poor channels and content. Some of the movies are 20 years + old

blackman says:

i saw a movie called Nosferatu on turner classic movies that was made in 1922!

bloody True , taking good money for showing old movies.....

This morning I don't have any channels working, everything was okay last night??

I still find many channels ok, yes the HD ones are hard to live without when first getting used to them.

How can you Pattaya28 get a 75% discount on the Platinium package?

This morning I don't have any channels working, everything was okay last night??

I still find many channels ok, yes the HD ones are hard to live without when first getting used to them.

it was changeover night last night

officially it should be over at 8 am

i had some channels at 6am and others have been showing up since then

true say all channels should be fully loaded and in new spots by 9am

i would advise you unplugging the power to the receiver

leave for 2 minutes and then let it re-boot to help it organize the new channels

Phone up and ask to cancel because you are getting CTH for the EPL. They will try and talk you out of it. Stand your ground and they will probably offer to continue your current package for 590 bht for the next 6 months. That is what I did.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Phone up and ask to cancel because you are getting CTH for the EPL. They will try and talk you out of it. Stand your ground and they will probably offer to continue your current package for 590 bht for the next 6 months. That is what I did.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Okay thanks, sounds like worth trying.

I think they loose a lot of customers now because of the new satellite provider, which is good, maybe they can stop being so greedy.

• Like 1

Some of the movies are 20 years + old.

This is a good reason to keep True. thumbsup.gif I look at the schedule of new movies available and see nothing but crap.

not only did they cut CNN they also cut TSP4 (true sport 4) to give way for MU tv. I call that absolutely pathetic -mind you am an MU fan...

Have to say, am amazed how none of you seem to realise the abysmal difference between the time it was UBC and now that's true. When i first subscribed in '98 could not believe the quality i was getting for such little money (1,4xx at the time for gold).

As the other guy said, all they care about is to maximise the profit. Not to mention that their program is getting all the more "falang hostile".

Thais is their main target. I 'll be off then.

• Like 1

not only did they cut CNN they also cut TSP4 (true sport 4) to give way for MU tv. I call that absolutely pathetic -mind you am an MU fan...

Have to say, am amazed how none of you seem to realise the abysmal difference between the time it was UBC and now that's true. When i first subscribed in '98 could not believe the quality i was getting for such little money (1,4xx at the time for gold).

As the other guy said, all they care about is to maximise the profit. Not to mention that their program is getting all the more "falang hostile".

Thais is their main target. I 'll be off then.

TRUE SPORT 4 is now on 118 in HD

CNN is on 164 in HD

• Like 1

i think its a great deal

Try to cancel the service, I hope you don't experience what we went through.

Cancelled, all agreed at to the date it was to cut, all paid up to the last day. All confirmed that our name

would be removed from that address.

And we gave them full details of name, mobile no., etc., of the lady who bought our condo.

about 4 or 5 weeks later the new owner called and said 'can you please call True and tell them to cancel your account

because until you cancel it we cannot register our name as the new account owner'.

We called true, turns out the lady we gave the new owner details to lost it, so she just reopened an account in our name.

She didn't bother to call me or my Thai son to get the new name again, too busy.

i think its a great deal

Try to cancel the service, I hope you don't experience what we went through.

Cancelled, all agreed at to the date it was to cut, all paid up to the last day. All confirmed that our name

would be removed from that address.

And we gave them full details of name, mobile no., etc., of the lady who bought our condo.

about 4 or 5 weeks later the new owner called and said 'can you please call True and tell them to cancel your account

because until you cancel it we cannot register our name as the new account owner'.

We called true, turns out the lady we gave the new owner details to lost it, so she just reopened an account in our name.

She didn't bother to call me or my Thai son to get the new name again, too busy.

i did cancel x5 seperate contracts 6 months ago when i moved house

i cancelled at the office on pattaya thai

i then signed up for the x4 receiver family platinum package for 2900 baht a month at my new house also at the office on pattaya Thai

(the only office in pattaya thats got any idea )

booked an install date

when i was ready to move, i loaded the equipment up, took them to True office upstairs in the electric retailer on sukhumvit as in my opinion she is the only one who knows how to do that

got receipts for everything

then i moved house

the next day , they installed all 4 new units, cabling and dish

i paid 8000 deposit for the new system to them

i bought one true lite receiver unit outright for 1900 baht

they laid cable for me for that add on unit for a small fee

about six weeks later i got a cheque from True in my name, at my new house address for the residue of my original 10,000 baht deposit for the units at the old house

they took out the viewing fees up to the day i returned the equipment and charged me for a dish, LNB and bracket which i left at the house for the incoming buyers

i knew this would happen and agreed it with the lady at the return office

thats it, very simple no problems

one night without service and now 1600 baht a month cheaper than x5 separate units/contracts

i then signed up for the x4 receiver family platinum package for 2900 baht a month at my new house also at the office on pattaya Thai

booked an install date

when i was ready to move, i loaded the equipment up, took them to True office upstairs in the electric retailer on sukhumvit as in my opinion she is the only one who knows how to do that

then i moved house

about six weeks later i got a cheque from True in my name, at my new house address for the residue of my original 10,000 baht deposit for the units at the old house

they took out the viewing fees up to the day i returned the equipment and charged me for a dish, LNB and bracket which i left at the house for the incoming buyers

one night without service and now 1600 baht a month cheaper than x5 separate units/contracts

Hi Blackman - you sound like a real expert on this subject. So if you'll excuse my rather less than expert knowledge on the subject; can you explain all of the above again in simple terms? I'm presently paying True 1586 baht a month for their Gold package [note not Gold A]. I only have one receiver [HD] and have been told that I would have to pay the same amount again to have another receiver in bedroom. Seems like you're getting a pretty good deal.

A couple of points to bear in mind - I live in Ubon with no cable - only satellite. The channel listings, for some reason, are different in Ubon from BKK

If it's too complicated for the forum, or judged to be off-topic, I'd be more than grateful for a PM.

Thanks in anticipation

booked an install date

then i moved house

Hi Blackman - you sound like a real expert on this subject. So if you'll excuse my rather less than expert knowledge on the subject; can you explain all of the above again in simple terms? I'm presently paying True 1586 baht a month for their Gold package [note not Gold A]. I only have one receiver [HD] and have been told that I would have to pay the same amount again to have another receiver in bedroom. Seems like you're getting a pretty good deal.

A couple of points to bear in mind - I live in Ubon with no cable - only satellite. The channel listings, for some reason, are different in Ubon from BKK

If it's too complicated for the forum, or judged to be off-topic, I'd be more than grateful for a PM.

Thanks in anticipation

ok

yes mine is an HD satellite system same as you

so the listings should be in the same order as yours and the published list

so i would unplug the power from your receiver leave it for 5 minutes, the reattach and let it re-boot it

or

call out an engineer from true to reset it to factory settings to make it the same as everyone else

that aside,you could add a second receiver to your current package, for another 2000 baht deposit for the box and an extra payment of 282.48 a month

whoever is saying you need another full package is wrong

you can see it here on this page on the true website

http://www.truevisionstv.com/package.aspx?id=38

select English language and scroll all the way down to the bottom to see the picture below:

i hope that helps

post-81023-0-26622200-1378982874_thumb.j

• Like 1