Charred Remains of body found in steel drum in East Pattaya

webfact

Charred Remains of body found in steel drum in East Pattaya

body-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Officers from Huay Yai Police Station were called to a Tapioca Field in the locality on Wednesday afternoon following the discovery of a steel drum containing the charred remains of a human body.

Police Colonel Gampon, the Chief of Huay Yai Police, led the initial investigation and was joined by medics from Banglamung Hospital.

The drum was found by Khun Sa-in aged 51, who works as a farmer and was returning home when he spotted the steel object and noticed a foul odor coming from inside the 200 liter drum.

Rescue Workers were called in to sift through the remains and recover body parts which will now be sent to the Police Forensic Institute in Bangkok for DNA analysis.

No clues could be found as to the name, gender or nationality of the victim who is thought to have died around 5-6 days prior to the discovery of the remains.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/102266/charred-remains-body-steel-drum-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-12

Without a better picture, wonder if it is just some road kill cleaned up? Lots of poor dogs get run over on the roads in and around Huai Yai.

Look like the pixelated some of that, must be a recognizable bone, skull or the like.

If it is, RIP.

Edited by jmccarty

Never ever ever going to Pattaya !!! RIP whoever you are.

"Never ever ever going to Pattaya !!!"

How will we ever cope without you?

There's no shortage of tragedy and misery in the world. Thailand and Pattaya are far from the worst in that regard. Hopefully the deceased is at peace and that whoever may have ended his/her life prematurely will spend many years tormented by the memory of what he did.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

I do remember an Ex Pat years ago saying he had told his wife to not tell anybody when he passed on, just to cremate him in the back yard and continue collecting his pension.

Did he specify to wait for him to die of natural causes?

Can't believe it , only one post from the ' I hate Pattaya ' brigade . Come on boys there's usually a list of people saying what a nasty place Pattaya is .

Maybe the " I hate Pattaya" brigade is worn out..... :-) I personally enjoy living here.

I do remember an Ex Pat years ago saying he had told his wife to not tell anybody when he passed on, just to cremate him in the back yard and continue collecting his pension.

No, but then he had a good wife and AFAIK he is still very much alive.

Can't believe it , only one post from the ' I hate Pattaya ' brigade . Come on boys there's usually a list of people saying what a nasty place Pattaya is .

Maybe the " I hate Pattaya" brigade is worn out..... :-) I personally enjoy living here.

Its not the living there thats the problem! Dying is!

Perhaps because you are still alive?

No, but then he had a good wife and AFAIK he is still very much alive.

So his Thai girl is different. Well that's a relief. Nothing to worry about then...lol.

Edited by lapd