New Hospital been built.

worgeordie

I see they are building a new Hospital near to Makro on the

Super Highway, Its called the Bangkok Hospital,which I believe

is quiet a good hospital in Bangkok ?

Another new Hospital is good for Chiang Mai, more choice,

more competition,especially if it offers good up to date

treatment,and diagnosis.better than another Mall !

regards Worgeordie

And before anyone asks how to get to the hospital…..the last person who asked me that was pushed under a songthaew. w00t.gif

Which leads me to ask whether there'll be free shuttle buses for those living in the centre of the city without their own transport laugh.png

It will be no better than the staff servicing it.

Maybe more plush. Designed to attract tourists.

I see they offer anti aging packages,any interest from you Dolly.

Well now that you mention it. It would be nice but I would tend to use the wisdom i have picked up in the aging process to see through it as a scam. How ever I see you did pick up one interested party.tongue.png

Well, so much for the rumor that Bangkok Hospital was going to build close to the center of town.

Ahh, yes, the urban sprawl continues. This is part of why we left the U.S. -- we wanted to live in a city where we could walk everywhere. I guess we need to re-evaluate the budget -- NYC would be great, wouldn't it?

Well, so much for the rumor that Bangkok Hospital was going to build close to the center of town.

Ahh, yes, the urban sprawl continues. This is part of why we left the U.S. -- we wanted to live in a city where we could walk everywhere. I guess we need to re-evaluate the budget -- NYC would be great, wouldn't it?

Yes, probaly would have been better to build it close to Ram and Suan Doc facepalm.gif

• Like 1

From my point of view the location is perfect as I live in the area. Driving to Ram or Suan Dok is both time consuming and awkward. Parking can be a nightmare so as soon as the Bangkok hospital is open I will transfer from Ram.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

And before anyone asks how to get to the hospital…..the last person who asked me that was pushed under a songthaew. w00t.gif

Which leads me to ask whether there'll be free shuttle buses for those living in the centre of the city without their own transport laugh.png

Hi Mr Smith, Yes they will be called Ambulances,

regards Worgeordie

He said free Worgeordie.

From my point of view the location is perfect as I live in the area. Driving to Ram or Suan Dok is both time consuming and awkward. Parking can be a nightmare so as soon as the Bangkok hospital is open I will transfer from Ram.

It's interesting how people with cars think they have the right to free parking within a short walk of a destination.

It's easy enough to park at Kad Suan Kaew mall and walk to CM Ram, thru a pleasant little soi always bustling with activity. But, I guess you'd have to actually experience some of the charm of Chiang Mai and leave the airconditioned bubble of a vehicle.

Oh well, maybe now the sidewalks around CM Ram and Suan Dok will be a little safer if there's fewer people driving around those buildings looking for a close parking space.

• Like 1

It's interesting how people with cars think they have the right to free parking within a short walk of a destination.

It's easy enough to park at Kad Suan Kaew mall and walk to CM Ram, thru a pleasant little soi always bustling with activity. But, I guess you'd have to actually experience some of the charm of Chiang Mai and leave the airconditioned bubble of a vehicle.

Oh well, maybe now the sidewalks around CM Ram and Suan Dok will be a little safer if there's fewer people driving around those buildings looking for a close parking space.

You've lost me Nancy. I think you are saying that if visiting CM Ram hospital it's better to pay and park in Kad Suan Kaew and walk along a smelly little side road with no pavements than use the free car park and elevators in the hospital. You can't really be saying that, can you?

Nancy, if you take the time to read what I wrote you will see that I did not mention free parking. I have done as you say and used KSK but there are many occasions when it is full, even on the topmost floors. The area you mention is badly congested and simply cannot handle the additional traffic that another hospital would create. In an emergency it is essential that access is easy and speedy.

I recently had to drive by myself to Ram with an accidental knife wound pouring blood, and negotiating Huay Keauw at Rincome and then around the moat to get to Ram was a most unpleasant experience. As was the return journey after six hours including surgery in theatre.

Simple thought shows that as the city expands northwards, new retail developments are built such as Promenade and Central Festival, as well as numerous condos and moo baans there is demand in this area for a hospital built on available land and on roads that are not gridlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh, I know you're right, but I heave a little sigh each time there's another sign of urban sprawl coming to CM. A big part of the reason we chose to retire here is the ease of getting around in a fairly compact city that offers all the services needed for a comfortable life -- and that includes medical care. There is much land in the central city that isn't being used efficiently, yet they continue to build outward.

Incidentally, the one time I needed quick medical attention, it was a simple matter of exiting my condo and waving down a tuk-tuk. The staff at CM Ram had the EKG leads on me within 5 minutes of leaving home. THAT, my friend, is part of why we want to live in a compact, "walkable" city.

Our last home was near Detroit. They experienced the same suburban growth phenomenon, but for different reasons, several decades ago. As a result, you have a dead city center surrounded by a fairly vibrant ring -- like an old tree that is dead in the center, but the outer portion near the bark still lives on. Those trees aren't healthy and that's what becomes of cities when the central core dies, too.

It certainly doesn't help when everyone with a car thinks they're entitled to inexpensive (OK, not free) parking close to their destination. That car you're driving is just contributing to the death of central Chiang Mai.

Edited by NancyL

NancyL, c'mon now, please cut we folks living in the outskirts of CM some slack. We all have different reasons living in certain places. As far as hospitals are concerned, there are ample of hospitals in the city. But what about the outlying areas where folks like us live for one reason or another? As of now, no decent hospitals in the outlying areas do I know of. Do you know of any?

A couple of months ago, I went to this neighboring hospital just to check something out. I had a locked thumb (nill lock, in Thai) from picking up too many cobblestones to lay a pavement. I talked to the guard in the said hospital while I was waiting for someone in the office to show up. There were more than 10 patients waiting for one doctor on duty. I asked what they do for emergency situation, he said they sent them to Suam Dok. He told me also that he would not get any treatment in that hospital even if he became sick. So damn scary!

I went to McCormick Hospital. B790 and it didn't help! The thing that bothered me is I had to ask all the questions. The doctor just gave me one injection between my thumb and and my index fingure and said nothing. I guess, in that respect, hellodolly is right - it's often the doctor that counts. Incidentally, I got my locked thumb cured in a clinic for B400.

Hospitals are getting so expensive and doctors are getting so commercial. Ever watch their stock prices like RAM, CMR, BGH, BH, etc? I'm lucky to be owning some of them and it would be nice to watch which hospitals some of these shareholders have interest.

• Like 1