Females in Thailand

frances

I was checking out the posts today and realised that here are very few recent posts from all female gender folk in Thailand..I have lived here for 23 years.. back in the day, I was quite a novelty..not so any more which is great.. let's get some words from all of the women out there...what's up??

Really guys? Must you hijack every single thread in the Ladies forum? coffee1.gif

Post is clearly not aimed at you so please go somewhere else, thanks.

Hi Frances, yes I was the same somewhat but you do see more than a few of us around these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to institute a one-strike policy in the ladies forum? You say one stupid, ignorant, misogynistic thing here and you're out. Forums aren't a democracy, institute marital law on this shit.

Edited by oiuy1

Won't work, and to be honest - the one's that are out of order are soon put in their place pretty quickly. Also, they are amusing!!!

By the way girls, you forgot my 50th birthday yesterday!! Don't worry, i am not going to moan....!!!

Counting my grey hairs...

post-22920-0-41077300-1380096984_thumb.j

Edited by Patsycat

Won't work, and to be honest - the one's that are out of order are soon put in their place pretty quickly. Also, they are amusing!!!

By the way girls, you forgot my 50th birthday yesterday!! Don't worry, i am not going to moan....!!!

attachicon.gifpink phone.jpg

How were we to know??!

HAPPY B-DAY Pats!!

Don't worry about the grey hairs and any wrinkles, that's why god made Botox and hair dye.

attachicon.gifpink phone.jpg

How were we to know??!

HAPPY B-DAY Pats!!

Don't worry about the grey hairs and any wrinkles, that's why god made Botox and hair dye.

+1

I have more grey hair then likes.

Everyone likes Miss Pats.

She must be awesome!

Just quietly ... as is Sheryl ... who is an unsung hero on the Forum.

How do you know the gender of a poster ? smile.png

Sorry, transam, I was actually interested in any voice which is not evidently white patriarchal privileged self defining hetro-male. No need for more than almost average reading skills to weeds out these boys..

Saw the Thai female forum which had not been activated since 2008!!! and gave it a shot...the usual tone of the TVF clearly precludes any trans/g.queer/or cis.females in my estimation..I assumed that a female forum inherently includes all self-defining females...

And, isn't it sad that one has to mask one's identity, however defined, because of aggressive behaviour?

I am sure these trollers are a lot less self-assured in the flesh..

Actually Frances there are more of us here on TV than it may seem. Many female TV members hide their gender due to the aggressive negative behavior of some of the male members. Unfortunately, highly prolific ones.

And this forum, which is intended to be a place where western women living in Thailand can connect, suffers from a chronic problem of being overrun with male posts. Some discussion is underway among the Mods as to how to handle this., Any suggestion you are other FEMALE members may have in that regard, would be welcome.

Not to mention some of them carry some baggage since they most likely assume the female poster would be a western female poster and try to argue along the lines of you aren't hot sh!t here in thailand but i am you see how thai ladies are flinging themselves at me and thai ladies are superior to you.

Very common to see something along those lines here.

• Like 1

Actually Frances there are more of us here on TV than it may seem. Many female TV members hide their gender due to the aggressive negative behavior of some of the male members. Unfortunately, highly prolific ones.

And this forum, which is intended to be a place where western women living in Thailand can connect, suffers from a chronic problem of being overrun with male posts. Some discussion is underway among the Mods as to how to handle this., Any suggestion you are other FEMALE members may have in that regard, would be welcome.

Not to mention some of them carry some baggage since they most likely assume the female poster would be a western female poster and try to argue along the lines of you aren't hot sh!t here in thailand but i am you see how thai ladies are flinging themselves at me and thai ladies are superior to you.

Yes but less common than trolls who think they are clever in the ladies forum. They are probably almost as sad as those men with baggage.

• Like 1

Ha! Western females are very hot shit here. We just don't need our credit cards to prove it..

Ha! Western females are very hot shit here. We just don't need our credit cards to prove it..

Ooooh burn but then again most females shouldn't need a card to pay especially for men. Kind of sad one thinks he's hot stuff when it's his card that does it

Ooooh burn but then again most females shouldn't need a card to pay especially for men. Kind of sad one thinks he's hot stuff when it's his card that does it

Couldn't agree more for years human race has craved equality!! Can't pick and choose its across the board so ill leave my card at home . (just a bit of fun ladies don't crucify me)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are also quite a few of us that come and go from Thailand.... I was much more active on the forum when we lived in-country but since moving to Oz a lot of my info is dated and I admit I don't feel that day-to-day connection to my old Thai life. I read but don't contribute as much. I've made some great real-life friends through TV including one that I see regularly in Oz, so the forum is still a presence in my life!

We'll soon be back living in the region though girls, so in the words of Arnie "I'll be ba-aaack".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...